Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sammy_G

I want them to make a movie out of the old Arkham Asylum comic! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

krudler wrote: »
    I like how Nolan casts actors instead of megastars to play people in the Batman universe, its funny now how people are complaining nobody will live up to Ledger's portayal of the Joker, you wouldnt know it from this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054969721&highlight=heath+ledger+joker

I love post #28 in that thread. I was so right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Wacker wrote: »
    I love post #28 in that thread. I was so right!

Well not completely right but a good shout none the less. :)

Going on the two previous film's there will be two 'baddies', I'd love to see Bane physically destroy Batman in the opening of the movie to everyone (except Gordon's) pleasure as they all think Batman is a cop killer. Then a character like Hush to be attacking both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

A real case of 'what doesn't kill you make your stronger'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sammy_G wrote: »
    I want them to make a movie out of the old Arkham Asylum comic! :(

It's undoubtedly one of the better GNs out there but I'm not sure you could get a two hour + movie out of it. That could go for any GN really though, there are very few stories out there that could be stretched to two hours. The Dark Knight Returns is the only one I could think off of the top of my head that could work as a standalone film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i would prefer if the joker wasnt in this film no one can pull if off as ledger's performance was sheer brillant

i could see maybe the rock as bane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Christian Slater would be brilliant as the Joker, he has that sly looking head on him, and his voice would be perfect. Dare I say it, but i think he could be as good or even better than Ledger.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Kevin Spacey as Calendar Man nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

MJ23 wrote: »
    Christian Slater would be brilliant as the Joker, he has that sly looking head on him, and his voice would be perfect. Dare I say it, but i think he could be as good or even better than Ledger.
    Dear God no! The reason Ledger worked so great was he was fantastic actor. Slater is anything but.

sprinkles wrote: »
    Dear God no! The reason Ledger worked so great was he was fantastic actor. Slater is anything but.

Slater is actually quite a capeable actor who has turned in some exceptional performacnces. Like Ledger his career is littered with mainstream fluff alongside some indie and hard hitting dramas which really show what a capeable actor he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

So long as there's no Robin, Catwoman, Poison Ivy or Bane (he'd be too predictable all he does is grunt and kick the **** out of people).
    There was a thread here about Neil Patrick Harris as the Riddler. Maybe Riddler could team up with Scarecrow, as Murphy doesnt know yet if he's in it or not. If they cause enough mayhem in Gotham, Batman might have his name taken off the wanted list, and be let loose on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Robin won't be in this film - Bale once side he'd chain himself to a radiator and not go to work if he was brought in. Nolan also said that Robin is in a cradle somewhere.

Catwoman is likely considering the love interest is dead but I doubt they'd want to go down that route as she was covered in Batman Returns and the disaster that was Halle Berry's Catwoman.

The Riddler is possible

The Penguin isn't going to be picked as Nolan has said he's too out-there to have in his Batman universe

Two-Face is dead according to Aaron and Nolan but considering what happened to Ledger it's possible they bring him back.

I read an interview (From CHUD, maybe?) from a guy who was at the Inception set, he said he still saw sets from Batman Begins like Arkham Asylum up.............soooo The Joker might not be ignored. All the actors, especially Cillian Murphy, told the interviewer not to ask questions about the Batman film as that was a big no-no around the set.

Anywho, I'm banking on one of the more realistic villians who hasn't appeared in any of the Batman films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I want:

Angelina Jolie as cat woman

and

Scarlet Johanson as Poison Ivy

Oh yeah.

I want:

and

Oh yeah.

Lezzing out in an extensive scene in IMAX and, you sir, have my ass in a seat.....................with some tissues............*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I want:

and

Oh yeah.

Hmmmmm, as much as I would like to see the 2 of them in the tight leather outfits, I think they would be a big no no for this. Well Scarlett Johannson would maybe fit in with Nolans take on Gotham, but I think Angie would be too comicy for the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I'd actually get Brad Pitt as the riddle or penquin.

We all know how much he wants an oscar, could inspire him to a great performance.

Here's a list of Villains I would like to see i nthe new movie and who I think could play them. Now I'm not saying I want them all in the one movie :P, just if 1 or 2 were picked from this bunch.

The Riddler: Well I would say let Jim Carrey reprise this role. Afterall he was pretty good at it in Batman Forever. And I reckon he could pull it off in a more serious role. If not Jim, then possibly Ralph Fiennes.

Harley Quinn: I guess she would only work if The joker was involved somehow. Maybe Joker could be pulling her strings from Arkham Asylum. My first choice for this would be Michelle Williams, after seeing Shutter Island I think she would do a great job. Christina Ricci would also be a good bet.

Killer Croc: Now I know a lot of people would disagree with him being in Nolans movie, but it doesn't necessarily have to an actual monster. How about he is a pro-wrestler who has spent years tattooing his body with croc scales and wears creepy contacts and has sharp nails and sculpted teeth. It may sound ok for the likes of Spiderman movies, but I think with some reimaginign and thought it would work. I don't know who could play him though, a buffed up Ben Kingsley maybe :confused:

Victor Zsaz: Now this is a character I think is certain to appear in the future Batman movies. He is a screwed up serial killer who cuts himself with a knife everytime he kills someone. Jackie Earl Haley would fit this role perfectly methinks.

Catwoman: I don't think Catwoman will appear in Bats 3, but possibly her real persona Selina Kyle will show up to lead onto Batman 4 maybe. If this is the case, I would like to see Gemma Arterton or Thandie Newton cast here.

The Penguin: Finally, one of Batman's most famous foes. This is a tough one. I would think they would have to reimagine the look of the Penguin a bit for it to work here. I read somewhere that William Fichtner could be a possibiltiy here as the article said he was too big an actor to have just that one scene in the bank robbery in TDK. It went onto say that as he was in charge of the mob bank that he relates to the character and that he was shot in the leg could lead to The Penguins waddle. These are interesting points but i dont know if it'd work Don't get me wrong, he is a great actor but if he was picked for the role it would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I would love to see Harley Quinn, even if only get her in that suit, so that more women dress up that way here in Derry at halloween :D

Yeah though, if they keep the joker inside, she could easily work as his hands outside.

Lets stay away from a Batman love interest though.....please.....you don't have to have a love interest to make a batman movie....or nipples on the suit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't think we'd be getting Harley's traditional suit if she was to grace a Nolan made Batman film. I think you'd be getting a grungy look, similar to Heath's Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Victor Zsaz: Now this is a character I think is certain to appear in the future Batman movies. He is a screwed up serial killer who cuts himself with a knife everytime he kills someone. Jackie Earl Haley would fit this role perfectly methinks.

He's in Batman Begins, Crane is defending him in the first scene we see him in, and hes among the prisoners who get out of Arkham later on, would be cool to give him a bigger role though

He's in Batman Begins, Crane is defending him in the first scene we see him in, and hes among the prisoners who get out of Arkham later on, would be cool to give him a bigger role though

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. Havent seen BB in ages. But it would be cool to see him in his serial killer - slasher mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd be surprised if William Fichtner isnt used as a villian, he certainly had a chip on his shoulder about criminal's honour and the gas canister put into his mouth could have been anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I think William Fichner would be a great villian. He's so creepy in everything he does. Check him out in something like "Go" to see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

William Fichtner as The Riddler? interesting...

He worked for a bank so you could easily tie it in that it was some sort of subsidiary of Wayne enterprises (I think he mentions its a mob bank in TDK though) so that'd tie in the disgruntled Wayne employee, wasnt there a reference to the Riddler with the pissed off guy who tries to sell out Bruce as Batman? his name was Coleman Reese...Mister Reese=mysteries? Like Edward Nygma was e.nygma in Forever.

They could go down the Catwoman route, but without the posessed brought back to life by moggy bites ala Returns nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

My wish-list...

Main villain: Black Mask

And in minor roles: Hugo Strange (working with the PD to capture Batman but has his own ulterior motive obviously)
    + Scarecrow in another small role again

----

But saying all that, a truly deranged Riddler would be a really good fit with Christopher Nolan who likes his smoke and mirrors in his films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

i think they should use younger more interesting actors than brad pitt, johnny depp, etc.

i'd love to see sam rockwell in it. or javier bardem.

i'd love to see sam rockwell in it. or javier bardem.

Now that you mention it, I think Sam Rockwell would make a ver ygood Riddler. The guy can act. His roles in The Green Mile and Moon could be used to compare him to a derranged phsycotic Riddler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

Now that you mention it, I think Sam Rockwell would make a ver ygood Riddler. The guy can act. His roles in The Green Mile and Moon could be used to compare him to a derranged phsycotic Riddler.

Definitely!
    I saw him in Iron Man 2 tonight and I was disappointed to see his name come up, I was kind of hoping he'd save his 'superhero villain' role for Batman. He would be an excellent Riddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

William Fichtner as The Riddler? interesting...

He worked for a bank so you could easily tie it in that it was some sort of subsidiary of Wayne enterprises (I think he mentions its a mob bank in TDK though) so that'd tie in the disgruntled Wayne employee, wasnt there a reference to the Riddler with the pissed off guy who tries to sell out Bruce as Batman? his name was Coleman Reese...Mister Reese=mysteries? Like Edward Nygma was e.nygma in Forever.

I think he looks a lot like the Mad Hatter from the animated series:
    william_fichtner_joins_entourage.jpg
    hatter_small.jpg
    Not sure how he could be written though (maybe as a smaller character, but even so, the mad hatter is not too dissimilar to a cross between the joker and the scarecrow, so he's prbably unneccesary)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

+1 for Sam Rockwell. Great actor and can obviously pull off the deranged psycho pretty well! I still think it's someone we've seen in TDK though. That would immediately add some history to the role and have viewers connect with him.

• Advertisement

Sam Rockwell would be perfectly suited to this Batman universe, I really like that actor and he deserves a wider praise than he gets.

Off-topic but I really think when they go ahead with the MacGuyver movie (it's still been pushed by the creator) and for some godforsaken reason they don't go with Richard Dean Anderson then Rockwell would be be perfect for the role. :pac:

Advertisement