Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

McG wrote: »
    played the demo a bit over the last couple of days and am enjoying it. I skipped last years game so this is a biger step up for me than some of you

i can't get a running game going though except for pitch plays; my o-line don't seem to be interested in doing any blocking (or I could just be a bit rubbish)!

anyone know of any good pre-order deals?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madden-NFL-11-Xbox-360/dp/B0037HPSD2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280533033&sr=8-2

This is the best I have found so far. I find the running game is easy enough. You just have to get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Superbowl winning scenes this time round are spectacular. Even Obama makes an appearance!

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/36265/madden-nfl-11/videos/madden11_feat_src_lionswins.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

There's a different superbowl celebration scene for every team apparently

f1dan wrote: »
    There's a different superbowl celebration scene for every team apparently

I seen one for the Saints, it looked quite similar.

Still can't wait for this game now. Hope the online is a bit better. Was forever getting disconnected. Even though I think this was an EA server fault.

Raoul wrote: »
    I seen one for the Saints, it looked quite similar.

The scenes are the same, it's the commentary which is different. Whereas with the Lions they talk about how unexpected it was, the Saints one talks about the expectations, and back to back Superbowls. Fairly cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I like it
    Gameplay is definitely faster, the heatset commentry is cool but you'll probably tire of it

The fan chants are personalized, JETS, JETS, JETS in the demo

What about setting up a boards online franchise when this comes out??

Would anybody be interested?

I'd definitely be up for a PS3 one anyway. My Xbox is no longer with us.

Im an xbox man! sorry should have stated that earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

i might be up for online franchise on xbl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I also might be interested in an online franchise.

I love the running game on this so much, I cant wait to get my hands on Maurice Jones-Drew on Friday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

only got around to playing the demo of this lastnight. i've missed the last 2 maddens so this is a massive step up for me. it looks slick as ****. couldn't figure out sprint though. There's a lot more to do re audible, change up the defense line ups, puttin in subs. And I love the gameplan, it's gonna bring out the coach in everyone lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

evil_seed wrote: »
    only got around to playing the demo of this lastnight. i've missed the last 2 maddens so this is a massive step up for me. it looks slick as ****. couldn't figure out sprint though. There's a lot more to do re audible, change up the defense line ups, puttin in subs. And I love the gameplan, it's gonna bring out the coach in everyone lol

There is no sprint button! Only too right as all plays are done at full speed in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

one of the recent Bill Simmons podcasts had a guy on talking about Madden and all the new features/changes.It was a good discussion and i like the fact that downfield blocking is really important for running backs etc and that there is no sprint button.
    Also as previously mentioned the celebrations for the Lions winning the superbowl are off the hook.

Just a reminder, the game is out on Friday.

I'll be getting it on Friday, but can't play it for about 2 weeks due to exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Ive been playing the demo over the last couple of days and while the gameplay seems a little slicker than the 2009 version I have, Im still not sure there is enough there to warrant purchasing the new version.

I dont see the point of a gameplan for experienced players. I mean could anyone see themselves using it in competitive online play? There are so many variables when picking a play I just dont see how you could rely on a computer to do it for you no matter how much detail you went into in setting it up.

Also, Im not really liking the strategy pad thing. What was wrong with the old system? Is there any extra features available with the strategy pad that wasnt available with the old system? Maybe it just takes time to get used to.

I think ill just hold off until I see some reports appearing on here over the next week before I decide whether to buy or not.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just a reminder, the game is out on Friday.

I'll be getting it on Friday, but can't play it for about 2 weeks due to exams :(

I thought it wasn't out until the 20th. Can't actually find anywhere that says what date its out.

Edit - Yep, out this Friday. Have my theses due in a week. Still tempted to go get it though.

Post here if you have bought Madden 11 for the xbox and maybe after a couple of days we can get a franchise goin!!

Buyin it tomorrow evening, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Damn didnt think this was out this Friday. Have a few exams coming up soon so cant play it, will have to wait a few weeks more.

Anybody bought it yet? Cheapest place to buy?

• Advertisement

Bought it in Gamestop about an hour ago, haven't played yet. It was €50 (PS3) but I just traded in some old games to cover the cost of it.

Cheers, goin to have a look in extra vision and see if its cheaper. Will report back.

It gets my seal of approval :)

Calvin Johnson is a beast in it. I started off with a Lions franchise. Make sure you go to online mode first, and go to play a head to head so it downloads the updated rosters for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maurice. Jones. Drew.

That is all :)

Archimedes wrote: »
    It gets my seal of approval :)

Calvin Johnson is a beast in it. I started off with a Lions franchise. Make sure you go to online mode first, and go to play a head to head so it downloads the updated rosters for you.

Ah good thinking!! Definitely will be starting off with a lions franchise too.

Hey mikey where did you get your copy?

Oh man, just had an awesome game. I decided to stick with a franchise with the 49ers. Second game of the season, playing the Saints. I was down 31-10 going into the last quarter. I got a TD that was sandwiched between making them go 3 and out either side of it. Then they shut me out, but then on their next play, Patrick Willis intercepted a pass and returned it 60+ yards. There was 1:30 left, so I went for the onside kick, and recovered it. Alex Smith drove up the field in under a minute (thanks to some great work getting out of bounds) for a Frank Gore TD. What a fairytale.

Drew Brees then passed to Devery Henderson for a 75+ TD with about 25 seconds remaining. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Nothing to see here. Nothing, nothing at all! Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Loving this game really creating moments that you'd expect in any football season. Playing as the Ravens in franchise, first preseaon game against the Panthers and things were looking extremely bad. Had thrown two intercepts that were returned in the space of two minutes and conceded another soft TD. I was down by two TD's with no shape or structure to my game.

Then i got lucky with a long pass to Mason on the slant to go for . Thought okay this isn't bad ill go into HT down about two scores. Kicked it off just thinking ill create some pressure and hopefully run the clock down.

In steps Ray Lewis.

BAM!

Fumble. Regathered TD Ravens!!!!!!

The second half was all about sustaining a 2 point lead after a FG and god it was nerve racking.

Can't think of another sports game where iv had such a memorable moment and that was just my first game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

loving this game,the no sprint button is excellent and my Jets defence is fantastic,did anyone say Blitz:D

• Advertisement

Anybody up for a fantasy draft franchise on Xbox live?

Advertisement