Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Tuesday 4th June

After a fairly crap night sleep and a long day in work(sometimes it's not worth taking time off) was feeling fairly tired. Had made plans for an easy 50 mins run with a friend. Was very glad of the company as it was a bit if a slog today legs just felt a big flat but enjoyable all the same.
    After some discussions going to tweak my training plan slightly for the marathon.

Thursday 6th June
    Bit of a nasty day in work head was melted so hit the park right after work, Was planning on going down to tallagh again but just need to de-stress.
    45/50 mins run without a watch pace was a little quicker than usualy but felt nice today.
    Now sitting down to the diamond league for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

shels4ever wrote: »
    Tuesday 4th June

After some discussions going to tweak my training plan slightly for the marathon.

I can guess who you ran with? What did the oracle suggest ;)

TRR wrote: »
    I can guess who you ran with? What did the oracle suggest ;)

Yes the lad who only does 40 min runs. No major changes but won't do any faster runs, i was thinking of a mid week tempo to drop a bit if weight but will skip that totally now. Long runs need to be a bit faster than they have been and basically train more at the same pace until the weight comes off.
    To be fair he did start by saying I was mad to even try to run Dublin this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thursday 6th June
    Bit of a nasty day in work head was melted so hit the park right after work, Was planning on going down to tallagh again but just need to de-stress.
    45/50 mins run without a watch pace was a little quicker than usualy but felt nice today.
    Now sitting down to the diamond league for the night.

Everyone was doing the club race tonight, a hilly lap of tymon. Good job you didn't head down; it was tough :o

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Everyone was doing the club race tonight, a hilly lap of tymon. Good job you didn't head down; it was tough :o
    Just as well that's the last thing I need right now :) how did you get on

Just as well that's the last thing I need right now :) how did you get on

It was grand, just ran it at somewhere between tempo and race pace.
    From next week on there is a Race every tuesday for the next 6 weeks I think, you have to do 5 out of the 7 races to count in some prize giving at the end. I heard there is a mega pissup in the clubhouse after the last race :pac:

From next week on there is a Race every tuesday for the next 6 weeks I think, you have to do 5 out of the 7 races to count in some prize giving at the end. I heard there is a mega pissup in the clubhouse after the last race :pac:
    How far are the races? Wont be racing anyone of them but if i'm up on a tuesday might just run them at training pace. Always open to a piss up too :)

I'll definitely make the last race :)

How far are the races? Wont be racing anyone of them but if i'm up on a tuesday might just run them at training pace. Always open to a piss up too :)

Open to correction on this one but I think the longest one is 6 miles (2 laps of last nights course).
    The last one is on the track where the people are ranked into groups and do the 400m, 800m or 1 mile.
    Info is on the noticeboard of the clubhouse. Meetup is generally at 7 for 7:30 racetime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

****ing hell, we're going to have to take down those pedestrian bridges over the M50 :eek:

RayCun wrote: »
    ****ing hell, we're going to have to take down those pedestrian bridges over the M50 :eek:

Them's our bridges. You stick to your own little ****ty park :pac:

I'll alert border control, you guys can stick to the side of the park outside the M50 where you belong

RayCun wrote: »
    I'll alert border control, you guys can stick to the side of the park outside the M50 where you belong

Grand so, I'll alert security and make sure you guys don't make it anywhere near our track on a saturday morning. Stick to your own 'facility' in cherryfield :p

Grand so, I'll alert security and make sure you guys don't make it anywhere near our track on a saturday morning. Stick to your own 'facility' in cherryfield :p

You have to understand, we don't take our lives in our hands by travelling to Tallaght because we want to. But it breaks our hearts to see a facility like that go to waste...:(

Friday 7th June

Nice 40 mins in Corkagh again today. Just took it nice and easy as I'm not the best in the heat. There was some amount of pale Irish skin on show today.

Sat 8th June
    Another nice 45 mins in the park - got to love this weather.

Sunday 9th June
    70 mins today in Corkagh knew this was going to be a hard one when I woke today. Wasn't feeling the best and would have like to just sit in the garden for a few hours reading but managed to drag my ass up to the park.
    Took it handy for the first 40 mins and increased the pace slightly for the last 30. Was fairly hard going but the bottle of frozen water I put in my car before the run was pure bliss at the end.

Monday 10th June.
    Legs a bit tired but decided to walk into work for a bit of a recovery. Did a few easy miles after working and beer mile session. Won't go into much detail as this is posted in the beer mile thread. Funny part was that the beer mile was done in a faster time than some of my miles on yesterdays longer run. :eek:

Tuesday 11th June
    50 mins easy legs not playing ball today to kept the pace slow.

Wed 12th June
    Rest day- Felt like I had a check infection coming on bit of a rattle and a dad night sleep so taking today off.

Think the plan for tomorrow will be only 3 miles with a few strides. Think the pace plan for Friday will be my split from my last 400m from Monday night. Wasn't going to post the times here but Mondays run was 10:05 ?, TRR had the splits so feel free to post them here now ;)

This was a planned easy week in training which is good, once i get a longish run done on Sunday i'll be happy.

Think the pace plan for Friday will be my split from my last 400m from Monday night. Wasn't going to post the times here but Mondays run was 10:05 ?, TRR had the splits so feel free to post them here now ;)

splits in seconds

15-120-38-123-37-125-38-110

splits 1,3,5 & 7 were beer drinking. 2, 4 ,6 & 8 were 400 metre run. Beer drinking splits and running split remarkably consistent!

• Advertisement

Took it handy at the back-end of last week as I could feel a cold/chest problem coming on and wanted to be fit for the beer mile.

Sat 15th June
    Spent most the day on the sofa and garden and though about taking the day off. But got out for a 40 mins jog along the canal.

Sunday 16th June
    Still not feeling great but got out for 65 mins on grass. Need to get the finger out this week and get back into proper running. Beer intake last week was a bit of a joke so on the dry now for a while.

Monday 17th June
    45 mins nice and easy still recovering from the beer mile...

Tuesday 18th June

55 mins easy on grass, was 10 pm getting out the door for this one so a run in an empty park.

Wed 19th June
    2 miles easy on grass, stupid fecken rabbit hole fecked my ankle, hobbled back to the car and was just about able to drive home, lots of ice for the evening. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thursday 20th June
    Rest - unable to run more ice and more ice. :mad:

Friday 21st June
    Rest again today, able to walk again no major damage done but will take today off again and test it out tomorrow morning.

Bit of a crazy week in work last week, but happy to get out 6 days and keep ticking over. Some very late runs. This week will be back to normal.

Monday 1st July
    40 mins in corkagh pace was a bit slower than normal, had company for todays run which was nice. Have arranged a few running groups now so wont be doing to much running on my own from now on, might mean some early morning runs.

Tuesday 2nd June
    Popped down to the club but there was a race going on today. Did a few miles warmup and then one lap of the race and a warm down. Would have been a bit to much for me to do it all with the current state of fitness but good to run with a group.
    Prob just under 6 miles.

Wed 3rd June

40 mins easy in Corkagh today, legs a bit tired but a great day for running.

Thursday 4th July
    rest day

Friday 5th July
    45 mins run in Corkagh had company for the first 30 mins and pace was very easy but they dropped off at this point, increased the pace for the last 15 mins but noting to fast.

Sat 6th July
    50 mins easy in the nice heat :).

Sunday 7th July
    Late one today but got a nice 90 mins done, First run in a long time that finished in the dark.

Monday 8th July
    40 mins nice and easy in Corkagh nothing much to report.

Tuesday 9th July
    Just under an hour with the club again tonight ,suffered on this run from the start just didn't feel great, a bit to hot, no air tired legs....but managed to get around it and recovered a bit over the last 15 mins.

Wed 10th July
    50 mins easy, felt a little wrecked after yesterday.

Thursday 11 July
    Away at a wedding but managed to get an easy 40 mins done.

Friday 12th July
    Rest day

Sat 13th July
    Got out early for this run before the day got hot, but 22 degress at 8am is just mad :). A nice 50 mins but was working at the end.

Sunday 14th July
    Plan said 90 mins today, but was shagged after 60 mins and called it a day. :(

Monday 15th July
    45 mins in Corkagh this evening, Legs felt good and pushed the pace on a little over the last 15 mins nothing major.

Tuesday 16th July
    Doing to the club again tonight, Group were doing a shorter run this week (7k)a little bit faster. So took it easy enough for the first half and then left the small group I was running with and got back to the club house, then did another 15 mins on my own to get a bit longer work out.

Wed 17th July
    Planned rest day - Really felt like going out for a few miles today but need to make sure I get a long run done this week as they have been lacking..

• Advertisement

Thursday 18th July
    1 hour easy in corkagh, this was by far the best run of the year so far, held back the pace a little to ensure that I made the full hour but the legs wanted to run a bit faster. Finally starting to make slow progress but need to work a bit harder. Really funny to hear a weather warning for the weekend usually this means high winds and rain.. Think this weekend longer run will be an early start.

Advertisement