Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Stev_o wrote: »
    Regards the invite. Do i expect it through Xbox Live or on the madden franchise website?

I have already sent it to you. You have to go to xbox live to accept it and then you can look at the franchise on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Anyone up for a game on the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone play the PSP version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

It looks like we mightnt have many more joiners

I reckon we should maybe get the ball rolling on starting it as the longer we wait those who have signed up might lose interest too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

kilns wrote: »
    It looks like we mightnt have many more joiners

I reckon we should maybe get the ball rolling on starting it as the longer we wait those who have signed up might lose interest too!!!

What has the quality of play been like online for others out there? I'm on a 15 Meg line with the cable plugged directly in, not sharing my bandwidth and it still sucks. Kicking the ball is impossible, I can't even score the point after touchdown thanks to it!

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    What has the quality of play been like online for others out there? I'm on a 15 Meg line with the cable plugged directly in, not sharing my bandwidth and it still sucks. Kicking the ball is impossible, I can't even score the point after touchdown thanks to it!

Kicking is a very difficult skill. I like to kick off so I can gauge where I have to press A for the bar to stop so when im attempting the PAT I have a better idea when to press the button.

Me and Junior D tried to get a game online going and it simply would not let us play each other. Lots of people complaining about it. Don't know if the problem will be in the franchise.

As for getting the franchise started I propose a draft date of the Monday 4th of Oct. at 9pm. This is the only time that suits everyone so far. Any earlier and we will lose out on two people for the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I got this. Can I play? :D

SantryRed wrote: »

I have no idea why but the way you asked reminded me of this:

I felt like saying "Grab a brush and join in!"

SantryRed wrote: »

Of course. Pmme your gamertag and I will add you as soon as possible. Also if you know anyone else that would be interested who is also on boards, give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

im not in country on 4th of october, so thats really not great for me

• Advertisement

When are you in the country?

i'm out of the country 1st - 17th of October. so anytime before or after

30th of September then maybe? Dont know how that suits everyone else

Raoul wrote: »
    31st of September then maybe? Dont know how that suits everyone else

I'm out of the country from the 27th of October until the 9th of November but I can play extra games before I go and after I come back if my opponents are fine with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

31st of September then maybe? Dont know how that suits everyone else

mmm...

30 days hath September etc....

I'd like to join this, but will be away for 3 weeks from 19th November

So unless it can be run off before then I'm probably out...

adrian522 wrote: »
    mmm...

PMME you gamertag and I will add you as soon as possible. Should be able to get the draft done before you are away and then you could get a few games in, probably not a whole season, still interested? And then you could come back after the three weeks and take the same team. Probably only miss 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If anyone is going away for a long period of time, they can leave the franchise and then rejoin when they return.

The games can either be simmed or the computer plays

kilns wrote: »
    If anyone is going away for a long period of time, they can leave the franchise and then rejoin when they return.

The games can either be simmed or the computer plays

How exactly does it work? Presumably after the draft our teams schedules are created. So we can see in what order we have to play our games. Do we have to all play at the same pace? Or say if I know I'm going somewhere can I play on a few games so I don't fall behind. If the opponent is willing to play that is.

If not I'd be happy for either CPU to play or for it to be simmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Sorry if this is just a thread for organising your online gaming.

Can someone tell me about catching an interception in Madden 11. I downloaded the demo last bight and time I tried to intercept my mates pass my defence dropped the most basic straight forward catches. I pressed Y (xbox) as it says but nothing different. Very annoying I could not steal possession.

darsar wrote: »
    Sorry if this is just a thread for organising your online gaming.

Can someone tell me about catching an interception in Madden 11. I downloaded the demo last bight and time I tried to intercept my mates pass my defence dropped the most basic straight forward catches. I pressed Y (xbox) as it says but nothing different. Very annoying I could not steal possession.

It's happened to me loads. It looks like they deliberately made it harder becuase it was too frequent in the last games. It is kind of crap when the ball is hung up in the air and theres nobody else in sight then your jackass player spills the ball. very annoying

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    mmm...

Im an awful eejit! Sorry. Fixed it, 30th!

ye i dont mind simming a few games while im away, but id like to be here for the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It's happened to me loads. It looks like they deliberately made it harder becuase it was too frequent in the last games. It is kind of crap when the ball is hung up in the air and theres nobody else in sight then your jackass player spills the ball. very annoying

I see. I thought I was doing something wrong. It'll take getting used to but enjoyed all round game I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PMME you gamertag and I will add you as soon as possible. Should be able to get the draft done before you are away and then you could get a few games in, probably not a whole season, still interested? And then you could come back after the three weeks and take the same team. Probably only miss 3 games

OK, I'm in GT = adro76

Just need to pick up the game now !!

1 - Raoul - Lions - Avaliable anytime for draft
    2 - Kilns - Jets - Avaliable anytime for draft
    3 - tallaghtoutlaws - Invite Sent - October
    4 - Wompa1 - Buccaneers - Anytime except Tuesdays
    5 - Junior d -
    6 - Steve o - Invite Sent
    7 - Evil Seed - Ravens
    8 - NTMK - Invite Sent
    9 - Danger_dave1 - Vikings - Tuesday not good for me. Thursdays after 9 are fine
    10 - McG - Gamertag: Sundalic - Last weekend in Sept.
    11 - Limpar - ElboW316
    12 - Adrian522 - adro76
    13 - SantryRed - Ben SFC

Just updating the list of users. I think anything over 12 is a good enough number for draft.

Atm the draft time is set for 9 pm 30th of September!

1 - Raoul - Lions - Avaliable anytime for draft
    2 - Kilns - Jets - Avaliable anytime for draft
    3 - tallaghtoutlaws - Invite Sent - October
    4 - Wompa1 - Buccaneers - Anytime except Tuesdays
    5 - Junior d -
    6 - Steve o - Invite Sent
    7 - Evil Seed - Ravens
    8 - NTMK - Invite Sent
    9 - Danger_dave1 - Vikings - Tuesday not good for me. Thursdays after 9 are fine
    10 - McG - Gamertag: Sundalic - Last weekend in Sept.
    11 - Limpar - ElboW316
    12 - Adrian522 - adro76
    13 - SantryRed - Ben SFC

Just updating the list of users. I think anything over 12 is a good enough number for draft.

Atm the draft time is set for 9 pm 30th of September!
    1st week of october would be best for me as I wont be here on sep 30th.

also where has this game, I went to Game and HMV today but neither had it for the 360.

There are a couple of other people that are away from the 1st of october. So far 30th of september suits the majority, sorry.

But if you register on the xbox then you can do the draft online.

I got mine in gamestop. Xtravision have them aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Im out dudes. Wont be near my 360 until October and have no way of even accepting the invite on the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Im out dudes. Wont be near my 360 until October and have no way of even accepting the invite on the machine.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    I'm the Dolphins

• Advertisement

Junior D wrote: »
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    I'm the Dolphins

Whats wrong with that?? :eek:

Advertisement