Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Raoul wrote: »
    Ah good thinking!! Definitely will be starting off with a lions franchise too.

Hey mikey where did you get your copy?

I got it in HMV for €45, but as I traded in UFC 2010 i got €22 off.

And I would definately be in for a fantasy draft franchine. Sounds like a great idea.

In terms of stories, after dominating the Broncos in week 1 with the Jags, I had a much tougher time against San Diego. With the score at 17-17 and around 90 seconds on the clock I had worked up to the red zone, went for glory... Pass tipped and intercepted by one of their Defensive Tackles, who proceeded to waddle uncontested the full 80 or so yards for the winning score. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Raoul wrote: »
    Anybody up for a fantasy draft franchise on Xbox live?

Sounds good to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Anybody interested in a PS3 Online Franchise?

Btw,the game is Ok. The lack of even a half decent franchise mode and some really crazy decisions like changing the strat pad,the kick meter ( Any bit of lag online and you WILL miss an extra point! ) and not being able to play ranked games against your friends hurts the game. I'd give it a 7.5.

Who says returning KO was impossible.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/30634006

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Stev_o wrote: »
    Who says returning KO was impossible.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/30634006

Eh? Who says that? I've returned a load of kickoffs for TDs and I'm far from the best player! Online it's even easier with human error added in.

• Advertisement

I see his difficulty was on custom.

Syferus wrote: »
    Eh? Who says that? I've returned a load of kickoffs for TDs and I'm far from the best player! Online it's even easier with human error added in.

Go check the Madden forums and you d see they all complain that its impossible to do which is bs.

The Custom setting is All Pro basically with pass rush turned down to 6 or 7 because my defence was getting picked apart by the AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Anyone have trouble with the servers on the ps3 yesterday?

Renn wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble with the servers on the ps3 yesterday?
    Not sure,but is it just me or are people having isues with lag? Ive had red bars the whole time,at my signal strength is 98%.

Not sure,but is it just me or are people having isues with lag? Ive had red bars the whole time,at my signal strength is 98%.

Yup had a game that was finished early because of lag they missed a PAT sure thats how bad the lag was!

• Advertisement

Anyone else think the interface totally sucks and is slow as hell?! Just had the game crashing during my Madden Moments session there. And didn't realise you have the manually save the bloody thing!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yup had a game that was finished early because of lag they missed a PAT sure thats how bad the lag was!
    I think it has to be the NAT Type. I'm currently NAT 2,due to UPC,but in Madden 10 online works fine? Maybe it's because the servers are jammed I don't know. I'm actually thinking of trading in the game,it's just Madden 10 again really.

Renn wrote: »
    Anyone else think the interface totally sucks and is slow as hell?! Just had the game crashing during my Madden Moments session there. And didn't realise you have the manually save the bloody thing!

Okay, it has crashed a number of times at this stage. Wondering if the same is happening other people on the PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Is there much of a difference between 10 and 11. is 11 worth gettin when i have 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

NTMK wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between 10 and 11. is 11 worth gettin when i have 10?

Apparently Franchise and Superstar are the same. Gameplay has been changed. I don't have the game, this is just a word of mouth thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

I'm playing a rake of postpatch backbreaker at the moment which is ace. I really liked Madden 10 but theres seems to be little or no difference between it and 11. Maybe when the playaction bugs have been fixed and it's half price (c.€25) I might pick it up. Until then I'd rather not give EA my €45! If you compare the differences in this releases and say the differences between Mass Effect 1 and 2 you realise what a rip off Madden 11 is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Is anyone is looking for a Franchise to join go to this site and post on here:

http://xbln.net/forums/index.php?/forum/23-madden-league/

Its a UK/Ireland based site, they have a couple of Franchises on the go as well as a Main league. Will also probably have some 3 v3 online team play going which looks to be fun. Its the only one I know of for this side of the water and I have been playing in their leagues for about 18months, they run it very well.

Everyone plays by the rules ( no going for it on 4th / fake punting / rolling out the QB on every play etc ), the usual crap you get with online games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Berty44 wrote: »

Its a UK/Ireland based site, they have a couple of Franchises on the go as well as a Main league. Will also probably have some 3 v3 online team play going which looks to be fun. Its the only one I know of for this side of the water and I have been playing in their leagues for about 18months, they run it very well.

Everyone plays by the rules ( no going for it on 4th / fake punting / rolling out the QB on every play etc ), the usual crap you get with online games.

I strongly recommend this place. Berty told me about it last year for Madden 10, so I looked around there a bit and it's organised perfectly. Unfortunately my Madden disc packed it in before I got a chance to take part. Have been looking for a similar place for PSN but unfortunately can't find it. So annoying playing online where they ALWAYS go for it on 4th down, even if they are on their own 10 yard line. :mad:

Played my first couple of online games last night, takes quite a while to complete one! Was nearly sure I was 45 mins playing the first one...

Berty44 wrote: »

Shall register now in a bit then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but can you play in Superstar mode as a kicker?

They removed the option in '10 and it bugged the hell out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Darelle Revis picked off Aaron Rodgers earlier for me and ran is back to the endzone.
    Then Gus said: ''WOWW!, GET THIS GUY A NEW CONTRACT!''

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

OKay, first off, I know very little about American Football. But I decided to give this game a try, and am starting to learn more about the sport and rules

Loving the game so far. My biggest issue so far is the fumbles. After a few games playing Pro, I switched to All-Pro (it was nice winning games by about 6 touchdowns, but I like a bit more of a challenge). But when there's a fumble and everyone jumps on the ball, I swear I've nearly broken the controller trying to repeatedly press the buttons to get the ball. It's hard enough repeatedly pressing the button without having to switch button every few seconds. It was hard enough doing it on Pro, but All-Pro is just damn near impossible.

I'll read through all the previous pages of this thread later, but if anyone has any tips and tricks for the game they'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

OKay, first off, I know very little about American Football. But I decided to give this game a try, and am starting to learn more about the sport and rules

Loving the game so far. My biggest issue so far is the fumbles. After a few games playing Pro, I switched to All-Pro (it was nice winning games by about 6 touchdowns, but I like a bit more of a challenge). But when there's a fumble and everyone jumps on the ball, I swear I've nearly broken the controller trying to repeatedly press the buttons to get the ball. It's hard enough repeatedly pressing the button without having to switch button every few seconds. It was hard enough doing it on Pro, but All-Pro is just damn near impossible.

I'll read through all the previous pages of this thread later, but if anyone has any tips and tricks for the game they'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

You can turn off the "Fight for Fumble" feature or whatever it's called. I think it's a ridiculous feature. When it's off, the computer decides who recovered the ball. Much better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Archimedes wrote: »
    You can turn off the "Fight for Fumble" feature or whatever it's called. I think it's a ridiculous feature. When it's off, the computer decides who recovered the ball. Much better imo.
    Yup - I do this too.

The game in general seems more like a tweaked version of Madden 10 (which in turn was like a tweaked version of Madden 09). There are a few added bits of commentary and a couple of extra features. The gameflow is ok imo, seems like it could have been designed better but in general its an alright edition. Doesnt have the "wow" factor last seen in madden 2009 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Archimedes wrote: »

Ah that's excellent man, cheers. It annoys me when the CPU gets interceptions, but far worse when I know I got to the ball first and lose it because I don't have a turbo buttoned controller

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I won a fight for the fumble earlier on All-Pro when the CPU should really have gotten the ball. Almost broke the controller.

Im starting to steamroller teams on All-Pro now with the Jags, still leaking scores but im putting up anywhere between 35-50 points each week, but the jump to All-Madden is just too much.

columok wrote: »
    I'm playing a rake of postpatch backbreaker at the moment which is ace. I really liked Madden 10 but theres seems to be little or no difference between it and 11. Maybe when the playaction bugs have been fixed and it's half price (c.€25) I might pick it up. Until then I'd rather not give EA my €45! If you compare the differences in this releases and say the differences between Mass Effect 1 and 2 you realise what a rip off Madden 11 is!

It's not a valid comparision - non-sport series outside of Guitar Hero and Rock have development times that are at least twice that of yearly sports sims. You can rightly lothe the yearly cash-in if you want, but don't discount the amount of work that has to go in at the coalface to make the game each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Syferus wrote:
    It's not a valid comparision - non-sport series outside of Guitar Hero and Rock have development times that are at least twice that of yearly sports sims. You can rightly lothe the yearly cash-in if you want, but don't discount the amount of work that has to go in at the coalface to make the game each year.

It's a valid comparison because the price point is the exact same. I can understand a €30 yearly update if there won't be huge gameplay tweaks. The answer to a smaller development window is having more staff. There is a clear difference in the work loads put into Madden 10-Madden 11 and any other AAA title of the same price point.

I will buy madden if the price drops (and its decently patched) but I'm really disappointed that after such a stellar last year this edition has such incremental improvements.

• Advertisement

columok wrote: »
    It's a valid comparison because the price point is the exact same. I can understand a €30 yearly update if there won't be huge gameplay tweaks. The answer to a smaller development window is having more staff. There is a clear difference in the work loads put into Madden 10-Madden 11 and any other AAA title of the same price point.

I will buy madden if the price drops (and its decently patched) but I'm really disappointed that after such a stellar last year this edition has such incremental improvements.

Madden and NCAA have huge staffs to get them out the door already - there is such a thing as budgets and minimum wage! Much of the money is tied up in the NFL licenses to begin with in any case. Every single year is an incremetal improvement - just because emotionally a certain new mode feels more value-added to you doesn't mean any less work went into the game this year as opposed to last.

It's not a valid comparision because you're not comparing like for like in anything but price - you can lambast it for being too pricey or for having less advancement per edition as a series like Mass Effect, but if you try to combine the two you have to ignore the fact that budgeting and development time are hugely different in those respective cases.

Advertisement