Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I wish it would rain here. The grass is rock hard, hasn't rained properly since March :rolleyes:

Have you nailed down any target for Berlin yet?
    Not setting any time goals for the Marathon at all, Just going to focus on the training for now then let the race take care of itself. Will decided on a pace plan closer to the race. But safe to say it will be somewhere between 2:59 -3:59.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    Not setting any time goals for the Marathon at all, Just going to focus on the training for now then let the race take care of itself. Will decided on a pace plan closer to the race. But safe to say it will be somewhere between 2:59 -3:59.

Sensible approach yeah. It's sneaking up on us now, 19 weeks from sunday :eek:. Finding a well timed half 5-7 weeks beforehand is proving quite the chore.

Sensible approach yeah. It's sneaking up on us now, 19 weeks from sunday :eek:. Finding a well timed half 5-7 weeks beforehand is proving quite the chore.

Yep it really is, only another 5/6 weeks left before the marathon plan will start. No half at all seems to fit in so might be just the 10 miler for me. Then a Half on my own at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

. But safe to say it will be somewhere between 2:59 -3:59.

More like 3:30 - 4:30 !!!!!!:D

foleyalan wrote: »
    More like 3:30 - 4:30 !!!!!!:D
    Thats your Marathon times not mine ;)
    03:30:41

• Advertisement

Sat 14th May
    6 miles easy revobery run , legs were a little stiff and tired mostly because I was working in the house all morning.

Sunday 15th May
    Nice 15 miler today , mixed up the surface a bit today just for a bit of balance with 9 miles on the grass and 6 miles on the road. Felt great for the whole run today and had to hold back over the last few miles. The prodigy arent really great for long runs....

15 miles @ 9:35 pace.
    Longest run since 2009 and first time ever in the 50 mile weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Sunday 15th May
    Nice 15 miler today , mixed up the surface a bit today just for a bit of balance with 9 miles on the grass and 6 miles on the road. Felt great for the whole run today and had to hold back over the last few miles. The prodigy arent really great for long runs....

That's excellent man, delighted to see you going so well.

Woddle wrote: »
    That's excellent man, delighted to see you going so well.

Not going too bad, been building it up slowly over the moments, but 19 weeks more to go so once I can stay injury free i'll be happy.

Nice running yourself today.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Sunday 15th May

Great running Mark, you around Saturday for a run at all?

• Advertisement

foleyalan wrote: »
    Great running Mark, you around Saturday for a run at all?

Will be doing an easy 5 on Sat and a 12 on Sunday if your around and can keep up?

Monday 16th May
    5.7 miles easy on grass today, pace might have beeen a little quick as the legs fet good, for some reason they forgot they ran 15 miles yesterday.
    This week is going to be an easy week with a little less miles.

Tuesday 17th May
    Decided to pop down to th club and just jog around what ever session they were doing, did a mile before everyone arrived then it was 6X800m plan was to be no faster then 8:40 pace and just jog around at the back. After the first rep I knew that wasnt possible, as I was running really fast, so left the group and just did easy miles on my own. Then met them for the warm down.

6.5 miles @8:50

Wed 18th May
    7 miles today in the park, met Krusty and a friend of his duing the first mile so decided to gatecrash their run today. Legs felt a bit tired towards the end and needed to stop and stretch out after 6 miles of the run Pace might have been a bit faster then planned. Rest day tomorrow :).

Thursday 19th May
    rest day, just usualy stretching and rolling

Friday 20th May
    Very early start with work today, by the time I got out to run I was wrecked, took a short nap in the car and woke up 45 mins later. The run wasnt much better just a 6 mile slog, only started to feel good after 5 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

sounds like a step back week was definitely required!

sounds like a step back week was definitely required!

Was thinking the opposite until today, Felt a bit too easy this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

just wait until you are doing 60 mile weeks with speed work thrown in as well. Enjoy the easy week ;)

just wait until you are doing 60 mile weeks with speed work thrown in as well. Enjoy the easy week ;)
    Bring it on....

Sat 21st May
    4 handy miles on grass today, wind and rain was a pain in the a** but felt 1000% better then yesterday. Felt like going on for a few more miles but kept to plan.

• Advertisement

Sunday 22nd May
    12 miles handy today first six was in wind rain and the most pianfull hail ever... 6 six was in great sunshine. Found it hard to slow down today and legs felt great.

12 miles @ 9:05

Monday 23rd May
    6 easy miles after work, legs felt great and kept the pace nice and easy.

Tuesday 24th May
    Plan was for 7 easy miles but needed to be out he door early as i had a wedding to go to , never managed to get out as the OH had other plans, so have to change my week around a little.

Wed 25th May
    10 great windy miles today, felt great all the way round and kept the pace very even at 9:05 m/m.

Thursday 26th May
    6 miles @ 8:30 pace today, legs a little tired from yesterday and wasnt really feeling the love today. Going to move my long run to Sat this week to give the legs a few days to recover before Tuesday.

Friday 27th May
    7 miles @ 8:30 pace felt 1000 times better then I did on yesterdays run, had company today and picked up another runner mid run who tried to kill us with a quick mile.

Sat 28th May
    Easy 14 miles @ 9:30 pace got a little tired over the last 2 miles but nothing major.

Sunday 29th May
    7 very easy miles today, forgot to charge the garmin so no idea of pace but felt really easy. Decided to see how the legs felt for the last half mile and just increased the pace a little.

Nice easy run and some strides tomorrow and then a will see how the legs feel on Tuesday, Plan for now will be to go out at 7:20\30 pace for the 5 miles and run an even race, but will play it by ear.

Just noticed that i've run more this year now that I did for all of 2010 , it really was a crap year last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Your training seems to be going well there! You haven't missed a session and you're doing a lot training which is CONSISTENT!

Keep it up... will be following ur thread with interest now and trying to emulate your consistency in my training.

Monday 30th May

4 easy miles today with 6X80m strides to stretch out the legs, Was only starting to feel good when the run ended.

Tuesday 31st May
    Arrived early enough for todays race to get a nice warmup done, met up with Beepbeep for a chat before as he set out for yet another pb.
    Managed just under 2 mile warmup and some strides but the legs were feeling tired, but thats to be expected after a big week last week.

Decided to stick to plan and see how I felt as the race went on. Once the race got going it took about 800m to get into the running but was feeling good and relaxed and just under target pace(7:20).
    Was sitting at the back of a nice group after a mile but once we got to 2 miles, I was feeling good so pushed on a little. Once I increased the pace I felt very strong and started to pace group after group. I was half expecting to get tired at some point but it just never came and actually got faste the longer the race went.

1. 7:17
    2. 7:12
    3. 7:04
    4. 7:04
    5. 6:58

5 miles 35:28

Very happy with this run tonight, fastest 5 miles since '99 and a 4 mile pb on the way too. Only need to add another 21 miles to this......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Absolutely delighted for you. If anyone deserves a good run tis yourself. Fairly jealous though :D but still delighted.

Advertisement