Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »
    How long will 5 boxes last? A very rough calculation if large bags go on offer BOGOF for 88 nappies for €15.50 the amazon ones for 88 nappies come in at €16.30. I am sure your petrol costs more than 80c!! Plus omg nappies are sooo heavy especially if you have your babies with you!!

Yep youre right! the last time I tried carrying 6 large packs through Dundrum pushing a double buggy at the same time! lol... I swore never again! Tried getting another 5 boxes there but they have a limit of 5 per customer :(... gonna try using my OH account!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Yep youre right! the last time I tried carrying 6 large packs through Dundrum pushing a double buggy at the same time! lol... I swore never again! Tried getting another 5 boxes there but they have a limit of 5 per customer :(... gonna try using my OH account!

You could do with an empty double buggy just to carry the nappies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Pumpkin patch have free delivery until midnight and also a range of discounts when you spend certain amounts on full priced items :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

How long will 5 boxes last? A very rough calculation if large bags go on offer BOGOF for 88 nappies for €15.50 the amazon ones for 88 nappies come in at €16.30. I am sure your petrol costs more than 80c!! Plus omg nappies are sooo heavy especially if you have your babies with you!!

Would the amazon nappies be ok. From looking at some of the reviews some people seem to think they are defective batches that they are selling

Would the amazon nappies be ok. From looking at some of the reviews some people seem to think they are defective batches that they are selling

I always find amazon great to deal with. If there is something wrong you just print off a free label and send them backhand get a full refund. I would say the nappies are perfect. Different nappies suit different bums. Pampers were going great for us (size 4) then suddenly leaked :( I got the next size up (4+) at the weekends tesco, tried them again last night and woke up to another leaked nappy :(

Look at the amount of 4 or 5 star reviews. I have bought pampers from amazon and had no problems

• Advertisement

The last 2 mornings our fella has woken up 2 hours earlier than normal with his nappy soaked (not leaking, just at full capacity). We were getting 10 hours out of them but he must be weeing more or something. I wonder would it be worth getting him the next size up just to try at night?

The last 2 mornings our fella has woken up 2 hours earlier than normal with his nappy soaked (not leaking, just at full capacity). We were getting 10 hours out of them but he must be weeing more or something. I wonder would it be worth getting him the next size up just to try at night?

That's what I did but I think our baby must just pee soooo much at night. He got his nappy changed at 7.30pm and I usually change him at around 7.15 am. The previous night I had a dunnes own brand size 4 and perfect.

Scared now! Have ordered 10 boxes!!

Scared now! Have ordered 10 boxes!!

Honestly don't be scared :) read the 700+ positive reviews :) I don't blame tesco and say I have a defective batch. I just think babies can go through stages where different brands work better :) I have to say I found the size 1s pampers great which I bought from amazon

Pumpkin patch have free delivery until midnight and also a range of discounts when you spend certain amounts on full priced items :)

Mrspostman we have some pumpkin patch baby clothes and I find them a big fit (compared to other brands) which us great for us! He is still in 6-12month for pumpkin patch. I am going to guess he will be in 2-3 years next summer in normal brands. (He is in 9-12 or 12-18 now). My question is....do you know is size 2 really like a 2-3?

• Advertisement

The pumpkin patch stuff I ordered last week arrived today, I LOVE the quality but I haven't tried any of them on him yet (he's way too spewy this afternoon to risk it :) )

Jaysus, these baby sizings are bloody complicated! In some places size 2 means 1-2 and in others it means size 2-3 :confused: I suppose the only way around it is to do order big, at least that way you are guaranteed they will fit at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I always find amazon great to deal with. If there is something wrong you just print off a free label and send them backhand get a full refund. I would say the nappies are perfect. Different nappies suit different bums. Pampers were going great for us (size 4) then suddenly leaked :( I got the next size up (4+) at the weekends tesco, tried them again last night and woke up to another leaked nappy :(

Look at the amount of 4 or 5 star reviews. I have bought pampers from amazon and had no problems

I bought size 3 earlier from looking at this thread. Then went back and looked at the reviews and while there was overwhealmingly 5*, all of the latest reviews were all 1* with people saying they were leaking, tearing etc so I went back and cancelled. Maybe was just the last batch or something

I bought size 3 earlier from looking at this thread. Then went back and looked at the reviews and while there was overwhealmingly 5*, all of the latest reviews were all 1* with people saying they were leaking, tearing etc so I went back and cancelled. Maybe was just the last batch or something

Well I can tell you I am always tearing the tabs (not the sticky ones) off the pampers in this house that I buy in tesco! And they leak too :( I honestly think people were being too heavily handed (like me!!) and for me dunnes are working better at the moment :)

Cross your fingers for me so that I haven't wasted a hundred quid!!

Cross your fingers for me so that I haven't wasted a hundred quid!!

Honestly you haven't :) if there is anything wrong with them amazon will take them back for free and will refund you. And tbh they are great I got my nappies sooooo cheap off them because there was a problem with my amazon family!!! If there is a problem you can chat to them online :)

Actually do you what, if you live chat with them and if they have the items in stock they just send them out straight away and then you post back "broken" items. I did this with one if those baby dreamshow gadgets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

We always order our Pampers from Amazon every month and haven't had a problem yet. :)

We always order our Pampers from Amazon every month and haven't had a problem yet. :)

I just realised if you look at the reviews and press "newest first" they are great reviews :)

I am so thrilled as I am looking to get a playpen and missed out when this one was €50 in argos
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1574690/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYPEN.htm

I am so thrilled as I am looking to get a playpen and missed out when this one was €50 in argos
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1574690/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYPEN.htm

That is fantastic value!

• Advertisement

That is fantastic value!

Yes it was €50 for a while then went up in price :( I was holding out till now! I reserved mine in dundrum;) It seems to be the same dimensions etc as baby dan one. Also reserved a glo worm for my niece because it brought back the memories!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I have one it was a gift but my lad kept been a dare devil so never used it now its just sitting there going to waste...

I have one it was a gift but my lad kept been a dare devil so never used it now its just sitting there going to waste...

I defo need it as travel cot is going to childminder. Plus it's always good to have a "baby jail"!!! Especially with the dogs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I thought it would be great baby jail but my lads beyond animal I'm convinced... Iv it up on adverts but no one wants it...

I thought it would be great baby jail but my lads beyond animal I'm convinced... Iv it up on adverts but no one wants it...

Gosh, I think they're great :) and €44 for me is a bargain

The pumpkin patch stuff I ordered last week arrived today, I LOVE the quality but I haven't tried any of them on him yet (he's way too spewy this afternoon to risk it :) )

Jaysus, these baby sizings are bloody complicated! In some places size 2 means 1-2 and in others it means size 2-3 :confused: I suppose the only way around it is to do order big, at least that way you are guaranteed they will fit at some stage.

Mrspostman thanks a mil for posting the deal. I just did my pumpkin patch order and got size 3 because I ordered 3 pairs of shorts! And 1 t shirt in a size 2. I also got an extra €5 off :)
    I only paid €22.96 and shorts are dressy shorts (if there is such a thing!!)

I am very confused over the sizing because I find the things we have are big fittings :confused: but then I looked at the size chart and compared it to tescos and pumpkin patch were shorter but wider?? Anyway age 3 will fit him at some stage :)

Can't wait till my boden clothes, I ordered another jumper the next day and they gave me free delivery to Ireland as I explained the whole parcel motel situation. With the code I posted earlier you also get a free 7 pack box of boden socks and a notepad as a welcome gift!

The stuff I ordered from PP was all 6-12 months. They are big fitting but when I held 2 of the tshirts up against each other, one was about an inch and a half longer than the other :confused: Not to mind, they're lovely anyway and I'll get good wear out of them :)

The stuff I ordered from PP was all 6-12 months. They are big fitting but when I held 2 of the tshirts up against each other, one was about an inch and a half longer than the other :confused: Not to mind, they're lovely anyway and I'll get good wear out of them :)

Boden stuff arrived and it's stunning! Got my box of free ladies socks too :) which I thought was a nice touch.
    6a00e54ef704a888330120a6793a4f970b-800wi

Tesco have those big 65 wash boxes for fairy non bio powder detergent in again. They are €11.37 and on "special price". They seem to now be in all Tescos, great value

• Advertisement

Jojo maman bebe have a few bargains in their outlet. They offer free delivery to Ireland with no minimum spend. http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pu+jojo+outlet+1

I ordered cutie little booties (look very similar to shoobees) for €4!!!!
    http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+pirate-leather-baby-booties-in-baby+d2050

Advertisement