Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Ponster wrote: »
    Any chance I can have your invite key / login ?

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

Get your own there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Been playing this most of week and it's good fun. It can be grind trying to get your tank upgraded so it can actually do some good. For a while the match making was messed up, a BT-7 (20mm armor at its thickest, 37mm gun) going up against IS-3s and King Tigers. They've thankfully sorted that out. I like the feature that allows your to leave the game once you've been knocked out, pick another one of your tanks and jump into another game, come back and see get the credits and XP from the previous game once it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

this game is great fun!
    signed up to the beta yesterday thanks to the key provided here, played for a good while yesterday, leveled up a few tanks and replaced a good few too, at first i was getting owned in my freebie valentine, but i sold that for 200k silver then and concentrated on working my way up.
    have to say, its really fun, cant wait for the full game release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Signed up to this today, and will give it a shot tonight. It's free, so what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

copeyhagen wrote: »
    this game is great fun!
    signed up to the beta yesterday thanks to the key provided here, played for a good while yesterday, leveled up a few tanks and replaced a good few too, at first i was getting owned in my freebie valentine, but i sold that for 200k silver then and concentrated on working my way up.
    have to say, its really fun, cant wait for the full game release.

I'm sure you mean gold!!

One I will state - using gold for a premium account is more beneficial in the long run than converting it to credits. Just something to bear in mind....

New patch should be out this month at some stage - brings the American tree and a host of new features.

Have a KV-3, T-43 (fully upgraded, 100% crew), Hummel (fully upgraded, 100% crew) & A-20 for scouting in my garage.

Having great fun with the game!

• Advertisement

I'm sure you mean gold!!

One I will state - using gold for a premium account is more beneficial in the long run than converting it to credits. Just something to bear in mind....

New patch should be out this month at some stage - brings the American tree and a host of new features.

Have a KV-3, T-43 (fully upgraded, 100% crew), Hummel (fully upgraded, 100% crew) & A-20 for scouting in my garage.

Having great fun with the game!

nope, 250,000 silver. it was a freebie tank i got with the beta, not sure if it was a limited time jobbie but i was the only one using it, for good reason, its sh1t and cant be upgraded i dont think.

bring on the yankies tree!!

is there a release date for this yet?

@Kiith - add me tonight if thats possible, username is copeyhagen

nope, 250,000 silver. it was a freebie tank i got with the beta, not sure if it was a limited time jobbie but i was the only one using it, for good reason, its sh1t and cant be upgraded i dont think.

bring on the yankies tree!!

is there a release date for this yet?

@Kiith - add me tonight if thats possible, username is copeyhagen

Ah sorry, credits. (there's no silver!)

Yeah the Valentine is pretty rubbish, but you got one free if you got your key via some site (think the same one posted above).

Release date hasn't been set yet, but should be by the end of this year - before x-mas I'd imagine.

I've been in it since the start of July.

Ah sorry, credits. (there's no silver!)

Yeah the Valentine is pretty rubbish, but you got one free if you got your key via some site (think the same one posted above).

Release date hasn't been set yet, but should be by the end of this year - before x-mas I'd imagine.

I've been in it since the start of July.

hehe credits sorry, just seen the gold then the silver coins underneath, just presumed they were meant to be gold / silver!

yeh, would be sweet if it was out before the cataclysm wow expansion, really dont wanna start playin that sh1te again.

yeh, i used the link in this thread for the beta key, that must be where ya get the free valentine. its handy for the 250k credits!

dyin to get home from work for a game haha.

reading up a few guides and tips and stuff, have only killed about 6 tanks so far, mostly with my upgraded t24, but i bought the 48 last night so that needs upgrading now.

wanna start investing in my td, think its called the AT or something, i just need more xp to get the first SU now.

add me if you can add people dublingunner!

hehe credits sorry, just seen the gold then the silver coins underneath, just presumed they were meant to be gold / silver!

yeh, would be sweet if it was out before the cataclysm wow expansion, really dont wanna start playin that sh1te again.

yeh, i used the link in this thread for the beta key, that must be where ya get the free valentine. its handy for the 250k credits!

dyin to get home from work for a game haha.

reading up a few guides and tips and stuff, have only killed about 6 tanks so far, mostly with my upgraded t24, but i bought the 48 last night so that needs upgrading now.

wanna start investing in my td, think its called the AT or something, i just need more xp to get the first SU now.

add me if you can add people dublingunner!

The 'buddy' system isn't sully implemented yet, but you can add 'contacts' alright, and you can then form a squad of up to 3 players to battle together.

I wouldn't be worrying about destroying other tanks yet - how the battles are organised, you're gonna be the bottom of the bottom in a lot of battles.

Go the Russian TD or SPG line - better than the German IMO.

I do have a Jagdpanzer IV also (forgot about that one above lol) which is good, and the top tier German TD's aren't bad.

Keep going down the Russian Heavy line also - you won't be disappointed. Keep to the play style of the tank you're playing. i.e don't try to be a heavy / medium if you're a light scout.

yeh thats similar to advice i was finding online, cheers.

nothing better than immobilising a fixed turred td from behind and just sit there picking him off!!

gonna go heavy tank and td routes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nehaxak. I thank you for the link though my wife rightly believes that I now spend more time shouting at tanks then taking care of her :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Didnt like this game at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Dcully wrote: »
    Didnt like this game at all.

what tanks did you play with?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I downloaded it last night....but it was in russian. Will download it from the official site tonight, though it was very slow.

i downloaded using the torrent link on the official site and utorrent, 1.2 gig, took about 15 mins.

try downloading the english language pack update from the official site.

got 4 kills last night in the one round with my fully kitted out trakktor, couldnt believe it.

was playing online with my brother, couldnt get the option to make a squad, so we were both hitting battle at same time, worked every time though ;)

was playing online with my brother, couldnt get the option to make a squad, so we were both hitting battle at same time, worked every time though ;)

Good to know. I read that the game will be free to play but creating friends/platoons in order to play on the same server will cost €€€

BTW, this will be with the clan system will look like...

clan_wars_sketch.jpg

yeh i read that too about having to play to use that feature, maybe it will be different come release.

and will clans have to pay to create a clan?

wouldnt mind paying a once off fee or somethin, but not gonna get stuck in another rut like in world of warcraft!! paying a monthly subscription

wouldnt mind paying a once off fee or somethin, but not gonna get stuck in another rut like in world of warcraft!! paying a monthly subscription

The game is playyed to be a MMO so I imagine that you'll have to pay a monthly fee to take opart in clan matches. There isn't expected to be a once-off fee.

The game is playyed to be a MMO so I imagine that you'll have to pay a monthly fee to take opart in clan matches. There isn't expected to be a once-off fee.

From the model that they've been talking about - there has never been a mention of any 'monthly fee'.

However, you may need to have a 'premium' account to play in clan matches, or at least some of your clan will need to have premium accounts.

Premium can be bought monthly upon release for about €10~, so this can be viewed as kind of a monthly fee I suppose.

You will also be able to purchase Gold.

**edit

BTW - where did you get the clan screen shot from?

• Advertisement

meh, they should have a system to allow 2 or 3 people to play together using the buddy system without the need to pay for premiums, then for anything over, say, 5 people, that should be classed as a clan and premium account required.

wanna play with my brother without the need to hit battle together simultanously

wanna play with my brother without the need to hit battle together simultanously

you can do this already, all you have to do is become platoon leader and then invite your brother to join your platoon but just make sure the invitee starts first and platoon leader second

Auvers wrote: »
    you can do this already, all you have to do is become platoon leader and then invite your brother to join your platoon but just make sure the invitee starts first and platoon leader second

Platoon leader must be premium - that's his point.

Platoon leader must be premium - that's his point.

oh right I still have ****loads of gold after the wipe which I have only spent on a premium account so I never realised :o

**edit

BTW - where did you get the clan screen shot from?

From this thread :

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/12793-what-we-know-about-clan-wars/

Krieg wrote: »
    Aye thats it!
    There I am trodding along in my tank happy out, when out of f***ing no where, 3 tanks suddenly appear in front of me 500m away.

Isn't that a feature though? Each tank has it's own view distance so they will just seem to appear out of nowhere once they're within range.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Isn't that a feature though? Each tank has it's own view distance so they will just seem to appear out of nowhere once they're within range.

if they came out from behind cover and were going quickly and he was moving quickly too then it can happen, hilariously happened to me the other day I was driving through a town in my Panzer III and a BT-7 was coming the opposite way, both really fast tanks like 70kph, neither of us spotted each other until it was too late and we ploughed head on into each other at about 60kmph and both exploded, I couldnt stop laughing at it, we both registered a kill each too (we killed each other)

But its common for that to happen in the very fast tanks.

Is this related to what the refer to as 'warping' on the WoT forums? When you can see a tank, then it disappears only to reappear again seconds later?

Either way I'm loking my little TD and am getting 2+ hours in most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Sounds like it. It was bad last night with the lag .. tanks were teleporting all round the place in one or two games I played.

• Advertisement

Yep, lots of lag last night. I don't know if it's better/worse since they released the latest patch (which I'm happy with 'cos it fixed the repair time bug of my Stug III)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement