Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I love it, he was the one person I wanted from Inception. Other people wanted JGL or DiCaprio, I always wanted Hardy. Absolutely fcuking delighted. He'll be Riddler most likely, wish he was Black Mask though.

BTW, that's not an opinion purely based on Inception. It's based on RocknRolla as well, and most especially Bronson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm pretty excited about Hardy's casting. Always thought he was a great actor, and having seen Bronson, he'd make an outstanding villain. Have no idea what villain he could play (if indeed he is a villain), but I'm sure Nolan has a great role for him whatever it may be.

I reckon he'll be The Riddler. The exciting thing about him possibly getting that role is that we'll probably see a transformation like the one he went through for Bronson, except this time he'll be going from muscle to skinny.

Could be Black Mask as well though.

Fantastic news, and I love how this was announced like the day after Sony announced Rhys Ifans' casting in the Spidey reboot. WB/DC refuse to be outdone. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I love it, he was the one person I wanted from Inception. Other people wanted JGL or DiCaprio, I always wanted Hardy. Absolutely fcuking delighted. He'll be Riddler most likely, wish he was Black Mask though.

I also prefer the idea of him as Black Mask over him as Riddler.

He could also make for an excellentt Red Hood or Hush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

fantastic actor cant wait to see him and bale share a scene together fantastic actors of our era. My shout would be the riddler for hardy but i think he should be black mask he would be amazing.
    if i was to chose to riddler i would have Michael fassebender play him he would nail it in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kess73 wrote: »
    I also prefer the idea of him as Black Mask over him as Riddler.

He could also make for an excellentt Red Hood or Hush.

Did Nolan say at one stage that he would not reuse any other villain from the past films? With the exception of Two Face and Joker of course.

I wouldn't like to see Hardy play The Riddler, I don't see the Riddler as a worthy adversary for Nolan's Batman. Maybe he could fit in as a lesser villain like the scarecrow in BB.

Would much prefer as Kess said, Black Mask or Hush.

Dunno about Red Hood, as in the comics thats tied a lot to Jokers Origin and Jason Todd's return! I dunno who else was the red hood. I can't see the Red Hood fitting into Nolan's Gotham anyways, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Did Nolan say at one stage that he would not reuse any other villain from the past films? With the exception of Two Face and Joker of course.

I wouldn't like to see Hardy play The Riddler, I don't see the Riddler as a worthy adversary for Nolan's Batman. Maybe he could fit in as a lesser villain like the scarecrow in BB.

He has only dismissed the Penguin and Mr.Freeze so far.

A non camp version of the Riddler would fit perfectly into Nolan's Batman considering the Joker used similar tactics in the last film. I would imagine Nolan would have wanted both the Joker and the Riddler in the third film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I still think Talia Al Ghul can tie up the trilogy nicely with the evolution of batman and the evolution of Bruce being broguht full circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,592 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I still think Talia Al Ghul can tie up the trilogy nicely with the evolution of batman and the evolution of Bruce being broguht full circle.

Marion Cotillard name was mentioned for this role at some stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd love to see the Clock King as the lesser villain in this! Never gonna happen, I know but I always liked him... Doubt we'll be seeing Red Hood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Apparently fake but one of the better ones.

11695961_gal.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rabidlamb wrote: »

11695961_gal.png

If someone was going to put so much effort into this they could have at least come up with a half decent name...something catchy like the 'pointy earred avenger'.

They wouldn't use the word avenger in the title in the same year that The Avengers is coming out, and don't get me started on the word winged. :pac:

But yeah, it's fake, those kind of posters are run of the mill on certain other forums, there are threads dedicated to making manips like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Rabidlamb wrote: »

11695961_gal.png

The marketing giant that is behind these films would never reuse an old image. Also, the name? Ha! Amazing. Sure WB haven't even confirmed it yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭nosco

ricero wrote: »
    if i was to chose to riddler i would have Michael fassebender play him he would nail it in my opinion

superb call

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This is one of my favourite fake posters, alot of detail gone into it:

riddlerpostdarknight.jpg

this one is weird....has tenant ever been mentioned or rumoured slightly:

batman_3_poster___riddler_by_joshwmc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

That 1st Riddler one is excellent. That should be the actual poster/cover...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a284469/nolan-searching-for-batman-leading-lady.html
    hristopher Nolan has allegedly started meeting potential leading ladies to star opposite Christian Bale in his latest Batman movie.

According to Moviehole, the Dark Knight director is looking for actresses in their late 20s and early 30s to take on the main female role in the superhero sequel.

Nolan and Warner Bros are keeping the casting under wraps, although insiders believe that the actresses could be meeting for the part of Catwoman.

"Some of the beauties coming in to chat with Christopher would suggest that," a source reportedly said.

Christian Bale and Sir Michael Caine will reprise their roles, while Nolan's Inception star Tom Hardy has been cast as the villain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I love that newspaper fake poster.

I wonder with the cumbersome iMAX camera, how much of the film will be shot using it. I hope 100% of it is, or at least just crop the 35MM footage so it's all 16:9 :)

I love iMAX. Even on Blu-Ray you can really, really see the difference over the 35MM stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,592 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any idea who Hardy is playing? (Bane, Killer Croc, Black Mask or Riddler or another ??????)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

The above has him listed as Det. Harvey Bullock (rumoured)

I'm not too keen on seeing Catwoman in the film tbh but again he could be casting for a new love interest character for Bruce or maybe Talia Al Ghul or Harley Quinn

Marion Cotillard was rumoured to have been offered a role as either Talia al Ghul or Selina Kyle but she turned down the role due to a scheduling conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

No Riddler, in your face whoever suggested David Tennant!
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47222

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Here's the full article from the LA Times, for those on mobiles:
    LA Times wrote:
    Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises” and though the Gotham City auteur isn’t ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.

Riddler rumors were off target. (DC Comics)
    Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.

Check back here later in the morning for a more in-depth look at that decision and the Nolan ambitions and reasons behind it.

As for the title, it shows the writer-director’s intention to keep his Bruce Wayne trilogy tightly stitched together. “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” Nolan said cryptically. I had an odd thought: What if Nolan somehow brings back Harvey Dent? The only reason I even mention it is because, back during post-production on the second film, Nolan told me that the title “The Dark Knight” was just as much about Dent and his fall from the status of shining-knight civic crusader. Dent was plainly dead at the end of the last film, though, and Nolan has been intent on keeping his Gotham City film firmly rooted in a gritty gangland realism– this isn’t a franchise that has veered off into the supernatural or even much super-science.

Nolan plays things close to the vest — he’s one of the few filmmakers of his generation who actually does wear a vest — and he chuckled when I tried to get a few more details out of him. “Oh, you know me, I don’t talk.” He began our conversation by comparing it with a visit to the dentist’s office. Well, if so, he’s a patient who never opens wide. I asked if he could imagine a time when Warner Bros. would let a filmmaker shoot a Batman script where the villain isn’t one of the signature creations from the comic books. “Ah, Geoff Boucher, master of the leading question,” he said with a chuckle.

That’s when he did agree, however, to eliminate a villain candidate, namely Edward Nigma, the green-suited Riddler, who many people (myself included) assumed was the next natural choice. That character could be taken in a lot of directions — think of Kevin Spacey’s character in “Seven” as a compass point for one of those dark paths — but Nolan and his team are going a different way. As with “Dark Knight,” the new film has a script written by Nolan and his brother, Jonah, and it’s based on a story by the director and David Goyer. Earlier, I got Nolan to take Mr. Freeze off the list and, yes, this is like pulling teeth but don’t think for a minute that I mind. Nolan makes sublime films, and any secrets he wants to keep in place are done so to protect the final product. As for me, I’m hoping now for Hugo Strange who, come to think of it, looks a bit like a dentist…

– Geoff Boucher

I thought he'd be a good character to have. Can't imagine Harvey Bullock being the villain in this one. He was a bit of a sh*t character in the comics and is a bit too simplistic. I could imagine Tom Hardy as Hush maybe or as I said before, Hugo Strange would fit into Nolan's universe pretty well.

The title is fine, I'm surprised with the use of TDK in the title again, but that doesn't mean it's a poor choice of title.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Det. Harvey Bullock & Two Face would suggest a plot centred around ruining James Gordon's career and Batman going vigilante against the police and city hall, breaking his own rules and generally continuing the theme that they setup at the end of the dark knight.

Certainly a better way to go than Killer Croc, Riddler or Black Mask

after reading the interview i defiantly think Aaron eckhart will return as two face and maybe then tom hardy playing black mask and having an all out gang war in gotham city

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tonyob2

Sigh, must say i'm upset that the riddler is not going to be in this film. I reckon we can expect Scarecow and Raj al guhl to make a return...the riddler could've added a lot to the film..

• Advertisement

i think maybe victor zsasz he did after all appear in the first movie and was mentioned in promotional websites for the dark knight

Advertisement