Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Junior D wrote: »
    Sorry just thought it would be easier to get peoples attention

Yeah! What were you thinking? LOUD NOISES! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sorry just thought it would be easier to get peoples attention

To be honest most of those who use the American Football forum would go straight to the Madden 11 thread. Anyone who is smart will go to the video games section and then here to see if there is anything about Madden 11. Why not start a separate thread in the Video Games section that way all your bases are covered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Madden threads merged per request.

Raoul wrote: »
    I totally get what you are saying. But in some cases people just take the piss and don't play the game realistically. So we need to just decide whats best. I actually have found playing online, not that many people actually are going for it on 4th down as much as last year. We could just leave it and hope that people play with some realism and fairness. And if not then we can add in a rule about it later?

Lets just add a rule saying that common sense should be used and anyone taking the piss intentionally being aholes will be booted. I know how to play the game as do others and I am sure I am not alone in saying that I like to mix it up on 4th down. The majority of the time I will Punt and kick but there are times that is required to go for it.
    I have done a fantasy draft before with 4 people, what ended up happening though was after three seasons, the three of us just had by far the best teams and we all knew we were goin to get the the playoffs and it was soo easy even on all-madden, so hopefully with a few more people this wont happen.

Talking to a buddy of mine last night about the draft he said those who didnt turn up got sh1t team or too many of one play as EA never set in that the cpu would just pick what the team needs. Buddy showed me some of the teams and damn they were horrible and they have all 32 teams full.
    Lots of online leagues have a whole points capacity thing based on players overall ratings. But i found it was too much work and took the fun out of it. So I think basically just a bit of common sense on trades and any human to computer trades have to be approved by a certain number of people. anybody else have a better idea or anything else that needs to be discussed?

Agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I would think maybe going for it on 4th down should only be allowed if you are less than 1 yard in the first 3 q's and then is allowed in the 4th.

A schedule of games will have to be agreed upon also, you cant have one team having played 5/6 games while another has only played 2. A game should be arranged in a window of say 3 days and if that person cannot make it, he can nominate the computer to play the game for him

How many have we got now? I reckon we try to get it up off the ground by the weekend with a live draft on say Saturday and those who wish to join after that can come in and pick a team which has not been taken

kilns wrote: »
    I would think maybe going for it on 4th down should only be allowed if you are less than 1 yard in the first 3 q's and then is allowed in the 4th.

Again I have to disagree. If we want realism allowing people go for it is the only realistic thing. So far 4 of those who are in have said they are not keen on going for it on 4th down so it shows there is some common sense among those who have put their names in the hat. I am in someone's half and I feel on 4th and 10 I would rather go for it why shouldn't I be allowed?

I think the debate he is if someone Always goes for it rather than just playing the game and uses common sense. There will be a clear difference between those who know what they are doing by going for it on 4th and those who are just muppetts messing around.
    A schedule of games will have to be agreed upon also, you cant have one team having played 5/6 games while another has only played 2. A game should be arranged in a window of say 3 days and if that person cannot make it, he can nominate the computer to play the game for him

The problem here is time. Take me for example I am away for a whole month in Sept and then there are those who work during the day and then there are those who work at night. As this is our first time doing it lets not be so harsh with 3 day rules. Lets use this as a testing ground. Obviously if someone hasn't played a lot of games with excuse or why then yes forfeits should happen or the option to play CPU.
    How many have we got now? I reckon we try to get it up off the ground by the weekend with a live draft on say Saturday and those who wish to join after that can come in and pick a team which has not been taken

To be honest with you I am no good for Sept. Im nowhere near my 360 right now. Maybe try to use Sept to gain more members first?? Right now we have 6 lets build that up first before we jump into it.

EDIT: Just to add talking to 2 other guys I know in different, and their take is this:

We have no rule to 4th down for the following reasons:

1 - You stopped them on 3 downs already why can't you do the same and turnover the ball on 4th giving you better field position.
    2 - Stopping someone going for it on 4th is not making it more realistic as NFL teams down to High School have the option to go for it also but they choose not to.

I have to agree with the above to be honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Three day rule is a little strict especially just starting off. I think it should be a week and as soon as all the games are played then the week can be advanced.

As for a games schedule, I think it should simply be up to the two people who are playing each other to sort it out between themselves.

If a person can't play a certain week against a human player, then this person should have to leave the league to allow the opposition to play against the computer. Then they can retake their place the next week. I think this is a fairer way than just simulating the game.

I think that we should try and get as many people in as possible for the live draft because as was said before, the computer doesn't really pick the best teams. So we really need to get a good few other people.

As for the 4th down, I think just let people do what they want and if certain people are overdoing it then name and shame them here and we can see what to do. But definitely for the first season lets just see how it goes.

And tallaghtoutlaws, you can join the league and do the fantasy draft on the laptop!

1 - Raoul
    2 - Kilns
    3 - tallaghtoutlaws
    4 - Wompa1
    5 - Junior d
    6 - Steve o
    7 - Evil Seed
    8 - NTMK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

id be up for it aswell if it starts around the end of september

I went and set up the franchise, its called Boards FL. I will pm everyone so far with the password and if you could pm me back with your team selection as soon as you join and I will update the list.

• Advertisement

I went and set up the franchise, its called Boards FL. I will pm everyone so far with the password and if you could pm me back with your team selection as soon as you join and I will update the list.

Pats for me.

Might be easier to keep track of who joins if people only post their team after they have joined. So far its just me, on my own with the Lions. You can join on the net I think btw.

http://www.easports.com/onlinefranchise/franchises

Or do I have to actually invite you? Could someone try and join and let me know asap. Just sending pms now

kilns - for some reason you aren't receiving pms, so wasnt able to send you the details

• Registered Users Posts: 37,850 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pats for me.
    Lol, I'm shocked that wasn't in your original joining up post.:D

Weird, send me an invite to the franchise next time you are on xbox live

I am under usertag lynch1407

Might be easier to keep track of who joins if people only post their team after they have joined. So far its just me, on my own with the Lions. You can join on the net I think btw.

http://www.easports.com/onlinefranchise/franchises

Or do I have to actually invite you? Could someone try and join and let me know asap. Just sending pms now

kilns - for some reason you aren't receiving pms, so wasnt able to send you the details

No option to join online.

Weird, send me an invite to the franchise next time you are on xbox live

I am under usertag lynch1407

Think everyone needs to post their gamertags and I need to invite them. Everybody already has the password so as soon as I get your gamertags I can send you the invite.

How long should the quarters be? Accelerated clock?

Right note the password is BFL2010. I will remove this as soon as you send a thanks.

Think everyone needs to post their gamertags and I need to invite them. Everybody already has the password so as soon as I get your gamertags I can send you the invite.

How long should the quarters be? Accelerated clock?

Can I accept even though I am no where near my xbox?

No idea tbh. Sorry

Thanks got the password

Quarter lengths - 10 mins?

Accelerated clock to 15 secs?

Thanks got the password

Quarter lengths - 10 mins?

Accelerated clock to 15 secs?

Im after having a game there online for 7 mins. It took ages tbh. But if people want ten min quarters i dont mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

My Gamertag is Me Is Genius, will it be a problem that i won't have live until mid september???

My Gamertag is Me Is Genius, will it be a problem that i won't have live until mid september???

It shouldn't. Personally I would like to give people a good bit of time to join the league.

If people know anybody that is on boards and plays madden give them a shout. The more human players, the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

My GT is Keary90

I have taken the Jets!

My GT: PaddySmallBalls , a bit sad but also true!

1 - Raoul - Lions
    2 - Kilns - Jets
    3 - tallaghtoutlaws - Invite Sent
    4 - Wompa1 - Buccaneers
    5 - Junior d - Invite Sent
    6 - Steve o
    7 - Evil Seed
    8 - NTMK - Invite Sent
    9 - Danger_dave1 - Vikings

When you join post your team name here. Or PM me and I will update the list.

I'll have the Buccaneers if I can please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

My gamertag is DangerousDiageo , i lurk more than post on site , but sure ill play in the league, hopefully it will get me to post on the forum as well :)

Il have Vikings please

I'm only going to update the list when people have taken their place in the league. That way we can keep track of who has actually joined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anybody on PS3 fancy a game? Not a franchise or anything, just a wee scrimmage ;)

My PSN ID is kevyn87ie

Advertisement