Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Friday 25th March
    6.5 miles with 4 miles @7:58 pace , felt a little harder then i had expected legs are just a little dead, But after a mile I was feeling good. Just need to add another 22.2 miles to this run :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    Friday 25th March
    6.5 miles with 4 miles @7:58 pace , felt a little harder then i had expected legs are just a little dead, But after a mile I was feeling good. Just need to add another 24.2 miles to this run :eek:

you doing a mini ultra ala Krusty?

you doing a mini ultra ala Krusty?

oooop :)
    Not a chance of ever doing an ultra...

Sat 26th March
    7 miles easy today on grass. 4 miles on my own then joined one of the lads from work for a few easy miles as he's just starting to run. legs felt good today.

Sunday 27th March
    13 miles easy enough , went into pheonix park for this one. Tired over the last 3 miles but happy enough with the week.

• Advertisement

Monday 28th March
    5 easy miles after work, leg felt tired but good. This week is going to be a down week as I won't be able to run for a couple of days from tomorrow.

Tuesday 29th March
    7 miles very easy today, felt tired but good also could have run 20 miles if i wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Tuesday 29th March
    7 miles very easy today, felt tired but good also could have run 20 miles if i wanted.

I'd love to know what that feels like!!

Enjoy your couple of days off :)

claralara wrote: »
    I'd love to know what that feels like!!

Enjoy your couple of days off :)
    Don't have many days like that myself either :).

Won't really be enjoying the days off , would rather I could run.

Will be missing a few more days then expected , but not really a major at the moment, should be able to get out for an easy jog on Monday and take it from there.

• Advertisement

Starting to get a frustrated now, still not able to run , cycle or swim. Looks like another couple of days before I can do anything.... hate following medical advise....

Sunday 10th April
    Easy 2 miles just to check things out, felt like going on for a bit more as the legs feel great, but need to take it handy for a couple more days, still have a few stitches that I dont want to mess with.

Monday 11th April
    3 mile easy jog really felt like doing a lot more but kept it to 3 miles. Will spend the rest of the week getting back into running maybe a longish run over the weekend, then back to normal next week.

Tuesday 12th April
    4 miles easy again, more like a runner today, Still not 100% but getting there.

Wed 13th April

Rest day, getting back into my normal rest day on wed.

Thursday 14th

5 miles easy, felt terrible legs dead just didnt enjoy one step.

Friday 15th

5.5 miles easy (sort of) couldn't slow down today , plan was for 9 min mile but pace kept drifting to 8:30/40 race, legs felt a tiny bit stiff due to lack of activity. But fully recoverd now so back into the swing of things next week.

Sat 16th April

5 miles very easy due to a few beers on friday.

Sunday 17th April
    Sat 6 miles very easy, felt like doing a few extra mile today.

Monday 18th April
    5 easy miles in the sun this evening, didn't feel great to start and pace was a bit slower then it really should be.

Will have 5/6 hard weeks now then will have 2 races to see how things are going.

Tue 19th April
    5.5 miles handy was a bit late getting out so took ages to get to sleep.

Wed 10th April

6 miles aprox today, weather was great felt back to normal today. Not too sure of pace as my garmin died after 2 miles. Didnt really want to stop.

Wonder if i do a Ryan Hall and write 2:04 on my runers what will happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Wonder if i do a Ryan Hall and write 2:04 on my runers what will happen...

would expect you to run faster than that for a half ;)

would expect you to run faster than that for a half ;)

If I get a downhill down wind course there is a chance i might, If i don't i'll blame my coach. ;)

• Advertisement

Thursday 21st April
    Stupid rest day today, so no running. But looks like a great day out there :(...
    Session of foam roller and stretching last night to keep thing in order. Going to make sure that I get this done most days from now on.

Friday 22nd April
    6 miles very easy, needed to stop twice to slow myself down.

Sat 23nd April

Nice 6 miles today pace felt easy again but the legs wanted to go faster. Had a bit of a fall after cliping a kerb after 800m but my ninja training came in handy to turn it into a forward roll. Perfect 10 for style....

Sunday 24th April

10 miles of totally uncontrolled mad running today. Just couldnt run slow for any long section of this run. Legs a little to fresh ended up stopping twice to stretch just to slow down. I knew it would catch up come mile 9/10 but still didnt feel bad.

Monday 25th April
    6 miles today but just felt to good. Found it very hard to keep the pace down and the longer the run went the better I felt. Needed to stop and stretch @ 4 miles just to slow down.

Tuesday 26th April
    7 miles with 4 mils @ 10mille/pace. Again the legs just didnt want to slow down, had company on today run which made it a lot easier. First mile warm up was easy then 4 miles tempo.
    Pace just got faster and faster but felt really easy talking all the way and was suprised with the pace for the last 2 miles. Havent felt this good in a long time. Found it hard to take the pace down for the 2 mile warm down. But a very enjoyable run.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

You seem to be flying at the moment, well done. You interested in doing the Walkinstown 5 ?? Maybe use it as a tempo run, if you dont wanna race it?. Are you around this Saturday for the RTE 5 ?

foleyalan wrote: »
    You seem to be flying at the moment, well done. You interested in doing the Walkinstown 5 ?? Maybe use it as a tempo run, if you dont wanna race it?. Are you around this Saturday for the RTE 5 ?
    Not going too bad at the momnet, but long long way to go. Won't be doing any racesl for anohter 5 weeks. Will do the lucan 5k on the 22nd and then Dunboyne 5mile on the 31st.

Wed 27nd April
    6 miles easy today. kept the pace really easy today and walked a couple of times when I was starting to speed up. Realy nice evening for running tonight perfect conditions.

Rest day tomorrow so a date with the foam roller tonight.

Thursday 28th April
    Rest day today, had a nice s&m session with the form roller last night and some stretching. Going to make sure I keep this up when I'm not injured as consistency is the key over the next few months. I know I can run alot faster then I have if I stay injury free and cut out the burgers.

• Advertisement

Friday 29th April
    8 miles easy today, Felt like I was running for hours today for some reason. Took it really handy and mixed up my usual route a bit, going to start running in a few more location to keep things fresh.

Advertisement