Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

So did Madden 10 but that turned out to be a plie of sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/news/story?id=5136818

This looks and sounds awesome! Cannot wait for it.

Not sure from what I've seen/read, the new play-calling is really gonna be a do or die for the game really. Skipped over madden 10, i own madden 09 but wasn't overally impressed with it.

Here is a trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭bobo the clown

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Not sure from what I've seen/read, the new play-calling is really gonna be a do or die for the game really. Skipped over madden 10, i own madden 09 but wasn't overally impressed with it.

Here is a trailer:
    Madden is a good game ...can't wait

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

that trailer looks rubbish! players just floating around and spin moves where they magically side step. would hope the gameplay isnt like that when its released. havent had a madden since 09, but wouldnt mind getting an upgrade, but only if its worth it.

bruschi wrote: »
    that trailer looks rubbish! players just floating around and spin moves where they magically side step. would hope the gameplay isnt like that when its released. havent had a madden since 09, but wouldnt mind getting an upgrade, but only if its worth it.

I'm the same. Yes Madden is a good game, but there hasn't been a significant improvement since 06, the last iteration I got on the PS2. And some would argue it has gotten worse...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

And some would argue it has gotten worse...

It definitely has not gotten worse!

It definitely has not gotten worse!

Well there is a couple of issues that weren't in the PS2 versions:

Offensive Linesmen not able to block for sh.it
    The CPU running out of bounds for no reason
    Defensive backs able to jump ridiculously high

Madden 11 demo now up in the US PSN store if anyone is interested!

New SuperBowl celebration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I stopped buying it in 08 once you go NCAA you never go back. Madden goes for the look far to often and the gameplay is sh1te. So many problems. Gotten so much more worse in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Looks class and all but I'm not a fan of the Madden games since '07. I think that 2006 and 2007 were the finest of games - since they moved to the next gen consoles, they've been ruined I think. Nice to see Brees on the cover though!

• Advertisement

I'm pretty much the same as you guys but thought I'd give it a try. Think I've lost interest in Madden as a game, there just doesnt seem to much of an improvement to the gameplay, if any.

Gave the demo a try and was not very impressed not sure about the gameflow feature really.

I'm pretty much the same as you guys but thought I'd give it a try. Think I've lost interest in American Football as a game, there just doesnt seem to much of an improvement to the gameplay, if any.

Gave the demo a try and was not very impressed not sure about the gameflow feature really.

If you have a PS3 buy NCAA 11 trust me you wont be disappointed. You will have to order it from the US but it is so much better than Madden. I first bought it when I bought a US 360 when it first came out and haven't looked back. Handy thing about the PS3 is the non region lock on the games so you can purchase the NCAA series.

If you have a PS3 buy NCAA 11 trust me you wont be disappointed. You will have to order it from the US but it is so much better than Madden. I first bought it when I bought a US 360 when it first came out and haven't looked back. Handy thing about the PS3 is the non region lock on the games so you can purchase the NCAA series.

My cousin, similar to me with Madden, tried out NCAA and really enjoys it. I was wary as there's no rosters I think, just QB#3 etc. but you can download stuff for it to get the names for the players. Sounds pretty good, must give it a shot sometime!

My cousin, similar to me with Madden, tried out NCAA and really enjoys it. I was wary as there's no rosters I think, just QB#3 etc. but you can download stuff for it to get the names for the players. Sounds pretty good, must give it a shot sometime!

Yeah you can use generated names though or download the actual rosters. Takes about 15mins tops to download and upload to the game. Well worth it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I never knew PS3 was region free :eek::eek:

And here's me playing Madden like a chump! How do you download the actual rosters for NCAA and upload then? Is it over PS market place or something else completely?

Archimedes wrote: »
    I never knew PS3 was region free :eek::eek:

And here's me playing Madden like a chump! How do you download the actual rosters for NCAA and upload then? Is it over PS market place or something else completely?

The good nerds of the tinternet upload them. They are not official but work 100%. Just google them. For NCAA 11 it will take them a couple of weeks to upload the rosters. But if you want to try before you buy the full price 11 go and buy a bargain copy of 10. Ebay for €20 these days.

To upload the rosters you create a data folder on your ps3 and the game reads it. The nerds generally leave instructions. I download on laptop and transfer using data stick.

The good nerds of the tinternet upload them. They are not official but work 100%. Just google them. For NCAA 11 it will take them a couple of weeks to upload the rosters. But if you want to try before you buy the full price 11 go and buy a bargain copy of 10. Ebay for €20 these days.

To upload the rosters you create a data folder on your ps3 and the game reads it. The nerds generally leave instructions. I download on laptop and transfer using data stick.

That sounds class. There are some seriously dedicated people to do up the rosters like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Erm... I played Madden 11 today and I love it. Although I am a Madden fan.

The Gameflow thing works imo, its like asking Madden but it makes the game quicker and each coach has his playbook tendencies in the game so it makes the call based on what he would select in that given situation in real life, you can also make your own playbooks.

If you are wearing the headset for 360/PS3, then the offensive co-ordinator speaks into your ear telling you how many steps to drop back, where to hit your reciever or what gaps to look for on a run. Same on defence, he tells you where to pressure the QB etc. Very very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Erm... I played Madden 11 today and I love it. Although I am a Madden fan.

The Gameflow thing works imo, its like asking Madden but it makes the game quicker and each coach has his playbook tendencies in the game so it makes the call based on what he would select in that given situation in real life, you can also make your own playbooks.

If you are wearing the headset for 360/PS3, then the offensive co-ordinator speaks into your ear telling you how many steps to drop back, where to hit your reciever or what gaps to look for on a run. Same on defence, he tells you where to pressure the QB etc. Very very cool.

Yeah I really like it too. Think the coach thing could get annoying extremely quickly. Can't wait to sit down and make up my own playbook thing. Really like the gameflow, and it was a great idea to leave in the conventional method.

Running with the ball seems much easier.

Its annoying to have only two teams to play with, can't wait for this to come out.

Probably a silly question, but is there any difference between Madden on the Xbox and PS3? I had an Xbox for years, and have played every Madden since '06 on it, but it packed up on me this year so I've been stuck with the PS3 since. Any difference apart from getting used to the controller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Probably a silly question, but is there any difference between Madden on the Xbox and PS3? I had an Xbox for years, and have played every Madden since '06 on it, but it packed up on me this year so I've been stuck with the PS3 since. Any difference apart from getting used to the controller?

No difference, it's the same game afaik.

Some thoughts after playing the demo:

Gameflow: worked well enough. At times the CPU picked some downright crazy plays in certain situations. But I suppose even the best NFL co-ordinator picks stupid plays from time to time. The co-ordinator in the headset was cool but I suspect it will get old very fast.

Running: No sprint button was a bit weird at first but after a while I didn't even miss it and I could concentrate on following the blocks and finding the hole, just like it should be.

Passing: Seemed more or less the same as last year.

Presentation: Seems much improved and has been a major failing of Madden in recent years. Would have to see the full game though to judge it.

Overall looks good and an improvement on last year (based on the demo obviously).

Spent the past couple of hours playing the demo. Very impressed with it. Im definitely a fan of gameflow. The removal of the sprint button has made running with the ball much better - no more just zipping round the outside, you really are at the mercy of your blockers. The physics seem to be better too. Very impressed, can't wait for the full version.

Anyone else find it hard not to press the sprint button???:pac:

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard not to press the sprint button???:pac:

Yeah me :D

I played a good 4 hours of this, this morning and I have to say the more I get into it the more this new version grows on me. I may purchase the full copy of the game now to give it a good seeing to :D:D

But people seriously give NCAA a try also you wont be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Coming straight from Madden 08 on the PC i have to say i hate the camera angle im just far too far back and it makes it harder for me to judge the on coming blitz, there's a serious amount of lag aswell. The running feel to the game is awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No matter how much I say I wont buy it I always end up getting it when my punk friend says he will ''whoop my ass with the vikings'' and ''you're not getting it because you are scared of my madden ability''.

Same with Fifa :o.
    Any difference apart from getting used to the controller?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055980542

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9251427/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|PS3|14419785/c_3/3|cat_14419785|PS3+accessories|14419800.htm

I played the demo today. On defence it just feels the you're completely uninvolved and just waiting for the play to run it's natural course.

The lack of a sprint button also feels quite strange

f1dan wrote: »
    I played the demo today. On defence it just feels the you're completely uninvolved and just waiting for the play to run it's natural course.

The lack of a sprint button also feels quite strange

I think you can make what you want of the defence plays. I try to get to the qb by using the right analog to roll off and push pass people and then if he throws I think you have much more control over your defence to make an interception.

Raoul wrote: »
    I think you can make what you want of the defence plays. I try to get to the qb by using the right analog to roll off and push pass people and then if he throws I think you have much more control over your defence to make an interception.

I do the same but definitely when defending run plays, I just feel like a bystander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

played the demo a bit over the last couple of days and am enjoying it. I skipped last years game so this is a biger step up for me than some of you

i can't get a running game going though except for pitch plays; my o-line don't seem to be interested in doing any blocking (or I could just be a bit rubbish)!

anyone know of any good pre-order deals?

Advertisement