Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Not entirely sure I understand the point. I never have any difficulty identifying what I'm shooting at, or what is still 'in play'.

NTM

I was fine after a few weeks but once the US tanks were added I have to learn all the tanks to see if there's any point in breaking cover to hit something. When you're a tier 3 and a tier 7 is coming from you it helps to know without having to learn off all the different tech trees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Ponster wrote: »
    I was fine after a few weeks but once the US tanks were added I have to learn all the tanks to see if there's any point in breaking cover to hit something. When you're a tier 3 and a tier 7 is coming from you it helps to know without having to learn off all the different tech trees.

OK, I guess that makes sense. I forget, sometimes, that not everyone playing the game has the encyclopaediacal knowledge of tanks that I have and can automatically associate name with description. (It helps that I've seen the 'real versions' of almost every US tank in the game except M1 Heavy and T1 Light)

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

See it's fine for you but for the likes of me I'll quite happily fire at an IS whilst in my.... BT2.

I still struggle with the normal multiplayer mentality of shooting anything within range....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I hate IS series 3 out of 5 matches I die to an IS, all you can do unless you have like 200 penetration is sit back at range and keep whacking it with HE to knock out its crew and damage its subsystems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

just looking at the newsletter on the offical forums

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/17959-wot-newsletter-first-edition/

some great news the EU servers will be back in early/mid December and there will be a softwipe also, a couple of new maps and tanks (US, German, and Russian Tier 9 Mediums) also a much needed buff to the light tanks after 0.6.1.5, Clan formation with up to a 100 members

they are also working on a fix for the Detection and Hiding system

"With the latest patch 0.6.1.5 The improved game engine came online. This improvement once and for all killed the "Warping Issue" Currently the Detection and Hiding system is not performing as intended. Correcting the issues with the Detection and Spotting system is the biggest issue the Devs are fighting right now. Testing of some solutions for this problem are in internal testing and hopefully if it goes well we will see them soon!"

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    there will be a softwipe also,

Oh, heck. I might as well stop playing until then, all my grinding will be useless!!!

[Edit.. Actually, maybe not. Looking at the definition of 'softwipe']

NTM

Oh, heck. I might as well stop playing until then, all my grinding will be useless!!!

NTM

no dont worry all your earned exp up to the softwipe you will get back in free exp and money for all equipment\tanks in your garage, and I think everyone also got 3000 gold on the last soft wipe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cant wait for the softwipe!

gonna go the ussr tree for tanks, should be up to IS, and german for tds maybe, if i can bypass the hetzer only!!

or might try the US tree.

not fair that both the ussr and us get a heavy tank at t5, whereas the german get their first heavy at t7, and the pz iv and vk3601h havent got a patch on their rival tiers equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well I'll have an absolute TONNE of XP when the softwipe comes :)

Can't wait.

not fair that both the ussr and us get a heavy tank at t5, whereas the german get their first heavy at t7, and the pz iv and vk3601h havent got a patch on their rival tiers equivalent

If you're willing to spend the gold, the Char B1 Bis is a low-ish tier German heavy, which is all but invulnerable to equal-tiered opposition. However, when it is placed in higher-tiered matches, that's another matter.

NTM

• Advertisement

If you're willing to spend the gold, the Char B1 Bis is a low-ish tier German heavy, which is all but invulnerable to equal-tiered opposition. However, when it is placed in higher-tiered matches, that's another matter.

NTM

I'd also like to add that German low tier mediums are quite powerful tanks.

The VK3601 with the short 88mm can really deal some damage, and its a very manoeuvrable tank.

The VK 3001H is also a very good tank, like a mini Tiger.

If you look at low tier heavy's from Russia and US (KV & T1) I'd much rather a VK TBH.

i have the vk3601 with the 88 and its decent alright, but its tier vi

the russian equivalent is actually the kv-3, not the kv.

dont try to tell me you would rather the vk over the kv-3!!

and the engine upgrade for the vk is 23000 xp.

i mean come on, its 45k xp for the tiger, who in their right mind is gonna spend 23k xp on the engine when all u wanna do for msot people is upgrade to the tiger asap.

the vk is a pure grind fest. its fun alright, but its underpowered / armoured compared to the kv3 and the us alternative

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmmm,

To be honest, I don't see myself changing anything really. I'm so used to playing TD that the thought of a mobile turret seems bizarre now :)

I may aim straight for the JagdTiger.

Great news :)

New match making system has been introduced earlier today.

Match-making system changes:

* fixed SPG team balance;
    * added limitations on the number of SPGs in battle;
    * new time-out balance (when waiting in line for battle time exceeds 5 minutes): tier restrictions added
    * 10% weight increase for tanks that are a part of platoon

You should post the links to the relevent info

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/9934-new-match-making-system/

Also, this was introduced ages ago....

Also, this was introduced ages ago....

damn just got a bit over excited, only saw the date ;(
    You should post the links to the relevent infoAlso

I only post this info as quotes from the offical site because some users are behind a proxy in work and cant access the WOT site, so I will continue to do so until a mod tells me otherwise

have seen games with 5 spgs lately so im guessin the limit is 5. should be 3 imo.

parked up my 3601h last week (had a 5 day account ban anyways for tk) went and started going through the russian tanks and got the kv last night.

most fun i have had in the game, especially when im the only heavy tank on my team (although the entire other team tries to take you out).

got loads of kills, upgraded sus, got the minivan sized turret, engine and tonight hopefully will get the 107?mm gun.

loads of fun though, but once you start upgrading it seems most the games are against heavy tier7/8/9 tanks. before i upgraded enarly every game was against lowbies...ggrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

The battleship cannon is fun, the 2 rounds per minute rate of fire less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I'm playing Tier 2 US arty a lot and I frequently see 6-7 arty per side. Games usually end with my arty scouting for who ever remains on our team. The arty balance works better on higher tiers since the high tier arty is less fun to play so theres less people playing arty to choose from.

The 10% weight on platoons was removed in the last patch because it meant platoons of PanzerIII's and such ended up against tanks they couldn't damage.

Use the upgraded KV like a medium and support the true heavies ie hide behind them :D

• Advertisement

haha nah the ship gun isnt an option, the 107mm is a rof of 7 per min i think.

has great armp and dmg though!

one shotting mediums is legend

The arty balance works better on higher tiers since the high tier arty is less fun to play so theres less people playing arty to choose from

I don't know about that. I'm rather enjoying my Hummel. For starters, the opposition tends to be slow enough in the high tier games that it's actually possible to hit something. It also seems to be getting me a profit of 20-30k a game in credits, as long as I don't die too early.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Interesting fact: the soviet union developed in the 50's a 1 kiloton nuclear warhead that was capable of being fired from the 152mm gun used on the KV

Gneez wrote: »
    Interesting fact: the soviet union developed in the 50's a 1 kiloton nuclear warhead that was capable of being fired from the 152mm gun used on the KV

how much xp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

That would make for short games I think :)

beta 0.6.2.4 update preliminary information

Main:
    - Added new maps: "Ruinberg" and "El Halluf".
    - Added new battle mode: the "Tank Company Battle". A company of tanks with sum of tiers from 60 to 90 will get into a company waiting list where it will be randomly assign an opposing company.
    - Added voice chat based on the Vivox technology. It works only for platoons in random battle, for companies in tank company battles and for training battle. The feature is still in testing hence is implemented with minimal settings.
    - Added achievements: "Reaper", "Invincible", "Survivor", "Raider", "Master Gunner", "Kamikaze",
    - Added medals: Kolobanov's medal, Billotte's medal, Fadin's medal, Wittmann's medal, Orlik's medal, Oskin's medal, Halonen's medal, Burda's medal.
    - Added full dynamic shadows. The option is located in settings "Enhanced shadows". The shadows are in the testing mode so there is a possibility of artifacts.
    - Added new interface for repair and resupply of consumables - "Service": added possibility to automatically replenish consumables and to repair the tank after coming out of the battle, possibility to quickly replenish consumables, ability to change the sequence of shells.
    - Added controls settings in the game settings.

Gameplay:
    - The doubled experience for the first battle (in a day) on each tank now is given not for the first battle, but for the first victory on the tank..
    - Training battle does not count as the first battle anymore for the purposes of the doubled experience.
    - The chance of hitting an inner module (except gun) increased from 33% to 50%.
    - Removed possibility when any HE that explodes near a tank to damage internal modules, except crew members.
    - The damage to inner modules from an HE that exploded on the tank armor is reduced by 50%, exception - crew members.
    - Change experience transfer from a group of tanks. The experience from all tanks is collected so all tanks left with zero experience and then it is transferred. The remaining under 25 experience is placed on the last tank on the list.
    - "Scout" is now awarded only if the team won.
    - "Sniper" is now awarded if during the battle there was no friendly damage.
    - The top tanks in the battle roster are now balanced not by the level but by the match-making "value", which considers type of the tank.
    - The coefficient of heavy tanks for the match-making calculations is increased from 1.3 to 1.45.
    - Reworked tank distribution tiers in battles.
    - Fixed ability of lifting fallen trees with tank.
    - Removed possibility of driving beyond the edge of the map during lag spikes.
    - Fixed tank spawns considering type of the tank (SPG in Malinovka, etc.).

System:
    - Fixed FPS drops during rendering of track prints.
    - Fixed lags when destroying objects.
    - Improved auto-configuration of graphic settings.
    - Experimental feature. Limited speed of rendering in the loading screen, this should improve loading time for slow computers.
    - Added some optimizations which suppose to end single sharp falls and dips in FPS.

Content:
    - Multiple fixes of tanks' models and textures.
    - Set a normal speed of track rotation on all tanks.
    - Reworked and added destruction of some objects.
    - Fixed some spots on the maps where tanks would get stuck or couldn't pass.
    - Modified base flagpoles and flag animation.
    - Added removal of rendering for some small objects at long distances.
    - Reworked shot sounds of some guns.

Interface:
    - Changed system notifications in the hangar.
    - Fixed changing music volume level which worked only for battles.
    - Multiple small interface changes.
    - Added hints-tooltips on interface elements in hangar.
    - Fixed purchasing a tank with a slot in hangar without warning.
    - Fixed bug with filter "Location" in barracks switches by itself.
    - Fixed invite notification, if the player is in the battle at that moment.
    - Added display of User Agreement after the client launch.
    - Added turning on/off of "after death" post-effect in settings.
    - Removed ability to lower camera beneath the water level.
    - Now after purchasing premium, hangar immediately updates to premium.
    - Fixed UI bug when researching several vehicles and/or modules in a row using free experience

List of tank specs changes:

Germany:

Gun 75mm_KwK_40_L43: dispersion 0.41->0.4.
    Gun 75mm_StuK_40_L43: dispersion 0.39->0.38.
    Gun 75mm_KwK_40_L48: dispersion 0.4->0.39.
    Gun 75mm_PaK_39_L48: dispersion 0.38->0.37.
    Gun 75mm_PaK_40: dispersion 0.38->0.37.
    Gun 128mm_PaK44_L61: reduced visibility after firing, +20 damage to all shells.
    Gun 128mm_PaK44_L55: reduced visibility after firing.

PzII Luchs: reduced visibility during movement.
    VK 1602: reduced visibility during movement.
    PzIII: reduced visibility during movement, dispersion reduced by 5% during movement and traverse.
    Pz III/IV: by 5% improved pass-ability on medium grounds, dispersion reduced by 8% during movement and traverse.
    Pz V-IV: chassis rotation is matched with Panther's.
    Tiger II: mantlet armor for top turret 65->100.
    JagdTiger: 128mm_PaK44_L55 reload (in seconds) 10.4 ->10.36, 128mm_PaK44_2_L61 reload (in seconds) 10.6->10.5.
    VK 4502: mantlet armor for stock turret 120->160, mantlet armor for top turret 120->180.

USA:

Gun 37mm_M-6_L53: price in credits 8350->2500.
    Gun QF_6_pounder_Mk_III: penetration: AP 89->110, APCR 145->180, accuracy 0.4->0.38.
    Gun 75mm_Gun_M3_L37: dispersion 0.38->0.4.
    Gun 75mm_Gun_M2_L28: dispersion 0.39->0.41.
    Gun 76mm_Gun_M1A1: reload (in seconds) 3.2->2.85, dispersion 0.37->0.38.
    Gun 76mm_Gun_M1A2: dispersion 0.34->0.35.
    Gun 90mm_Gun_T15E2M2: dispersion 0.33->0.32, reduced dispersion during turret traverse.
    Gun 105mm_Howitzer_M2A: reduced aiming time by 15%.
    Gun 105mm_Howitzer_M4: reduced aiming time by 15%, HEAT penetration 60->53.
    Gun 120mm_Gun_T53: aiming 3.0->2.4, reduced dispersion during turret traverse.
    Gun 155mm_Gun_T7: aiming 3.0->2.7, significantly reduced dispersion during turret traverse.

Engine Wright_G200_m_781C9GC1 level 8->7, price in credits 72380->47600, chance of fire 0.2->0.25.

T29, Т32, Т34, Т30: fixed error with discrepancy between displayed and actual hull armor. Actual armor decreased by 20%.
    M6, T1: reduced experience cost Wright_G200_m_781C9GC1 19800->10900.
    Т-57: pass-ability reduced by 10%, reduced traverse speed by 2 degree/sec, decreased accuracy during movement and turning by 3%.
    Т2 lt: reduced repair cost by 30%, increased ammunition capacity of 20mm gun.
    M7 Priest: 105mm_Howitzer_M - reloading time decreased 13.95->11.76 (in seconds).
    RamII: reduced repair cost by 20%.
    Т14: reduced repair price by 5%.
    T29: increased visibility of the tank, by 5% increased influence of movement and traversing on accuracy, 105mm_Gun_T5E1 - reloading (in seconds) 9.5->10, by 10% reduced speed of traverse for top turret, fixed display of frontal armor for both turrets, changed guns ammunition.
    Т32: by 5% reduced pass-ability on medium grounds, by 8% decreased accuracy during movement and traverse, by 6 deg/sec reduced traverse speed of first tracks, by 2 deg/secк - of second, 105mm_Gun_T5E1 reload (in seconds) 9.38->9.4, changed guns ammunition.
    Т34: changed guns ammunition.
    Т30: changed guns ammunition.

USSR:

Engine V-2-54: increased horsepower by 20 h.p.
    Gun QF_6_pounder_Mk_III: AP penetration 89->110, APCR penetration 145->180.
    Gun 76mm_S-54: dispersion 0.4->0.36.
    Gun 76mm_S-54_S: dispersion 0.37->0.34.

А-20: decreased visibility during motion and rest, improved pass-ability of top tracks on medium and hard grounds.
    А-32: decreased visibility during motion and rest.
    BT-2: decreased visibility during motion, by 6% reduced influence of movement and traverse on accuracy.
    BT-7: reduced visibility during motion and rest, improved pass-ability on medium grounds, by 4% decreased dispersion during movement and traverse, view range for top turret increased by 15 meters.
    Т-26: reduced visibility in motion.
    Т-34-85: by 20% improved pass-ability on medium and good grounds.
    Т-43: by 9% decreased influence of movement and traverse on accuracy.
    Т-44: by 5% decreased influence of movement and traverse on accuracy, by 25% increased durability of tracks.
    IS-4: armor: hull-upper plate 120->140, driver's lug 120->160, rear-upper plate 120->100.

Thats fairly chunky for a 'monior' update.

Voice comms, new shadows, new battle mode, consumable change, control settings & achievments / medals should surely have given it a higher version number?

no soft wipe?!

f**k sake.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    no soft wipe?!

f**k sake.

The softwipe is dependent on the restart of EU servers, not on this particular update

a quote from one of the developers Overlord

• Advertisement

ah ok, cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement