Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Auvers wrote: »
    just wondering what sort of pings are ye getting at the moment?

Well there's a question that can't be accurately answered!!

I suppose mostly its around 140-170 or so. But some evenings there a MASSIVE lag spikes where it will jump to 400+, sometimes over 800.

Some games over the past month or so have been completely unplayable. Your inputs are being performed a second or more after you've done them.

Makes missing targets, driving into walls etc a right PITA.

The sooner they move the server(s) back to Europe the better. Leave the yanks away over yonder to play with themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I suppose mostly its around 140-170 or so. But some evenings there a MASSIVE lag spikes where it will jump to 400+, sometimes over 800.

aye pretty much the same, altough there is talk of the EU server being switched back on this month

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I played a game two weeks ago where everyone was having huge lag spikes. My Stug was behaving like it was iceskating. Buildings/trees would fall over seconds before the stug reached them. Made for an interesting game but as tanks brewed up the lag lessened.

From about 7pm to 10pm seems to be the worst time for lag. Its more the amount of people affects the game rather than the servers being in the US.

I think the switch will be made when the [0.6/0.7] patch rolls out.

I think the switch will be made when the [0.6/0.7] patch rolls out.

sorry I meant to say early November, but hopefully its switched back on sooner rather than later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

since patch i have gotten bad lag on my 20 meg ntl.
    my brothers the same and hes in northern ireland and on bt 10 meg.

normally get about 120-150 depending on if im downloading on other pcs at home.

last night we actually stopped playing after a couple of laggy rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just signed up for this, looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

1250 iirc

It's 2500 i think.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    It's 2500 i think.

For a month, 1250 for a week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is this free to play or one of purchase, subscription or still in beta?

Looks interesting and might give it a whirl, me old fella would be mad into this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

TheDoc wrote: »

Looks interesting and might give it a whirl, me old fella would be mad into this

Will still be in beta for months yet and will still be free-to-play once released.

TheDoc wrote: »

To add to Ponster's reply, there will be the option of purchasing Gold to exchange for a Premium account and the ability to exchange experience earned from an 'Elite' tank to 'free experience' that can be used on any tank.

damn the lag is brutal tonight, its unplayable. I hope the EU servers go back online asap

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I discovered this game at the weekend, what a cracker! I didn't realise that the servers were in the US which explains my ping of 120ms. Despite that I still get owned by others, I manage to get 1 or 2 kills a round. I've only got a level 2 & 3 light tank.

If anyone wants to give me some hints and tips, I'd be a great help as sometimes I manage to start a game, get destroyed, exit, start another game and get my second tank destroyed all within the space of 5 minutes!

My gamer name is "Skittle"...

read back through the pages of this thread skittle, some good advice given out by some of the members playing longer than ourselves!

enjoy, its a great game.

ok, now to contradict my above post ;)

whats everyones hates / opinions on bugs in the beta?

1. terrain really needs to be sorted, especially at bottom of hills / mountains when your driving straight then suddenly bang, the terrain raises very slightly and your stuck. i actually died one day, i got stuck on the train tracks and couldnt move no matter what..cannon fodder?!

2. the balancing seems to be all over the shop, have come up against ferdinands in my marder ii... cannon fodder again?!!! imo tier 3 tanks should only fight against same tier, maybe one lower, and one higher.

3. pings will have to be a lot lower come release and more servers

4. the he ammo is a waste, since nobody wants to spend gold on it.

5. people dissapearing right in front of you "we've lost the target", only to reappear beside you and hit you

i know the games free and that rocks but they need to address some problems.

what bugs / problems have you had?

new update info if anyone didnt see it on official forums, due for release in early November and its already live on Russian server

November 2, 2010

v.0.5.5.1 - v.0.6.1.5 changelog:

General:
    - Added new tech-tree - American tanks. 22 tanks + 3 premium tanks. Also added American tank crews.
    - Added two new maps: "Monastery" and "Sandy River".
    - Removed "teleports" of tanks at great distances when aiming at them.
    - Introduced advanced video settings.
    - Now for the first battle of the day on each tank (24h) player will receive double experience.
    - Fixed crash to the garage with 0 experience and credits.
    - Fixed almost all cases when tank gets "stuck" in battle.

Balance of tank performance parameters and economy:
    - Cost of gold consumables reduced by 50%.
    - Increased effect of the following consumables "Chocolate", "Coca-Cola box", "Extra combat rations".
    - Increased shell dispersion for SPGs by 10%.
    - shell velocity decreased by 20% for all vehicles, including SPGs’ shells
    - Increased repair costs: Hummel (15%), Ferdinand (10%), JagdTiger (20%), SU-8 (5%), S-51 (20%), SU-152 (20%), ISU-152 (10%), T-43 (10%), IS (15%).
    - Reduce rate of ammo-rack burning for all tanks.
    - Improved fire extinguishers: manual fire extinguisher = +25% to firefighting abilities, automatic fire extinguisher = +50% to firefighting abilities
    - Added ability to pivot turn on a spot for tanks: Panther, VK3601H, Tiger, Tiger II.
    - Increased VK1602 gun’s angle of depression by 4 deg..
    - Increased tracks repair speed by 20% for VK1602.
    - Rebalanced Pz38t: maneuverability, cross-country ability, turret rotation, accuracy, and aiming speed adjusted.
    - Removed AP rounds from the default ammunition of 152mm gun BR-2.
    - Fixed rate of fire for the stock guns of SU-152 (decreased) and ISU-152 (increased).
    - Reduced traverse speed of SPG "Bison" by 3 deg/sec.
    - Increased traverse speed of SPG SU-5by 8 deg/sec.
    - Changes to Porsche_Deutz_Typ180_2 engine of the heavy tank 4502: increased horsepower to 840 h/p, switched to diesel, decreased chance of fire.
    - Added match-making limitation on participation in high tier battles for tanks Valentine and T1 heavy.
    - Minor balance fixes to tank performance parameters.

Damage models and game mechanics:
    - Fixed "ricochet" message when the damage is inflicted.
    - Set limitation on the distance of projectile movement inside the tank after the armor penetration. The limitation is set in order to reduce number of “was hit at the front and the engine got damaged”, etc.
    - Increased normalization effect when shell penetration value is twice as much as armor thickness value or more.
    - Fixed cases when projectile "disappears" after hitting the gun.
    - Reduced randomization in armor-penetration and damage from 30% to 25%.
    - Improved HE explosion: when exploding your HE on the static object near your tank, your tank will be damaged; when exploding your HE on the armor, the splash damage is distributed by the standard rules of splash damage.
    - Fixed repair kit when repairing fuel-tank.
    - Battle Hero "Steel Wall" is not awarded posthumously anymore.
    - Battle Hero "Sniper": the rule "no less than 10 shots, no less than 80% hits" replaced with "more than 10 shots, no less than 85% hits".
    - Fixed error with displaying reloading for guns with low rate of fire.
    - Fixed error with counting hits when shooting at destroyed tanks.

Match-Making System:
    - Balance-weight of tanks does not increase when in a platoon.
    - Removed influence of modules on the balance-weight of a tank.
    - Added one more battle tier for the high tier vehicles: HT 10,9,8,7; MT 8,7; SPG 5,6; TD 7,8,9.

Content:
    - Fixed several places where tank can get stuck on the maps "Himmelsdof", "Prokhorovka", "Lakeville", "Pagorki".
    - Fixed indestructible objects on the maps "Muranovka" and "Himmelsdorf".
    - Fixed crash states and models of some objects.
    - Added destruction of some objects.
    - Removed the dog yelping when driving over the dog houses.
    - Reduced size of textures of destroyed tanks.
    - Optimized tank models for display at long distances.
    - Tank Tiger I: redrawn tracks, fixed increased brightness of the 75mm in the second turret.
    - Fixed mantlet of 10.5cm guns on tanks VK3001H and VK3601H.
    - Fixed texture errors of the second turret of the VK3601H tank.
    - Fixed tracks model of Tiger II tank.
    - Fixed chassis model of SU-85B.
    - Fixed black tracks texture of the crash-state for "Marder II".
    - Fixed darkening of SU-5 guns at the far distance.

Interface:
    - Reworked platoon creation interface.
    - Fixed error when not able to leave pre-battle room by invite.
    - Fixed error with “non-rotational” destroyed vehicle in battle UI after the battle start.
    - Added 2 tips.
    - Marked non-demountable modules in the module list with "lock" icon.
    - Added additional cursors.
    - Simplified tanker's panel in the hangar. The addition information is now displayed when pointing at the tanker.
    - Redesigned screens "Barracks", "Depot", "Store" to fit the general style.
    - Now when pressing Esc while in "Barracks, "Depot", "Store", "Statistics", "Research", etc. you will exit into the hangar
    - Fixed minor errors with re-education of the tank crew.
    - Added tank description in the tank's info-window (so far only for soviet and german vehicles).
    - Added crew description in the tank's info-window.
    - You can now mark your tanks as prime/primary and it is displayed at the beginning of the garage tank scrolling selection lineup.
    - Players, which haven't loaded into the map yet, now displayed with "connecting" status.
    - When generating a new tank crew, they will always have different faces.
    - Added additional statuses to the team lists in battle: connected to the battle, connected and in battle, destroyed and in battle, destroyed and left the battle.
    - Added clarification on the cost of transfer of the free experience for the gold.
    - Few fixes for vehicle research window.
    - When buying consumables, it is possible to set amount of consumables to purchase.
    - Crew members in the hangar and in the tank window in the battle are always displayed in the same order.
    - Added tank control when holding down mouse wheel.
    - Added voice messages when crew members injured.
    - Fixed error: "When researching a module, the amount of free experience in the hangar header does not change".
    - Fixed several interface errors in training room and invites.
    - Added button "E" to disengage auto-aim.
    - Removed possibility of bringing up marker "Attacking" on a destroyed enemy.
    - Fixed display of several repair notification when pressing "Repair" button multiple times.
    - Fixed cases of erroneous display of win and defeat percentages.
    - Fixed texts on some interfaces.
    - Added the elite-tank marking in the tank list in the hangar.
    - Limit on display of number of medals increased from 99 to 999.
    - Added description of the current battle mode under the button "Battle!".
    - Fixed error with displaying medals/achievements counter.
    - For SPG: moving mouse when RMB is pressed allows separating camera from reticule.
    - Added button "Maximize" in the window mode. Added ability to change window size with a mouse.
    - Multiple minor interface fixes and improvements.

Miscellaneous:
    - Improved grass visualization - grass color fits better to the color of landscape.
    - Removed reticule fixation on some minor objects.
    - Reduced possibility of displaying movement of destroyed tanks.
    - Fixed tracks "jerking" effect when tracks moving.
    - Fixed error with SPG tracers splitting mid-flight.
    - Fixed sound of observation modules when they are being destroyed/repaired/damaged.
    - Removed unused modules from the Store.
    - Added new graphical post-effects.
    - Renamed executable file to WorldOfTanks.exe
    - Fixed error with displaying hanging sections of fences in some camera angles on different maps.
    - Added caching of some sounds in order to decrease “twitching” when driving over destructible objects

seems to fix most the problems i posted the other day!

update news from offical forums

Projected timeline for v.0.6.1.5 at this moment:

- November 11, the update will be available for downloading prior to server update

*edit* just reading that the patch size is approx 650mb

interesting, looking forward to seeing the us tanks.

deleted my luchs and deleted my leopard as i disliked both, being playing a good bit with the ausf a and panzer iii last night, almost have enough to jump up to my first med tank, pz iv

have the hetzer, which is the biggest pile of sh1te in the game, trying to play it to get my stug iii is a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the update now, has been quite some time since a significant update was applied.

lag is the worst yet tonight, unplayable

please switch on the EU server

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Does anyone have any invites for this?

Does anyone have any invites for this?

you can get a beta code here

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Update is tomorrow, the 11'th and it's got American tanks with it.

official torrent link for update

Upgrade v.0.5.5.1 to v.0.6.1.5

http://downloads.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/wot_61.58710_55.55163_client.patch.torrent

Installation guide

1. Download 0.6.1.5 update using the torrent link above
    2. Place the downloaded file into .../WorldOfTanks/Updates/ folder
    3. When the servers are updated, launch the game using WOTLauncher.exe and it will update the game client automatically

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm in the US and I average pings of 120-150 as well. I don't think it's a location issue.

I hate to say it, I'm kindof addicted. I have my gripes about some of the tactics (as a real tanker), but it's still fun enough to get me back. I'm just incredibly irked at the Leopards, the damned things are all but invulnerable... They must be powered by matter/anti-matter drives to haul that armour at that speed. I also wish the scouts would actually scout sensibly instead of just rushing to the opposing base in the first 60 seconds and dying in the next 60 seconds. Doesn't do anyone a lot of good.

Need a bigger gun on my SPG.... I wait ages for a counter-battery opportunity, then I just get a 'damage'.

NTM

I'm in the US and I average pings of 120-150 as well. I don't think it's a location issue.

I hate to say it, I'm kindof addicted. I have my gripes about some of the tactics (as a real tanker), but it's still fun enough to get me back. I'm just incredibly irked at the Leopards, the damned things are all but invulnerable... They must be powered by matter/anti-matter drives to haul that armour at that speed. I also wish the scouts would actually scout sensibly instead of just rushing to the opposing base in the first 60 seconds and dying in the next 60 seconds. Doesn't do anyone a lot of good.

Need a bigger gun on my SPG.... I wait ages for a counter-battery opportunity, then I just get a 'damage'.

NTM

lol the US is big, and if you're in San Jose as your profile says, you're about the same distance from the server as I am!! The server is located around New York somewhere I believe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Ah. Surprised there isn't a Silicon Valley server as well, even in Beta.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Damn internet swallowed a long post.

Basically got last and great potential (only sucks when you die straight away and have to sit out a 15 min battle). I'm totally clueless in regards to what I'm supposed to research and implement on my tank. I'm EXTREMELY clueless with what tank does what so I've no idea if I can potentially tackle an opponent or if I should be running screaming like a baby.

Is there a wiki with guides/tank types and suggested skill paths etc knocking about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement