Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

tbh i think people are seriously underrating reynecke here, he has been impressive in the loose every time hes played. gpes through some amount of carries and has had his share of turnovers too

his throwing is shaky at times but to be fair it was solid v munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

freyners wrote: »
    tbh i think people are seriously underrating reynecke here, he has been impressive in the loose every time hes played. gpes through some amount of carries and has had his share of turnovers too

his throwing is shaky at times but to be fair it was solid v munster

I'm a Reyneke fan, his throwing is decent enough tbh and he puts in a great shift in the loose. Wears his heart on his sleeve. We do need a 3rd hooker, always good to have the option. As I said already, we've been lucky that both have been injury free this season. During the 6 nations last year we had to bring Loughney on as hooker in a game because Cronin was on Irish duty and Flavin was injured. Needless to say, that didn't end well

I'm a Reyneke fan, his throwing is decent enough tbh and he puts in a great shift in the loose. Wears his heart on his sleeve. We do need a 3rd hooker, always good to have the option. As I said already, we've been lucky that both have been injury free this season. During the 6 nations last year we had to bring Loughney on as hooker in a game because Cronin was on Irish duty and Flavin was injured. Needless to say, that didn't end well

im not disputing the need to have a 3rd quality hooker on the squad, in fact its necessary becase as you pointed out, if one gets injured, your a heartbeat from disaster. my post was more aimed at people who are dismissing reynecke as a journeyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Could Eddie O Sullivan be next out west?

I could have sworn i saw him at the game on Saturday, anyone else see him?
    How long is Eric contracted for? Assistant coach O Sullivan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

SparKing wrote: »

Yeah he was on TV in a big close up (and he's going a little grey the poor bloke).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

My only fears would be if Eddie would out grow the assistant tag pretty quickly and try to dictate the operation, and the other fear is that he would bring back George Hook with him back into a Connacht management role.

In all seriousness though, it would be great to have him on board. To have Eddie working with the young backline we have could produce something special. You can be assured that they will be well drilled anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Funk It wrote: »
    My only fears would be if Eddie would out grow the assistant tag pretty quickly and try to dictate the operation, and the other fear is that he would bring back George Hook with him back into a Connacht management role.

Eddie O'Sullivan or Eddie the eagle?:D

more seriously, I totally agree we need a 3rd hooker, in case of injuries, and to prepare Flavin retirement. I'm not underestimated Raynecke, on the contrary he is for the moment a 1st choice in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Connacht season ticket details came out today:

app_full_proxy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Logged in ok- clicked "Buy Packages" and then get nothing.. :confused:

Hate com-pu-ters

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

its_phil wrote: »
    Connacht season ticket details came out today:

Jaysus that's great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

wprathead wrote: »
    Logged in ok- clicked "Buy Packages" and then get nothing.. :confused:

Hate com-pu-ters

Not available until the 29th......

Meteoric wrote: »
    Not available until the 29th......

I also hate calendars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Best purchase I made last year

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

.ak wrote: »
    Jaysus that's great value.

Can some one post the details?

I cant view the image posted thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Great move with the prices and discount scheme. I'll be renewing despite most likely living further afield next season.

I see in the Advertiser today that Griffin is injured so Tonetti will be at 13, Vainikolo on the wing. Loxton played at full back for Galwegians last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

cuculainn wrote: »
    Can some one post the details?

I cant view the image posted thanks
    http://www.connachtrugby.ie/season-tickets-201213

Details are all here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ah, its only 3 free pints next year, for the HEC matches, none for the RD12 games... :(

I'll still be renewing though... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ah, its only 3 free pints next year, for the HEC matches, none for the RD12 games... :(

Yer man running it made a HUGE hit on it unfortunately. And is suffering I believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

and only if Connacht compete in the HEC next year. None in Amlin games

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

and only if Connacht compete in the HEC next year. None in Amlin games

Please don't mention that possibility! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,963 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's great value, for my Munster membership, Rabo and H/C terrace tickets it costs me €316.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Yer man running it made a HUGE hit on it unfortunately. And is suffering I believe.

Took a huge hit?
    Doubt it, more than likely sponsored by Heineken as they are a minor Connacht sponsor, works out at less than 600 kegs I reckon, but at a fiver a pint he did ok from the payers, it was a great introductory offer though in fairness. Great offer for next year in fairness.

I thought that bar was run directly by Connacht Rugby- hence why couldn't avail of pint over in the Main Stand in Dog Racing bar?

I'm all over this new offer- shame about no free pint, but sure i don't mind dipping my hand in the wallet

Be nice to get along to the B&I Cup games

Do you think the "Free transport" is for people from around the Province to get to our home games- or for us to go Lim/Dub/Belfast for the away inter-pros

im sure fatguy2k1 will be able to answer that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cracking offer lads, the province are doing great stuff in terms of marketing/promotion. Hopefully better results on the pitch can follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Took a huge hit?
    Doubt it, more than likely sponsored by Heineken as they are a minor Connacht sponsor, works out at less than 600 kegs I reckon, but at a fiver a pint he did ok from the payers, it was a great introductory offer though in fairness. Great offer for next year in fairness.
    I'm not sure how much of a hit is involved but I'm pretty sure they underestimated two things: 1) how good the average Connacht season ticket holder is at minding their vouchers and how ingenious they are at getting it to a drinking attendee if they're not using it; 2) how low bar sales can be when you've a full house in terraced stadium where people are afraid of losing their spot and it's awkward to get in and out.
    I thought that bar was run directly by Connacht Rugby- hence why couldn't avail of pint over in the Main Stand in Dog Racing bar?
    The Clan Bar is run by Simon Heaslip who is a member of the Connacht Professional Game Board and owns Massimo (along with being involved in Róisín), with the profits going to the Connacht branch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's also worth noting that the cost of licensing such an operation increased quite dramatically during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

thats presuming we are in the HEC next year!
    i will be getting mine asap also great value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

Do you think the "Free transport" is for people from around the Province to get to our home games- or for us to go Lim/Dub/Belfast for the away inter-pros
    just a guess to be honest, but i would say it be for home games. no point collection money for the other provinces.

• Advertisement

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    just a guess to be honest, but i would say it be for home games. no point collection money for the other provinces.

that is what I was thinking, be great to get buses from Sligo / North Mayo region

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement