Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

acman wrote: »
    I was in Harvey Norman (airside) a couple of days ago and they had printers on special offer for 29 and 59 euro...might be worth checking out!

Ah town is the only option for me - I'm not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

a key thing should be the cost of ink cartridges (if it's an inkjet) or toner (if it's a laser).

beware of seemingly cheap printers that look great but when you go to replace the ink you find that it costs a fortune, like maybe even more than the printer did in the first place. Linked to this is the fact that the ink cartridges/toner that comes with many printers is enough to print around 30 pages and get you going. In other words you could be back buying extra ink within a day.

Some safe brands in this regard would be HP or Epson. Traditionally HP were the safe corporate solution for Lasers and the toner was cheap. Epson would be the equivalent in inkjets.

Thats' all I can offer but that's based on 20+ years working with pooters. btw, check out inkjet.ie for ink cos it's way cheaper than the shops in most cases.

Yeah, a HP Monochrome Laser seems like a good bet, I'll have a look round tomorrow.

That stuff in Spy is mad. Good to see DJs standing up against dickhead management though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I would really like to hold my tongue on this one but two and half men is the most awful tv show I think I've ever seen. Awful. Just awful.

On the other hand. Watched the whole first series of Breaking Bad yesterday and was blown away. Seriously engaging and very clever. Loved it.

anyone see those trailers for Hot Tub Time Machine? Has all the makings of both a brilliant or awful film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

jtsuited wrote: »
    I would really like to hold my tongue on this one but two and half men is the most awful tv show I think I've ever seen. Awful. Just awful.

Charlie Sheen is the worlds highest paid TV actor.

THE HIGHEST PAID TV ACTOR IN THE WORLD.

AND ALL HE DOES IS TWO AND A HALF MEN.

I'll just let that sink in.
    On the other hand. Watched the whole first series of Breaking Bad yesterday and was blown away. Seriously engaging and very clever. Loved it.

Absolutely sensational. Anyone who condemns ''american'' TV (i.e. non-HBO shows) should be shown this at one end of the spectrum and something like Arrested Development at the other end. The last 5 years have been absolutely golden for TV.

i genuinely find that charlie sheen fact depressing. really seriously depressing. there are some things that make genuinely lose faith in humankind and Two and a Half Men is one of them.

It's really weird the way in American television (and maybe America in general) there's like this huge gap between the brainless and the genius. I mean is there any middle ground?

Come to think of it, most Americans I've known have been either really really smart or complete morons.

jimi_t2 wrote: »

Absolutely sensational. Anyone who condemns ''american'' TV (i.e. non-HBO shows) should be shown this at one end of the spectrum and something like Arrested Development at the other end. The last 5 years have been absolutely golden for TV.

Haven't watched arrested development. Does it get the 'boards dance forum aul grumpy curmudgeon seal of approval'?

I remember reading some article in the guardian about 2 years ago, saying that the huge resurgence in good clever television was basically because the UK Office had been a mega hit over there after no tv execs expected it to be.
    Or something like that.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I watch absolutely fck all TV these days, no idea where to even start when I stick on SKY - not to sound all oldskool but there was an easier sense of TV flicking when there was only 12 channels and you knew what each channel was. I know there's a lot more variety now but I'm just less arsed... plus I'm much happier listening to music in the evening to chill before bed.

Interesting point. I genuinely think I'm developing ADD lately because if have to even watch the opening titles to a tv show, I start getting edgy. On the upside, I can avoid mindless ads in daily life quite easily now.

• Advertisement

just did the autism test there.

"Agree: 2,4,5,6,9,12,13,16,18,19,21,23,33,39,41,42,43: 1 point
    Disagree: 1,10,11,15,17,24,25,29,30,32,34,40,44,49,50: 1 point
    Score: 32"

what do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

I very rarely watch tele these days unless it for a match or something like that. Any programs I watch, I watch on the laptop after doin a bit of research to see what there like. When I do watch the tele I do be loosin the head flickin around and seein some of the dirt that does be on the likes of rte and comedy central!

At the moment I'm watchin Monty Python's Flying Circus from the start:D.

If anyones lookin for something to start watchin in the way of comedy; defo check out Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, probably my favorite show of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Come to think of it, most Americans I've known have been either really really smart or complete morons.

surprisingly enough this statement rings true for me too.

(just like to point out though that some of my dearest friends are american but fall into each category)

Off to a BBQ in an hour or two, going to pick up some food on the way. Is there any apart from burgers and chicken etc that's good on a BBQ? Want to get something a bit interesting as well as the normal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

tuna steaks are real nice on a bbq

Off to a BBQ in an hour or two, going to pick up some food on the way. Is there any apart from burgers and chicken etc that's good on a BBQ? Want to get something a bit interesting as well as the normal stuff.

Skip the chicken - esp. drumsticks. You just cant safely cook them on a BBQ (unless you're doing the whole chicken with a can of beer up his arse routine).

Prawns are suprisingly good and piss easy to cook, as is any fillet of fish. Just wrap them in tinfoil. If you're feeling fancy you could lamp some sweet chili sauce in the foil before cooking or something. Ditto baked potatoes.

If you've veggies, things like aubergine, courgette and peppers make great veg-friendly kebabs. Make sure to wrap the end of the wooden skewers in tinfoil though, or they'll catch fire.

A nice basic but tasty option is to stick a load of baby potatoes into tin foil and cover with salt, pepper and a load of real butter - wrap up with the tin foil and leave on the BBQ for about 20-30 mins, when they have a nice brown edge on them which tends to be quite crispy... great with a cold beer. Think I'll fire up the BBQ today actually come to think of it!

Edit - don't leave them on the flame, push over to the edge of the BBQ.

Haven't watched arrested development. Does it get the 'boards dance forum aul grumpy curmudgeon seal of approval'?

In terms of ''need to see'' shows of the last decade, this would be my shortlist. Make of it what you will.

Drama
    Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    Mad Men
    Battlestar Galactica (Really)
    True Blood

Comedy
    Peep Show
    30 Rock
    Arrested Development
    Black Books
    Summer Heights High (A masterclass)

Add in the US Office, Weeds, and Nip/Tuck (some people don't like it, I love it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

The Lives of Others, Goodbye Lenin

I loved these too, good choice.

Also on a beer (and german-speaking) note, Ottakringer from Vienna is lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I loved these too, good choice.

Also on a beer (and german-speaking) note, Ottakringer from Vienna is lovely too.
    Ive never heard of that beer. Is it a Weissbier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Gas or Charcoal BBQs? Think its got to be gas for me,so much quicker and easyer to get going and no smoke in the eye balls. BUT, Charcoal does taste and smell better.

Gas or Charcoal BBQs? Think its got to be gas for me,so much quicker and easyer to get going and no smoke in the eye balls. BUT, Charcoal does taste and smell better.

It was charcoal. It's safe to say I'm quite drunk by now.

Weird how youtube gets you in contact with various producers from over the years when you upload their tracks. I've spoken to a few over the last year or so from putting up tracks but yesterday Orlando Voorn sent me a message to ask if I would rip one of his CDs from the 90s (as I have a track up on youtube from it) in WAV format and send on to him as he is planning to remaster old material... not that its any real big deal but just thought I'd share that experience! :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrvoorn
    As one of the first Dutch musicians to establish a vital connection between Detroit and Amsterdam, Orlando Voorn has long been recognized as one of the Netherland’s most original and inventive producers in the world of electronic dance music.

Voorn began djing at the tender age of 12 and went on to win the Dutch DMC DJ Championships in 1986 with his own characteristic blend of hiphop and electro. Towards the end of the eighties he acquired his first sequencer, packed away his turntables and turned his hand to producing.

Following a series of dancefloor tracks recorded for the now defunct Lower East Side Records under the monniker of Frequency in the early nineties (Where Is Your Evidence, Kiss The Sky…), he was introduced to Juan Atkins (Industrial Metal, Game One) and went on to work with both Derrick May and Blake Baxter (as one half of the Ghetto Brothers). Voorn was also recording as Nighttripper (Tone Exploitation), Format (Solid Session - one of the most sought after classic techno records until its re-release in 1998), Basic Bastard, The Living Room, Baruka, Fix (Flash on Kevin Saunderson’s legendary KMS label), Dope Dog, Boy (Paco Di Bango’s World) and Stalker (The Stalker/The Riderman)… Many of these tracks can be heard on the double cd Best of Nightvision.

Having made his mark producing his own vision of techno, ambient and hiphop and adamantly sidestepping genre limitations thus far, Voorn’s announcement that his "Redeye" album would see a foray into drum’n’bass territory aroused both anticipation and curiosity. While Voorn undoubtedly has an ear for melody, this has always been combined with an innate understanding of the importance of atmosphere and tension in music. Like Squarepusher, Amon Tobin, and Photek, he uses drum’n’bass rhythms to create something beyond pure dance music.
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Orlando+Voorn

Oh and one of his many great tracks from the 90s.

Fix - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

Zascar wrote: »
    The best movie I've seen recently is Law Abiding Citizen - really great..

this is quite possibly the sh!ttest film ive ever seen, and believe me ive seen some sh!t films, gerard butler is a terrible actor and jamie foxx although good in that film as that blind c*nt, has a face you want to box every time hes on screen, there are so many facepalm moments in the film i lost count. The first few minutes of it are supposed to be set years ago (10 years if i remember correctly) yet when the film moves into the present day not 1 character has aged. The rape and murder of butlers wife and kid was pathetic, you need something horrible and graphic (to a point) in a film like this so that you can sort of make a connection with the character butler plays and maybe feel sorry for him at some stage, ive seen more violent deaths in a wednesday night made of tv movie of the tv3 mould. Your supposed to feel there is some justice in what butler ends up doing but all i wanted him to do was fvck off and die, and then the explanation as to how hes committing all these murders from prison pretty much defies all logic.

this film would be good if it was a parody of other psychological thrillers in the same way scary movie is a parody of teen slasher movies, but its not, its a serious thriller, fvcking ridiculous.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Whether you love or hate him this should be worth a watch: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-investigates

I just hope he makes a fool out of all the so called Psychics

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Add in the US Office, Weeds, and Nip/Tuck (some people don't like it, I love it).
    Actually I forgot to mention that one, Weeds is excellent, can't wait for new series. Used to watch Nip/Tuck but have not seen it in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Whether you love or hate him this should be worth a watch: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-investigates

I just hope he makes a fool out of all the so called Psychics

This looks really intresting. I hope he exposes mediums for the con artists they are.

Did anyone see this thread in After Hours?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055860687

Funny thing is I actually know this girl... It's a horrible story but I'm sure there are 100's if not 1000's of people in the very same position. So so glad I'm not in the same position

• Advertisement

Did anyone see this thread in After Hours?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055860687

Funny thing is I actually know this girl... It's a horrible story but I'm sure there are 100's if not 1000's of people in the very same position. So so glad I'm not in the same position

i really have absolutely no sympathy for these people whatsoever. The sad fact of the matter is that a load of people made really bad investments because of their (distinctly Irish) obsession with property ownership.

Advertisement