Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Really looking forward to seeing this tonight especially since most people are saying it lives up to its expectations!

Anyone know how long this will stay in the IMAX theaters? Moving to Edinburgh in September so hopefully will be able to catch it on IMAX then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Back to this thread now that there's a separate one for spoilers. 9 hours to go. Judging by some of the reactions here this is going to be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Its up to 14 now killed in America. Lunatics over there. Remember the fella that dressed up like Neo and shot a few people?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just about to watch it now. Even as a cinema employee I still have to pay to watch it lol. At least I get to see it before I start work straight after lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I'd had tickets for tonight in dundrum but gave them to a friend as they couldn't book tickets.
    Now i really want to see it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

coolisin wrote: »
    Now I'm dying to see it again!
    I know it wasn't intentional.. but maybe a poor choice of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Sorry about that, wasn't thinking basq.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Battleflag wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing this tonight especially since most people are saying it lives up to its expectations!

Anyone know how long this will stay in the IMAX theaters? Moving to Edinburgh in September so hopefully will be able to catch it on IMAX then

I think you might be out of luck by then, only Cineworld are showing it and I'd imagine they might stop IMAX run for this by the time even August comes round.

=====

Tickets booked for tonight, ridiculously excited, this is how cinema used to be when I was kid and Jurassic Park came in. The missus asked me was i going to sit on the edge of my seat like I did at BB, I can't remember doing that so my answer was "probably".

leader LEADER....BATMAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got to watch it in galway this morning, beaut of a film. Enthralling stuff from the get go. Guaranteed ye will enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I went to first show in Cineworld this morning. It's was the big screen and nearly full up. Projector wouldn't play film so they offered us tickets to next show in smaller screen. We would've been packed in as that show was about to start and some of the clientele seemed a little strange so got a refund.

A bit disappointing.

You missed out on a second freebie ticket :D there was another failure in the other screen and it wasn't started for about 20 minutes, one of the lads in front of the projector got the biggest laugh of the day when he did a Batman hand puppet sign, was brilliant.

It wasn't too packed either which was surprising though the screen was reasonably smaller. I assume the clientele you were talking about was the old guy who kept talking to himself but he was grand for the movie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Want to see it on Sunday in iSence (I had plans but they fell through). The website is not responding tho.

Is this feasible or is it completely booked out for the next week there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Was the Man Of Steel trailer attached to it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'twas in the Lighthouse.

Surprising amount of ads actually. Thought they were going to jump straight into the film at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone else accidentally click what they thought was this thread on the front page only to be brought in the "seen it" / spoilers one? Happened me twice today.. closed out of it quickly though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Duggy747 wrote: »

Not in Vue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Duggy747 wrote: »

Wasn't in UCI/Odeon Coolock either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Man of steel trailer shown before it, in the eye in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

they didnt show it in the imc dun laoghaire i was gutted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Basq wrote: »
    Anyone else accidentally click what they thought was this thread on the front page only to be brought in the "seen it" / spoilers one? Happened me twice today.. closed out of it quickly though!

I did it twice today, wondered why there was so much spoiler highlighted text in there and ran away.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I'll be going to the iSense tomorrow to see this, will report back on how it plays. Unless someone else already has. Fingers crossed the Man of Steel trailer's attached

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

The 12:50 screening in Cineworld was 95% full I'd say (probably from folks who missed out on the botched screening earlier?), but was a great atmosphere. Several lads dressed as Batman, one getting a huge round of applause when he announced they had found someone's keys. A true hero!

As for the movie, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Oh jesus come on 9 o'clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just sitting down to watch it now!

10.40 for me, stupid working late. eeeee from 2 years to 2hrs left, tis been emotional :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Didn't show Man of Steel trailer in Bundoran either. I was looking forward to seeing the lovely Henry Cavill ;_; Taken 2 looks awesome though!

The screen was pretty much full too, actually wasn't expecting so many people to be there (5am screening).

Anyone going later on/this weekend, hope you guys enjoy it! You're in for a treat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Great spoiler free review here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Can't listen now, but was Kermode's review positive or negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Positive.

Can't listen now, but was Kermode's review positive or negative?

Positive, was raving about how good it looks. I'm off to it now, yeeehaa :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ebert's decidedly mixed 3-star review is now up. He complains that it's too serious and hasn't enough Batman. He also thinks Bane is a poor villain and the plot is confusing. But he thinks other people will like it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120717/REVIEWS/120719981

Link is full of spoilers people!

Advertisement