Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Monday 21 Feb
    7 miles very easy on roads, longest road run in a long time but the legs feel fine.

I've given up total control over my training for the next 30 weeks.. So will see how TRR Intermediate Marathon program works.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

shels4ever wrote: »
    Monday 21 Feb
    7 miles very easy on roads, longest road run in a long time but the legs feel fine.

I've given up total control over my training for the next 30 weeks.. So will see how TRR Intermediate Marathon program works.

How are the legs after Saturday? I am only going back out today. Push a bit hard and really felt it. I think my next race will be the MSB 5k now. Have you done it before?

stmochtas wrote: »
    How are the legs after Saturday? I am only going back out today. Push a bit hard and really felt it. I think my next race will be the MSB 5k now. Have you done it before?

Legs have been tired but I didnt kill myself in the race, but still took a few days to recover felt more like a 7 miles race then 5 with all that mud.
    I've never run it myself but it should be a fast course I think.

Legs have been tired but I didnt kill myself in the race, but still took a few days to recover felt more like a 7 miles race then 5 with all that mud.
    I've never run it myself but it should be a fast course I think.

Cool, the race was long anyway, but ya it felt like a 7 miler. Fast course hmmm maybe sub-21 will happen so.

Cool, the race was long anyway, but ya it felt like a 7 miler. Fast course hmmm maybe sub-21 will happen so.

Wasnt that long for the lads I caught running on the pitches to keep out of the mud :(... But yep had it at almost 5.3 miles too.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 22nd Feb
    6 miles today with the club with (3x2(250m))x3 sets of hill reps, was a but of a strange session but enjoyed it. Kept the pace easy and right at the back of the group.

Nice long warm down after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Where the sets 3 by 200? Or 3 by 2 minutes?

Prob didnt write that well, it was about 500m out and back over the same hill so 2 climbs on each rep.

Full session was

3X500
    2 min
    3X500
    2 min
    3X500

Pace was easy about 8:30 pace.

Wed 23 Feb
    Rest day.

Thursday 24th Feb
    Nice 8 miles @9:20 pace in the park today, had to keep an eye on the pace through the mid section as I was starting to run a bit too quick. Great day for it today nice and warm.

• Advertisement

Friday 25th Feb

5.6 miles @8:20 pace today on grass , legs are feeling good at the moment so hope this keeps up. Plan is to really give the Garda XC a go next week.

Sat 26th Feb
    6 miles handy, Was a bit late getting out today so the last 3 miles were almost in the dark.

Sunday 27th Feb
    12 miles today on grass, felt terrible for the first 8 miles and was very slow, then started to recoverand feel good for the last 4 miles when the pace picked up a little, At the end could have kept going.

12 @9:55 pace .

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Nice finish to the ALSA XC last week, you looked fast.

foleyalan wrote: »
    Nice finish to the ALSA XC last week, you looked fast.
    Wasnt too bad, just need to sort out the other 4.75miles of the race then i'll be ok. Though it was funny with the guy waving to the camera as I passed him.

Monday 28th Feb
    6 miles easy tonight @ 9:30 pace, was out in the dark again so ended up doing multiple laps of a 1.2k field as there was a bit more light.
    Legs a little tired think i'll skip the club session tomorrow and so an easy 6 again.

Tuesday 1st March
    Had some company for the run today which was great, legs felt good but still think skipping the session was a good idea. Pace should have been a little slower but felt really really easy.

7 miles @ 9 min pace

Wed 2nd March
    8 miles aprox easy today kept the pace slow but garmin dies after 4 miles so no idea of exact pace but in the 9:30/40 range. May have run slightly more then 8 miles also but not much.
    Legs were feeling great and had to slow down in the last few miles.

Though it was funny with the guy waving to the camera as I passed him.

I thought he was trying to stop you passing him!! You running this Saturday?

I thought he was trying to stop you passing him!! You running this Saturday?
    Yep taking it easy the next 2 days and going to give the race on sat a lash, are you ?

• Advertisement

Thursday 3rd March
    Rest day today, just some work on the foam roller after work, really wanted to go for a run today looking at the weather. Tomororw will be a short slow run then race on Sat :). 4 miles is a much easier race distance then 4 so going to go out a lot harder then the last few races. Plus I like this course.

Thursday 3rd March
    Rest day today, just some work on the foam roller after work, really wanted to go for a run today looking at the weather. Tomororw will be a short slow run then race on Sat :). 4 miles is a much easier race distance then 4 so going to go out a lot harder then the last few races. Plus I like this course.

Good luck in rest tomorrow. Wont be there myself, heading out tonight. Heading out for speed work session now as i didn't get out with club on Wednesday night. Done feck all this week.:mad:

Good luck in rest tomorrow. Wont be there myself, heading out tonight. Heading out for speed work session now as i didn't get out with club on Wednesday night. Done feck all this week.:mad:

you wont hold on to any of your family records with that type of week. you'll need to up your game ;).

4.5 very easy miles today , Didnt wear the garmin today so no idea of pace. Legs felt a little stiff but usually feel like this after a rest day. Can't wait for tomorrow now, would be nice if there was a bit of rain tonight :).

4.5 very easy miles today , Didnt wear the garmin today so no idea of pace. Legs felt a little stiff but usually feel like this after a rest day. Can't wait for tomorrow now, would be nice if there was a bit of rain tonight :).

Good luck tomorrow ...

Good luck tomorrow ...

Are you not running?

http://journeyto1070ft.wordpress.com/

Nope. But hoping to get back quick. Popped it Wednesday.

http://journeyto1070ft.wordpress.com/

Nope. But hoping to get back quick. Popped it Wednesday.
    ]
    Sorry to hear that hope its not too bad..

Sat 5th March
    4 miles garda XC today in perfect condition, got a nice log mile warmup done, and its the first race in a long time that I felt fresh at the start. The course was 1 small lap and two large laps to the plan was to go off harder then the last few races and try to increase the pace over the latter stages.
    Race went really well for the first small lap and the first large lap, have never passed as many people in a race pace was @ about 7:30 averave and feeling really good. I had planned to try and increase the pace with a mile to go, but my right calf was feeling very tight so didnt rick it over the last 800m.
    Was passed by 4-5 people on the run in but didn't even try to go with them.

Just under 4 miles in 29:45 would have taken this beofre the start.

No major problem with the calf just been extra careful.

Have run this race for the last 3 years and was a bit suprised that this was the fastest i've run.

2009 = 00:30:24
    2010 = 00:31:32
    2011 = 00:29:42

• Advertisement

Sunday 6th March
    6 miles very very slow today, Took it extra handy. Iced the lower calf lots last night and felt great on today run.
    There is a slight stifness in the calf but nothing major, Will just take the pace extra easy the next few days. Another good week in the bank now, so happy the way things are going so far.

Advertisement