Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

First time I've ever seen a 7-table-point match!

Where both teams score 4 tries and one gets a losing bonus point.

Super match. Unlucky for Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Wow... well done to the lads for fighting until the end. Great work from Henshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Once again a dodgy refereeing decision costs us! We really haven't had the breaks this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

No, it isn't. He's not obstructing anyone if he's playing the ball

The question is whether he clearly released. I wouldn't say he did. But his position is not indicative of a penalty.

Apologies so, I though when you get back on your feet you had to be onside to compete, or does a ruck have to be called first?

Either way, not supporting his weight and didnt release either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

That man Henshaw; no way he will be living in Galway come next Summer.

Yes he will, he's in college!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

A lot of Munster, Leinster and Ulster supporters are suddenly going to see what all the fuss about Henshaw has been about......absolutely outstanding performance from him!! Dave McSharry said in an interview recently that Robbie seems to be getting bigger every week and it's showing in his play, he's so powerful in contact!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Actually he will be and he doesn't want to go anywhere else

couple of annoying decisions by the ref but if Priestland could kick we wouldnt have had a hope

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

So Connacht need just 5 points from four games to reach their highest ever total in the league.

Its not European qualification but its a worthy goal for the rest of the season.

Combine that with three HEC wins and it will have been a pretty good season for Connacht.

contracted for another two years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

freyners wrote: »
    Apologies so, I though when you get back on your feet you had to be onside to compete, or does a ruck have to be called first?

Either way, not supporting his weight and didnt release either

The tackler can't be offside.

Whether or not he released is more relevant. Didn't seem to when I was watching, but maybe from the refs perspective there was daylight.

Either way, Williams was brilliant today and that was a crucial penalty. Probably man of the match, not sure who the official recipient of that award was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Again, he has recently signed 3 year contract and he happy playing for us

He had smashing game today

S12b wrote: »
    A lot of Munster, Leinster and Ulster supporters are suddenly going to see what all the fuss about Henshaw has been about......absolutely outstanding performance from him!! Dave McSharry said in an interview recently that Robbie seems to be getting bigger every week and it's showing in his play, he's so powerful in contact!!

Dave Mac had a brilliant game today also imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Just hit 10,000 post on this thread. Connacht team talk/ rumors/ gossip II

The tackler can't be offside.

Whether or not he released is more relevant. Didn't seem to when I was watching, but maybe from the refs perspective there was daylight.

Either way, Williams was brilliant today and that was a crucial penalty. Probably man of the match, not sure who the official recipient of that award was.

Apologies so, in that case i was wrong on that.

Looking back on it, in no way did he release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

New thread here.

Absoluvely wrote: »
    New thread here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1f79yya10cYsK0s5KoPBi1CXczyJWtsSzyg0LkjTVV4-MjXevvg
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

S12b wrote: »

Always thought he has a lot of potential to be honest. Even Schmidt was name-dropping him as a possible candidate for the 13 jersey now that BOD has retired. He'll definitely get his due recognition over the next few seasons, I'm sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

couple of annoying decisions by the ref but if Priestland could kick we wouldnt have had a hope

Still a horribly overrated player in my opinion. Don't get the big deal about Priestland...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1f79yya10cYsK0s5KoPBi1CXczyJWtsSzyg0LkjTVV4-MjXevvg
    :P

It probably is time though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Took nearly 4 years since we started the thread to get to 10,000. Connacht rugby has come a long way since then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement