Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I want to see Black Mask in it...

but thats just me

Damn I knew i was forgetting someone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

fluke wrote: »
    Damn I knew i was forgetting someone!!

Or Hush!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

As said this is great news as long as Nolan directs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Fair enough but I think its a step up from your 'Pete Dunham' :P

I'm too lazy to google it but I presume it's a character played by the actor of my choice?

CH is the only choice; he's so got the Ledger thing about him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yup, I'd agree with Blitzkrieg, I want to see a Gang War with Black Mask on top, symbolising the complete takeover of Gotham by the freaks.

That Summer will be a big one for comic book fans with the Avengers and Spider-man also earmarked for releases. Wouldn't have too much confidence in terms of quality in regards to the latter though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

old hippy wrote: »
    I'm too lazy to google it but I presume it's a character played by the actor of my choice?

CH is the only choice; he's so got the Ledger thing about him :)

Yeah it's a character in 'Green Street', the only film I saw with him in it. He played a good role in it but I just cannot see him as The Joker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Funny how people are picking actors who look similar to HL to play the Joker in Batman3 when the Joker didn't look much like Heath anyway. So I don't think it would be an issue. Not that I think it should be an issue anyway. After all Maggie Gyllenhaal would never be mistaken for Katie Holmes but she was still acceptable in TDK.

If Joker is to be in Batman3 then best to give it to the right actor and not just someon who looks like Heath. Also I think it'd be better if said actor did their own take on Joker and not just an imitation of the performance in TDK.

bonerm wrote: »
    If Joker is to be in Batman3 then best to give it to the right actor and not just someon who looks like Heath. Also I think it'd be better if said actor did their own take on Joker and not just an imitation of the performance in TDK.

As long as the interpretation isn't too far removed form The Dark Knight's Joker and is a respectful characterisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I forgot that Batsy is on the run, in the next episode.

Interesting.

I forgot that Batsy is on the run, in the next episode.

Interesting.

With that in mind...
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    Run, Batsy! Run!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Can I just say I just read this today and I think its a load of bull there is no way they are goin too wait another 2 years for another Batman movie....

Im saying maybe it is true and they think its not a wise move too go up against Transformers 3 next year

your thoughts on what else it could go up against next year.

maybe there thinking that people will forget about ledger and move on in 2012.

who know we'll see. but didnt this year morgan freeman and Gary oldman let it slip that it was being realeased in summer 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

cable842..

Christopher Nolan will be dedicated to 'Inception' until it's release in July.

Batman 3 then needs to be (among other tasks) written, storyboarded, cast, scouted-for-locations, shot, edited, additional SFX and voice-work, promoted etc.

2 years is being optimistic for a film of this scale!

EDIT: I'd personally like to see Joseph Gordon Levitt as The Joker if they brought back the character.. an actor that impresses me more and more with each role he takes on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

They should shoot two at once or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

I'd love to see Rob Liotta as an older Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

basquille wrote: »
    EDIT: I'd personally like to see Joseph Gordon Levitt as The Joker if they brought back the character.. an actor that impresses me more and more with each role he takes on!

I'd agree.
    I'd love to see Rob Liotta as an older Joker
    Very interesting if the the timeline worked but Alfred would be pushing 90 for that to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Can I just say I just read this today and I think its a load of bull there is no way they are goin too wait another 2 years for another Batman movie....

waited 3 for the last one...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

To Be Honest they cant really use the Joker for the obvious reason new film new storyline.

Has to have new characters explore new baddies test different of Batman. Personally I feel it will be the
    Riddler. Dont know who would play him. Also feel that there will be progression with Batmans love interest, maybe her as a villian/goodie.

He's been on his own the last two films, has developed as a character now its time to put someone in alongside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

bonerm wrote: »
    Don't let him anywhere near this movie. Most over-rated actor ever. :mad:

I dunno, one of the only bits of the attrocious Alice In Wonderland I enjoyed was Depp's evil persona of the Hatter, he carries a sinister streak well. He may have become a commercial lampoon lately but I think he could pull off a good sinister take on The Riddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The Joker storyline has been done. No one will be able to beat Ledgers performance anyway.

Jim Carrey for The Riddler :pac:

and 4 years for the next one I dont think its a smart movie unless they have another cat like Ledger too pull out of the bag....

Before there was any talk of Ledger I remember the list of people that went for it.... And one person that stood out was Steve Buscemi hes got Fargo, Ghost World too name a few great actor and he would in my books make a great Joker.

The Jack Nic Rumor was bull I'd say but you never know its hollywood and I'd he would be a smart ass and say I want loads of money too come back.

With The Interception film I think the director is trying too pull the wool over our eyes and not give us any clues about his new movie in the trailer.

and saying that I think he has people fooled and hes going too do the same with Batman and do the same I don't believe the 2012 plan.

How can we see the new Batman film if the world is goin too end...............................

Riddler me this.. ? Batman
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    waited 3 for the last one...

• Advertisement

I remember seeing a You tube Video a while ago and some Fan spliced together and basically it was Batman Returns and Dark Knight Spliced Together and I was like no was there the same movie.

Cause I seen both of them in the Cinema and I watched the You Tube Video and wow its amazing its a direct copy of dark knight a lot of the main bits you got too chekc the video out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

basquille wrote: »
    I'd personally like to see Joseph Gordon Levitt as The Joker if they brought back the character.. an actor that impresses me more and more with each role he takes on!

I've been singing this hymn since we knew Joker survived Dark Knight. He is a fine actor and the spit of Heath Ledger.....perfect choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Translation required

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The only thing I'd say about the release date in favour of cable's unclear ramblings is that in the prior batman movie franchise 3 years was standard for each installment (1989,1992,1995.) except for the disaster that was batman and robin (which was 2 years).

So 2011 if this was the prior franchise would be the date..it would also be the date if it was part of one of the star wars trilogy (also 3 year intervals between films for each trilogy)

It's better to wait four years in order to make sure what is produced is a quality film. I don't see the problem, the only thing though is that my expectation would be raised in regards to what they do produce as they're giving themselves plenty of time to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Cant wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

20th of July is my birthday, they are clearly making this movie for me :D

I just think is that 4 years is a long time too wait for fans and ordinary people.

I think they were thinking about next year but they don't want too go up against Transformers.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's better to wait four years in order to make sure what is produced is a quality film. I don't see the problem, the only thing though is that my expectation would be raised in regards to what they do produce as they're giving themselves plenty of time to get it right.

cable842 wrote: »
    I just think is that 4 years is a long time too wait for fans and ordinary people.

I think they were thinking about next year but they don't want too go up against Transformers.

That really wouldn't make sense to me though, why move the release date to an entirely different year over one film? Why not move the release back or forth by a few weeks instead?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

cable842 wrote: »

Waiting is infinitely better than a rush job. A film of this size would take at least a year and a half to produce, more if you let the writers take their time and come up with as good a script as they can. Bearing in mind Nolan is working on another film - that's another two years gone, assuming of course he will be the director again - a four year time frame isn't that much of an issue at all.

I'm pretty sure going up against Transformers isn't a big concern. TBH if the sequel to the Dark Knight was released alongside the loudest fart of a franchise currently being produced, I'd hope that quality would win out. This is the general public we're talking about here though... I'm pretty sure Michael Bay isn't the reason for 2012 release date however, they are just taking their time and shall hopefully release a quality product. One good Batman film every four years is so much more appealing than another racist, sexist, incomprehensible Transformers movie as quickly as they can churn the damn things out.

Advertisement