Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Eddie Ere wrote: »

I'd agree except for the Thursday bit - an MDMA revival and work the next day don't work together!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

I'd agree except for the Thursday bit - an MDMA revival and work the next day don't work together!

Completely missed the Thursday bit. Gosh Darn it!

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Completely missed the Thursday bit. Gosh Darn it!

Can't understand how he is playing a Thursday night, tis a real shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Would be on for a night out towards the end of Junes, those sonics sound well worth checkin out

Doesn't look to be a whole lot on, heading into festival season I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Zascar wrote: »
    Did anyone see this thread on emi? Only a matter of days after the headshops are banned from selling meph, and the Irish market is now awash with proper mdma pills, the likes of which we have not seen in nearly 2 years. Oh the ironing!
    awash with actual mdma or just meph passed off as mdma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just home from D.I.M there in the Button Factory. His whole set was at least 3 years old. Was odd...Not sure how I feel about DJ's doing that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Actual MDMA. The Orange Sonics are apparently very good - expensive but worth it. I also saw pure MDMA like in brown sugar format.

Oooh its going to be a good summer for festivals, I can just feel it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Oh btw, if anyone knows of any work going I'd name my first born child after you - anything at all; city centre or southside for preference.

X amount of CVs and nothing back. I've experience in supermarkets, Vodafone, Ryder Cup, festivals, PA work, AV work, Conference Work, HAACP certified... I'm a uni student and jack of all trades but haven't even got a response this summer. Usually I'd be working two jobs at this stage...

Ah well, the DJing is getting a good look-in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Oh btw, if anyone knows of any work going I'd name my first born child after you - anything at all; city centre or southside for preference.

X amount of CVs and nothing back. I've experience in supermarkets, Vodafone, Ryder Cup, festivals, PA work, AV work, Conference Work, HAACP certified... I'm a uni student and jack of all trades but haven't even got a response this summer. Usually I'd be working two jobs at this stage...

Ah well, the DJing is getting a good look-in!
    Looking at your experience, I knew there was no point in me throwing CVs into places.. I've only ever had 2 jobs... your not as badly off as others.

Looking at your experience, I knew there was no point in me throwing CVs into places.. I've only ever had 2 jobs... your not as badly off as others.

Everyone I know from college outside of the Commerce end of the spectrum is either in London or is planning to go over.

On the flipside, apparently Google couldn't even find 100 suitably qualified programmers there for a posting in Dublin recently. Knowledge economy me arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

On the flipside, apparently Google couldn't even find 100 suitably qualified programmers there for a posting in Dublin recently. Knowledge economy me arse.
    Didn't hear about that, but from what I know about Google I'd believe it. They're very hard to get into in programming - I know of someone who was doing her Masters and trying to get a job there, was by all accounts pretty sh*t hot, got through to the 5th or 6th round of interviews but wasn't taken on.

Their hiring policy is a bit up it's arse though - they won't even look at your CV unless you've a degree. This is a bit silly for a programming job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

You did, fair play, sorry I wish I could have made it myself. Lets see if we can find a really good gig some time in the not too distant future that we can go to... Any suggestions?

Alex Niggemann(Supernature,8bit,BlaBla) @ DeepIntoTheBowelsOfHouse - Friday, June 25, 2010 at 10:00pm

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=132838093393584

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Excellent suggestion, just got a few of his tracks the other day

So who's game for it?

well if I'm in Dublin that weekend I'll definitely be headin to it.

I used to keep a diary in my teens the odd time, just found a couple of them from the early 90s and its funny reading back the sh1te that I put to paper at the end of some days (first person to say I still do it here gets banned :pac:)... below is from Friday the 7th of June 1991 which was when I was 14.
    I went out with [girl] about 4 months ago but only for a night because she couldn't kiss for sh1t and she was pretty boring but otherwise she is dead on

Oh to be young again...

I used to keep a diary in my teens the odd time, just found a couple of them from the early 90s and its funny reading back the sh1te that I put to paper at the end of some days (first person to say I still do it here gets banned :pac:)... below is from Friday the 7th of June 1991 which was when I was 14.

Oh to be young again...

"we want more! we want more!"

ianuss wrote: »
    "we want more! we want more!"

Ha, I'm fckin cringing reading this stuff to myself, let alone sharing anymore with the world!

Ha, I'm fckin cringing reading this stuff to myself, let alone sharing anymore with the world!

Was reading an article there recently in some vacuous supplement, apparently the ''Neo-Emo :rolleyes:'' in-vogue thing to do is to have parties where you all bring your teenage diaries along and read them...

God help them, they're gluttons for punishment in fairness.

Was reading an article there recently in some vacuous supplement, apparently the ''Neo-Emo :rolleyes:'' in-vogue thing to do is to have parties where you all bring your teenage diaries along and read them...

God help them, they're gluttons for punishment in fairness.

Surely it would be pretty fresh stuff in their case, what's the average emo age, 18 or so?

• Advertisement

This is an interesting piece from an old motivational speaker called Earl Nightingale... he has me convinced anyway.

'The Strangest Secret in the World'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

This is an interesting piece from an old motivational speaker called Earl Nightingale... he has me convinced anyway.

Nice find Scuba! That was very interesting indeed...a bit over-simplified though and would be more convincing if it were kept secular.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Reminds me of that book The Secret, I haven't read it meself but its weird cause i know few people who have and they're opinions are split 50-50 on it; like half say its great and the other half its aload of bollox.

The book kinda says that if you think about something enough and in a positive way you'll get it. I think meself its never a bad thing to be thinking positive about stuff but its a bit much to say thats all thats needed.

The Secret is whatever you want from it. If you are skeptical and think its rubbish then it will be just that. If you have an open mind and you use some of the techniques it can be very useful. The book & DVD do have plenty of wishy washy crap in it, and don't believe everything, but the basic concept is good - change the way you think about things and your attitude towards them, and you are more likely to get the things you want an be happy. I think Organised Religion tried to do the same thing really - it just makes a balls of the whole thing - but 'having faith' is a very similar concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

The Secret is whatever you want from it. If you are skeptical and think its rubbish then it will be just that. If you have an open mind and you use some of the techniques it can be very useful. The book & DVD do have plenty of wishy washy crap in it, and don't believe everything, but the basic concept is good - change the way you think about things and your attitude towards them, and you are more likely to get the things you want an be happy. I think Organised Religion tried to do the same thing really - it just makes a balls of the whole thing - but 'having faith' is a very similar concept.

Where there's a will there's a way & nothing ventured nothing gained are two sayings i personally feel couldnt be more true.

If you put your mind to it anything can be accomplished.....not just by thinking it will but by applying yourself postivley & being determined & having the drive to persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If you put your mind to it anything can be accomplished.....not just by thinking it will but by applying yourself postivley & being determined & having the drive to persist.
    I believe in that philosophy to an extent, but it can only work to a certain degree of practically.
    There’s no amount of positive thinking, determination, application or persistence that could allow me to win a gold medal in the 100m Sprint in the Olympics, Special Olympics maybe, but let’s not go there.

I think the real gain of a positive mental attitude is that if you’re positive enough about something you will actually make the effort to try and achieve it rather than sit about and do nothing about it. And sometimes just getting involved with something can be reward enough without having a shiny winners medal at the end of it.

Also, a positive mental attitude tends to protect you from any let downs or disappointments that you may encounter, in a glass half full kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I believe in that philosophy to an extent, but it can only work to a certain degree of practically.
    There’s no amount of positive thinking, determination, application or persistence that could allow me to win a gold medal in the 100m Sprint in the Olympics, Special Olympics maybe, but let’s not go there.

I think the real gain of a positive mental attitude is that if you’re positive enough about something you will actually make the effort to try and achieve it rather than sit about and do nothing about it. And sometimes just getting involved with something can be reward enough without having a shiny winners medal at the end of it.

Also, a positive mental attitude tends to protect you from any let downs or disappointments that you may encounter, in a glass half full kinda way.

Sorry maybe i got a bit ahead of my self with the end of the post you referenced.......your right of course somethings just wont be achievable & what you said above is where i was going with the two sayings,

You would be surprised at how much you can actually achieve once you have the will to do it (Where there's a will there's a way) but even when it doesnt always come together you wouldnt have gained any experience at all from simply saying it cant be done (nothing ventured nothing gained). In true optomist fashion i see trying & failing as a positive all the same as you learn how not to do something which can only be of benefit in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Would you?

Oh god I saw that on tv the other day. ffs Bear.

BTW useless piece of information. My mate met him a few weeks ago. His actual name is Edward. Edward > Eddie > Teddie > Ted > Teddy Bear > Bear - that's why he's called Bear Grills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

old gregg wrote: »
    Would you?
    Nah, he's not my type!

Advertisement