Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

This is the stuff you want on a night clubbing
    http://www.ravenews.ca/en/read/2013/january/22/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Jaysus that's bad. One of my mates puked on some fellas back in the Red Box one night. He was very lucky not to get a few digs.

Justice was served though a few years later when some bird on a balcony in Spirit puked on his head. I nearly shat myself laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Been a while since the last boards pints - anyone fancy bit of Stroboscopic Artefacts Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Been a while since the last boards pints - anyone fancy bit of Stroboscopic Artefacts Saturday night?

By jove, a splendid idea. It would be a shame not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Be rude not too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah f@ck that! I was only supposed to be doing it as a favour for somebody. I'm not shelling out €40 for a needle just to record one record. I might try and use an old needle and see will that work. Wouldn't be too worried about damaging that needle, I'd be more concerned with damaging the record.

Is there any places that you could bring it for them to do it?

Just an update on this.

Managed to do it with an old Stanton needle. Tried to be all clever and record at 33rpm +6. The thinking being that I could double the speed to give me 78rpm. It actually worked.

But while doing it in Audacity I came across a nifty little setting in the program that allows you to set the actual recording rpm and then tell the program to pitch it up to the required rpm, i.e 33rpm to 45rpm, or in my case 45rpm to 78rpm. Thought it was more accurate to do it this way due to the Quartz Lock. Worked perfectly. :)

Update No.2

I managed to install Ubuntu on the Netbook (using it now)

I think t's only a temporary version though as I had a problem with the Partitioning, kept coming up as a fault. So it said it needs to be reinstalled (I think) Seems much faster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭francois

Update No.2

I think t's only a temporary version though as I had a problem with the Partitioning, kept coming up as a fault. So it said it needs to be reinstalled (I think) Seems much faster though.

Been messing with Linux Mint-lovely distro, nice interface and tailored to multimedia http://www.linuxmint.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Update No.2

Delete the partion when installing, give it the whole drive?

joker77 wrote: »
    Delete the partion when installing, give it the whole drive?

I'll probably end up doing that in the end. I didn't want to delete Windows just yet, so I installed Ubuntu alongside it. I think that's what the partitioning was for. It gave me an option to define the amount on each partition but it didn't say which was which. I just went 50gb on one and 100gb on the other, but tbh I was just copying the ratio that their install instructions was showing. I wouldn't allow me to do it though, and that's when it just started in a kinda Desktop Mode with a shortcut to install the program on the desktop, which I clicked and now it seems to work fine.

I might redo it all again later and just make Ubuntu the main OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Gonna make the jump to digital djing. Been using cds since I started 7 years ago but these days im doing about 3-4 gigs a week, sometimes as many as 6, and cds have become a pain in the arse with all the burning and skipped cds etc. Need to get a good laptop, any suggestions? I was thinking Macbook Pro, is that the way to go? Computers are far from my area of expertise so could do with suggestions!

Also gonna just get Rekordbox software to start off with as alot of my regular gigs have cdj 2000 nexus' there but would traktor be the way to go for doing gigs without nexus'?

Nice one lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Gonna make the jump to digital djing. Been using cds since I started 7 years ago but these days im doing about 3-4 gigs a week, sometimes as many as 6, and cds have become a pain in the arse with all the burning and skipped cds etc. Need to get a good laptop, any suggestions? I was thinking Macbook Pro, is that the way to go? Computers are far from my area of expertise so could do with suggestions!

Also gonna just get Rekordbox software to start off with as alot of my regular gigs have cdj 2000 nexus' there but would traktor be the way to go for doing gigs without nexus'?

Nice one lads
    Traktor yes, super piece of software

Am vinyl only myself for gigs, but enjoy messing round at home with traktor.

Hate macs. But most seem to go for them for ease of use and reliability

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Londons first vinyl library.On the face of it this looks like a pretty cool idea.

https://www.facebook.com/TheVinylLibrary?fref=ts

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Presume this is the same Executive Steve that posts in this forum

http://rabble.ie/2013/07/08/life-and-death-at-supermacs-door/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It is, yeah.

Not a style I'd have to listen to but Ha!

"16 different tracks of EDM drops mashed together into one to show just how generic that genre/trope has become."

https://soundcloud.com/daleri/epic-mashleg

Seen that yesterday and immediately thought of my dad telling me years ago how the music I was playing on my decks all sounded the exact same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That is awesomeness multiplied by 16!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ok I'm still in hiding trying to make best use of self employment and the final few cents that are left of redundancy... we have just completed our technology behind why we named our site blocbuy.com - that is to create 'blocs' or groups to achieve better prices on products and services. I'd love some feedback from folks here on the concept in terms of how it works, is the message clear, what products services would you like to see etc.

A good example for here could be a set of decent headphones or monitors - a group could form quite quickly to achieve a discounted price. Anyway, would love some thoughts and feedback - we are just starting to really try drive this out and vital that people understand it!

Oh you won't see deal prices as per the link below unless you are a member - this is due to scraping tech used by other sites to check pricing, in doing this we block them basically. I don't expect people here to sign up as you will get the idea without seeing the price... the example of the Fitbit below is a normal selling price of €99.99 but it will be €49.99 once ten members join the bloc.

Ta. :pac:

https://www.blocbuy.com/what_is_blocbuy
    https://www.blocbuy.com/567/product

Facebook support would be well received too!

https://www.facebook.com/bloc.buy

Sorry for self promoting and sht but for this to work it needs awareness, feedback and support!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody able to tell us what remix of mallorca the oul norman is playing at the very start of this video? Be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 resnatop

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody able to tell us what remix of mallorca the oul norman is playing at the very start of this video? Be greatly appreciated :)

I think it is Cyclone - Lord Of The Land (Main Mix).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

resnatop wrote: »
    I think it is Cyclone - Lord Of The Land (Main Mix).

Nice one man you're a gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 resnatop

Don't know if this is the right place, but I am looking for a few DJs to volunteer and help launch an internet radio station, feel free to PM or Apply at http://dymensionfm.eu/

Even one more will be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Seen this on broadsheet today. 18 years ago this month, £45 for 3 days with that lineup!

58adfb169d3710c4452319bfd800044e__20130817120203.jpg

I posted it up on Facebook earlier today. Incredible lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

fruiuty loops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭francois

I posted it up on Facebook earlier today. Incredible lineup.

I was at it-cracking gig, weather was great as well-Chemicals stole the show for me, blew the place apart with an amazing set and great light show-there were after parties in Sir Henry's as well which were well messy :D

It's a real who's who of electronic music, most of whom are still going strong. Fatboy Slim was even there under a different guise. Wasn't there myself but a few mates were. Nice of them not to still keep going on about it though. Ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I remember they showed some of it on RTE at the time. The Stone Roses at it was one of the worst things I ever heard. Absolutely dreadful

Advertisement