Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

YAY this is gonna be class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Apparently WB are announcing details for their DC properties over the next week, hopefully Batman 3 is included in that. We'd be doing well to get the title of the film, even better to get a casting announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a278510/nolan-still-working-on-batman-3-script.html

movies_christopher_nolan.jpg
    WENN

Christopher Nolan has revealed that he is still working on the script for the next Batman film.

The director, who is currently rewriting his brother Jonathan's first draft, also joked that he is only "hopeful" that Warner Bros would greenlight the film.

At an Italian press conference for Inception, Nolan said: "I don't like to talk too much about things until I'm further along with them. I'm working on the script right now. My brother Jonah has done a draft of the script and now I'm writing on it."

When asked if the studio had officially confirmed the project, the 40-year-old said: "We have set a release date and as far as the film being officially greenlit - they haven't told me they don't want to do it. So I'm hopeful!"

The film is scheduled to be released on July 20, 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I can't wait for this. I just hope Christopher Nolan will be directing this thrid installment. If the film is as great as the last two, it could turn out to be a really incredible trilogy of films. We'll have to wait and see.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

I would like to see the Riddler as the main villain, possibly with the Penguin (as a simple crime boss, not the deformed thing he was in Batman Returns) as a secondary villain, kinda like Two-Face in the Dark Knight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Scarecrow and Two-Face could have been a really good combination.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://ie.movies.ign.com/articles/112/1123393p1.html

Edward Norton has been discussing superhero movies, with the actor admitting that he'd love to work with Christopher Nolan on a Batman flick......................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^ i would love to see! i think a nolan directed ed norton would be epic!!

Ed Norton for The Diddler!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im in two minds about the direction of this. Ultimately to close out the story, Batman needs to address crime in Gotham and have a "white knight" as he puts it take his reigns. Bringing in a new random villain might not close the arc unless there is a direct correlation between the villain and crime.

Bringing in a random villain with his own agenda just doesnt seem right imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What else can they do though? With Harvey Dent gone, they can't just throw another 'White Knight' into the frame, unless its somehow Bruce stepping into those shoes, which wont happen.

I'd almost have thought that TDK would have been a good ending to the trilogy, with Batman being hunted by the cops, yet still protecting the City. I think the end will be a bit on the bleak side, in a 'Batman will always be needed' kind of way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Kiith wrote: »
    What else can they do though? With Harvey Dent gone, they can't just throw another 'White Knight' into the frame, unless its somehow Bruce stepping into those shoes, which wont happen.

Comm. Gordon would be the obvious choice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Don't think this has been posted already, although we all knew it would happen, its nice to have confirmation

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29062

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it just me or does Nolan look like a young Oliver Platt?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

to be honest the amount of expectation this film is facing is immense... if it turns out to be ****e i forsee a wave of fanboy suicides. seriously though I really cant see this being as good as everyone wants it to be pretty much because everyones expectations are far too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

2012 is far too long to wait man.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    to be honest the amount of expectation this film is facing is immense... if it turns out to be ****e i forsee a wave of fanboy suicides. seriously though I really cant see this being as good as everyone wants it to be pretty much because everyones expectations are far too high.

I think people just want another solid film, if it's another film of the quality of Batman Begins then I'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fago123 wrote: »
    Don't think this has been posted already, although we all knew it would happen, its nice to have confirmation

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29062

To direct the first 2 and then step back from the 3rd would have caused uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Dempsey wrote: »
    To direct the first 2 and then step back from the 3rd would have caused uproar

Depends on who the next director was going to be.I thought he was always going to do it,like why would he leave makes no sence?!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Michael Sheen would make an excellent Riddler

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Michael Sheen would make an excellent Riddler

I thought he was easily the best actor in Underworld series.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Highligter

I would love to see Nolan's take on the Penguin. I'd say it would be compleltly different to Burton's grotesque depiction played by Danny DeVito.

Nolan's ganster theme has run well so far in his films so the Penguin would be a nice addition.

And I think that Philip Seymour Hoffman would be brilliant as the Penguin.

Also, here's what Michael Keaton had to say about Nolan's Batman in a recent interview:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=20921

The rumour mill is in overdrive.

I would recommend putting absolutely no faith in any of the below, the rumours are coming from Mark Millar who is known to be a liar who often makes up stores about these sort of this just to get his name in the paper.

*From slashfilm
    killercroc

For the past day, the big buzz on Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film is that the film will shoot next April in Louisiana. The supposition for the Louisiana location, after the previous two films did so much photography in Chicago, is that Warner Bros. loves the tax breaks that helped out Green Lantern when it shot in the state earlier this year.

But what if the location also played into the incorporation of a particular character into the story? A Killer Croc might be at home in Louisiana swamps, yes? Let the speculation begin! (It already has; we’re just pushing you to talk about it.)

It started like this: ComingSoon reported that Batman 3 would shoot in April in New Orleans. And then comics writer Mark Millar dropped a pair of tweets that went as follows:

1) Oh, wait. Con gossip: I know who the villain(s) are in Batman 3 and the big scene outside Gotham sounds awesome. Totally timely locale.

2) One of the villains is from my favourite childhood run on the character. Again, very unexpected.

So, Millar (who I don’t often believe to begin with) mentions a non-Gotham locale, which dovetails with the unconfirmed report of New Orleans, which has swamps, and naturally Killer Croc’s name comes up. Totally solid, right? Especially since Killer Croc first appeared in 1983, when Millar would have been 13. Does that count as within the timeframe for favorite childhood run in Batman? Maybe.

Killer Croc isn’t too difficult a character concept to wrap one’s head around, but here’s some background:

Waylon Jones is a former crocodile wrestler turned into a criminal deformed by a birth defect. He has low intelligence but great strength, as well as crocodilian abilities, such as a keen sense of smell and the ability to hold his breath underwater for long periods of time.

So: discuss the option of Killer Croc, but until we’ve got a lot more info don’t assume this is anything other than a huge rumor. The character played a big role in the very good Akham Asylum game last year (see image above), so he should be fresh on some fans’ minds. He also had a recurring role in the Batman Animated Series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The rumour mill is in overdrive.

I would recommend putting absolutely no faith in any of the below, the rumours are coming from Mark Millar who is known to be a liar who often makes up stores about these sort of this just to get his name in the paper.

*From slashfilm

Sounds like a Croc of shít tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sounds like a Croc of shít tbh.

I wonder if Michael O' Leary owns the website

I would find it literally jaw dropping if Nolan used Croc. That being said a portrayal as like the one in Brian Azzarello's Joker could be doable considering where we're at with Batman as a character right now following TDK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

There's no way Nolan will do Killer Croc without majorly rewriting the character. He stated in the past, before The Dark Knight that he'd stay away from Batman's more fantastical villains. So the likes of Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, etc are out. BS, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Killer Croc could be grim and evil enough to fit into Nolan's dark Batman universe but yeah, the abnormal side of the character doesn't fit Nolan's style. He coculd have him, but only with a major overhaul of many of the character's traits, would Nolan risk pissing off the community that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Gipo3

cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Rumour has it that Tom Hardy has been cast in a major role.

From Empire:
    Given how great he was in Inception, this doesn’t exactly count as surprising news, but it’s still very welcome: according to Deadline, Christopher Nolan has recruited Tom Hardy for a major role in the next Batman film.

Before anyone hits the ‘net to scream “TOM HARDY IS THE RIDDLER!!!1!!” A WORD OF… Sorry, left the caps lock on there. A word of caution: there is zero information as to what his role might be an only an insinuation that he’s playing a villain.

But while there’s zero confirmation on his part, feel free to go nuts with your guesses – would he make a good Riddler? Is he taking on one of the other iconic characters from Bats’ rogues’ gallery? Or could he be Robin? Kidding on that one. We hope…

Hardy, of course, has been shooting Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for Thomas Alfredson and he also has McG’s action comedy This Means War, alongside Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine on his schedule. While we thought Nolan might try to factor him into the Bat-universe, there was always the lingering spectre of Mad Max: Fury Road in his future, but thanks to rain and a lot of flowers, that one has been pushed back.

As for Batman 3, all that we really know for sure is that Chris Nolan is definitely making the film (he told us himself) and that Jonah Nolan and David Goyer have been hard at work cranking out another script. We can also exclusively confirm that Michael Caine, cinematic god that he is, is not always the best source for Bat-news.

Advertisement