Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Zascar wrote: »
    Ok this is definitely the coolest dog ever. He can scratch/beatbox with his growl!

are you sure its not the guy out of shot just going bwah bwah bub bwah bwah whilst stopping to let the dog do that gasp sound.

oh i have a question.

who on here is part of that ****ing annoying band of eejits that updates there facebook with posts about what there doing.
    i have a couple of friends who do it regularly.i once made a post naming them all and telling them they were on the hide list for updating about ****e but the missus stopped me doing it because her friend we were going to visit that weekend and her husband were top of the list.

so who here does it and why.i dont mind having you as a friend but stop with those ****e updates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

What's with the huge draw towards fixed speed bicycles? Ive only a mountain bike, which ive had for 6 or 7 years so I know nothing about the fixed ones? They dont look to practical given that you cant change gear going up a hill or anything.
    I'll let electrogrimey give his opinion as I've never had one, but the main advantage as far as I can see is the lack of maintenance hassle not having gears. They're a lot less hassle all round, easier to clean and take care of, lighter. If you're only using it around the city, you don't really need gears. If you want to get up a hill - get out of the saddle!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

They are cool bikes lads. I used to be mad into mountain biking. Actually I got my username from the Bike I used to have, a "GT Zaskar" funnily enough! Loads of my mates have gotten =back into it and are going out buying several 2-3k bikes and all the gear etc - I hear there are some savage trails in the dublin/wicklow mountains these days.

Joker I feel your pain with that document, 10,000 words, holy crap. the Win7phone stuff does look intersting though! Fairly happy with my iphone though - cannot wait until the new one comes out - it's going to have HD video!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What's with the huge draw towards fixed speed bicycles? Ive only a mountain bike, which ive had for 6 or 7 years so I know nothing about the fixed ones? They dont look to practical given that you cant change gear going up a hill or anything.
    It's kinda like people who have been using traktor but decide to go back to vinyl
    :pac:

> runs for cover...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Yep, Joker basically explained it there. On my racer, I was rarely changing gears at all, because I was only going on short - 20 minute max - cycles, so the derailleurs and everything were just added weight and maintenance. Apart from the low maintenance and weight, it's also a much different, and IMHO a much nicer feeling to cycling. Because your legs are moving as the wheels move, you feel more like it's you cycling, not sitting on a bike that's moving.

• Advertisement

It's kinda like people who have been using traktor but decide to go back to vinyl

> runs for cover...

oh you say that now when JT's not around:D:D

seannash wrote: »
    oh i have a question.

who on here is part of that ****ing annoying band of eejits that updates there facebook with posts about what there doing.
    i have a couple of friends who do it regularly.i once made a post naming them all and telling them they were on the hide list for updating about ****e but the missus stopped me doing it because her friend we were going to visit that weekend and her husband were top of the list.

so who here does it and why.i dont mind having you as a friend but stop with those ****e updates
    What do you mean exactly Sean? I do update my facebook status but I try to make it interesting stuff or links/videos, I do find it annoying when people just post random bollox like "About to have lunch and then might have a snooze before I bla bla bla" - IGNORE :pac:

I do find twitter useful though - but then again my job requires approximately one hours worth of work per day at the moment which is why I'm on here talking crap so much

oh you say that now when JT's not around:D:D

heheheh also he's back tomorrow but I'm away and offline for the whole weekend.

Scuba knows to ban him again if he gives anyone any more lip! :D

> runs for cover...

Actually, that sounds about right! Vinyl is 'cool', fixies are 'cool', vinyl is a 'zen' thing, fixies are a 'zen' thing, vinyl are less complicated than digital, fixies are less complicated than geared...

Maybe if I switch to vinyl I can be completely 'at one with myself' :pac:

I do find twitter useful though - but then again my job requires approximately one hours worth of work per day at the moment which is why I'm on here talking crap so much
    Hear ya on that one as well. I should be doing more though at the moment, just a lack of motivation for document writing! :)
    I was in a job for a while (5 years), in a major financial instituation, writing back-end mainframe software, and my work was comfortably done between 1-2 hours per day, the rest of it was just faffing. No wonder the country is in the sh*t!

• Advertisement

What do you mean exactly Sean? I do update my facebook status but I try to make it interesting stuff or links/videos, I do find it annoying when people just post random bollox like "About to have lunch and then might have a snooze before I bla bla bla" - IGNORE :pac:

oh i wasnt talking bout you mate ha ha ha.

ill copy nd past some examples now

is feelin extreamly frustrated in the liabary!!! I find it hard enough to study with out people havin a full blown conversation about sweet fuk all and ur man beside me! " wanna breathe a bit louder there mate??????"

britain has the right idea with a hung parliament.... i think we should be hanging our government too.....(oh ill bet he thought this was hilarious)

May ur balls fester and stick 2 the lining of ur pockets.....

ok(what da **** is this suppose to be)

Alright I'm here!! What I miss?

GET BETTER..... GET BETTER, GET BETTER, GET BETTER.

weighing up the pros and cons.. so far bed is winning over going out tonight..

is looking forward to a busy weekend!!

there from my opening page on facebook.

and over the course of the day the same people will update me with stuff.

i just dont get it :D:D

Actually, that sounds about right! Vinyl is 'cool', fixies are 'cool', vinyl is a 'zen' thing, fixies are a 'zen' thing, vinyl are less complicated than digital, fixies are less complicated than geared...

Maybe if I switch to vinyl I can be completely 'at one with myself' :pac:
    ha ha - have to pull you up on one thing though - vinyl being less complicated than digital? No fecking way! Flight cases full of vinyl are in no way less complicated than a USB key

joker77 wrote: »
    Hear ya on that one as well. I should be doing more though at the moment, just a lack of motivation for document writing! :)
    I was in a job for a while (5 years), in a major financial instituation, writing back-end mainframe software, and my work was comfortably done between 1-2 hours per day, the rest of it was just faffing. No wonder the country is in the sh*t!

I actually spend so much time p1ssing about on the internet in work that I actually get bored of it. I really did not think that was even possible. When I go home I try to watch movies and series etc. I'm a download whore really.

Series wise, i like the usual scrubs, 2.5 men, big bang theory etc. Entourage is brilliant, like the mans version of sex in the city, but the best one I've seen recently is "Breaking Bad". It's got the dad from Malcolm in the middle in it - he's a high school chemistry teacher who gets terminal cancer and can't afford treatment, so he starts making Crystal Meth to make money for his treatment and family after he dies. He subsequently turns into a big drug kingpin. It's absofocukinglutely brilliant. Seriously I HIGHLY recommend you check it out. You can find series 1 and 2 online easy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad

+1 on Breaking Bad, myself and herself were looking for something to watch after Season 3 of Mad Men finished, and until Entourage starts again - Breaking Bad is filling that gap. Good length for each episode around the 40 minute mark (seriously wtf with Entourage and it's 22 mins!). Have caught up with the states though (midway through season 3), so every week I'm on looking for the latest Breaking Bad, Family Guy, South Park, and now The Ricky Gervais Show - seriously funny animated version of his podcast.

I know I'm opening myself up for slaggin here but there is a new series called "Cougar Town" starring Courtney Cox. I was suspicions at first but my female flatmate got me into it and honestly it's very very good.. It's kinda like Desperate Hosuewives but way way more suited to guys - some cool funny male characters and its just really really funny

This is a clip - but it kinda makes it look way more girlie than it is, its not its very good.

2.5 men,

ah dude,that has got to be one of the worst sitcom of all time.

its not funny at all.how many times can old charlie sheen turn a comment into a sexual inuendo.

No

i say No to 2.5 Men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 goodsur

I heard there was a liquidation fireplace sale in Baldoyle somewhere. Does anyone know the Location and Time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

at the risk of contributing to what could become a 'coming out thread' I have to say that I enjoy the show too. I reckon Courtney Cox still looks pretty good so it's a distraction either way.

Preferred Samantha Who but that did have Christina Applegate *sighs*

Samanth Who! Seriously??

2.5 men is brilliant. There is a little bit of Charlie is all of us... Kinda like 'The Todd' in scrubs lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

ah dude,that has got to be one of the worst sitcom of all time.

its not funny at all.how many times can old charlie sheen turn a comment into a sexual inuendo.

No

i say No to 2.5 Men
    I die a little inside when people laugh at that show

• Advertisement

Quite serious (and you know how serious I can be :p). I'd watch Christina Applegate in anything.

but for comedy on tv I give my #1 vote to The Inbetweeners. best show in years.

Samanth Who! Seriously??

2.5 men is brilliant. There is a little bit of Charlie is all of us... Kinda like 'The Todd' in scrubs lol

ah no man.everyone makes little sexual inuendo jokes now and then but thats all that charlie sheen gets to do for 30 minutes.

and the moronic son is just a mix of sheen's character and the other fella.

how is it the most popular sitcom in history(they claim it is)

have you ever laughed out loud(seemed weird to type that) whilst watching it

have you ever laughed out loud(seemed weird to type that) whilst watching it

All the time! However I admit to being easily amused, and I think Laughing is good for you. My flatmate regularly slags me cause when I'm in bed watching tv, she can hear me laughing from her room.

Ah each to their own I can see how some don't like it.

I hear the Inbetweeners is good but i took a quick look and say English schoolchildren and switched off.

Watched the first episode of "The Wire" last night seemed ok

There is a little bit of Charlie is all of us

the last time there was a little bit of charlie in me was years ago and I remember being very confident playing pool

Watched the first episode of "The Wire" last night seemed ok
    My god that show will suck you in. Say goodbye to the next free Saturday/Sunday you have - it'll be spent watching 13 episodes in a row!

If you like a laugh - watch the Ricky Gervais show. Seriously - I haven't laughed out loud that much in a long time. It's 10 episodes in so far, some of them are priceless. It's basically him and Stephen Merchant taking the absolute p*ss out of the 'round headed buffoon' that is Karl Pilkington

The best movie I've seen recently is Law Abiding Citizen - really great. For a ligh hearted comedy "She's outta my league" is worth a watch. I saw "The Blind Side" expecing it to be a crappy chick flick but it was actually very good. "Date night" is ok, wait for dvd.

I want to see KickAss and Hot Tub Time Machine but all I can get right now are crappy cam versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Kinda like 'The Todd' in scrubs lol

internet-high-five-place-hand-here-right-480x444.jpg

Seeing as there're a few tech heads on here, does anyone know anything about printers? Going to pick up a new one tomorrow, because our one had a breakdown. It's only for home use, mainly college essays, boarding passes etc, not that much usage, and I don't think I need colour...Bit of research says a monochrome laser is the best option for reliability and cheap ink? Would that be right? Also, where would have the best selection in town? PC World online only had a few.

Edit: Also, wireless would be great, as it's mainly laptops in the house. I suppose I could set up an airport express, but a wireless printer would be handier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Seeing as there're a few tech heads on here, does anyone know anything about printers? Going to pick up a new one tomorrow, because our one had a breakdown. It's only for home use, mainly college essays, boarding passes etc, not that much usage, and I don't think I need colour...Bit of research says a monochrome laser is the best option for reliability and cheap ink? Would that be right? Also, where would have the best selection in town? PC World online only had a few.

Edit: Also, wireless would be great, as it's mainly laptops in the house. I suppose I could set up an airport express, but a wireless printer would be handier.

I was in Harvey Norman (airside) a couple of days ago and they had printers on special offer for 29 and 59 euro...might be worth checking out!

Advertisement