Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Millem wrote: »
    Did they work out €5 off as a % of €25?

looks that way. I got two emails. The first said my order has been dispatched but only listed half the items originally ordered. Then I got ano one about 5 mins later advising of the cancelled items. On the dispatch email at the end it says
    You have saved a total of €6.63 VCH-14-ROI LAUNCH €5 OFF €25 FTS -€2.88

(I also got one 3 for 2 offer hence the €6.63)

on the cancellation email it has at the end €2.12 taken against the total refund. so it comes out that the cancelled items come to €29.50 but I only got a refund of €27.38 :confused: the reminder of the order still going through comes to €32.50 so I don't know why I wouldn't get the full €5 off the order. very unimpressed with the whole thing. with twins and being back at work most of my clothes shopping happens online these days, and I was really looking forward to using the F&F site....but not now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

looks that way. I got two emails. The first said my order has been dispatched but only listed half the items originally ordered. Then I got ano one about 5 mins later advising of the cancelled items. On the dispatch email at the end it says

on the cancellation email it has at the end €2.12 taken against the total refund. so it comes out that the cancelled items come to €29.50 but I only got a refund of €27.38 :confused: the reminder of the order still going through comes to €32.50 so I don't know why I wouldn't get the full €5 off the order. very unimpressed with the whole thing. with twins and being back at work most of my clothes shopping happens online these days, and I was really looking forward to using the F&F site....but not now!

I hear you! It was such a joke! I am not bothering ordering from them again. It took 2 phone calls to get my delivery refunded and 2 emails to get a new €5 off code. They told me some story that the money is just on hold from bank but isn't taken and that they only take what they dispatch :confused::confused::confused: if you are stuck for clothes littlewoods have nice things and they usually always have some sort of sale ;) 4KAJF gives you 10% off orders of €40 and it works on sale stock. Debenhams are also doing a good sale with a lot of items reduced by 50%

I hear you! It was such a joke! I am not bothering ordering from them again. It took 2 phone calls to get my delivery refunded and 2 emails to get a new €5 off code. They told me some story that the money is just on hold from bank but isn't taken and that they only take what they dispatch :confused::confused::confused: if you are stuck for clothes littlewoods have nice things and they usually always have some sort of sale ;) 4KAJF gives you 10% off orders of €40 and it works on sale stock. Debenhams are also doing a good sale with a lot of items reduced by 50%

oh jesus they're certainly not stuck for clothes! Lol I was just buying ahead when I saw some of the bargains - had it all gone to plan they would've had pram suits, jumpers and cosy tracksuits for the coming winter. As it is I got bibs, a few different leggings (always handy esp when they start crawling to even put over other clothes to keep them clean!)and sets of vests. Also got a new born set for a friend, some shoes and a scarf for myself. I really like littlewoods ladybird actually - decent size wise, washes well and they.do colours other than pink for girls!

oh jesus they're certainly not stuck for clothes! Lol I was just buying ahead when I saw some of the bargains - had it all gone to plan they would've had pram suits, jumpers and cosy tracksuits for the coming winter. As it is I got bibs, a few different leggings (always handy esp when they start crawling to even put over other clothes to keep them clean!)and sets of vests. Also got a new born set for a friend, some shoes and a scarf for myself. I really like littlewoods ladybird actually - decent size wise, washes well and they.do colours other than pink for girls!

Sorry I meant to say stuck for clothes in a certain size! Not that they didn't have any clothes!!! :D I figured you were buying ahead of yourself like me :)

Sorry I meant to say stuck for clothes in a certain size! Not that they didn't have any clothes!!! :D I figured you were buying ahead of yourself like me :)

:D yeah buying ahead. All the presents of clothes we got are coming to an end. The practical stuff of winter woolies are next on the list. No point buying for next summer as I have no clue size wise what will fit - for ages they were lagging behind for eg at 4 months still comfortably fit in 0-3. But since starting solids they've grown like weeds! 7 months now and it won't be long before they are out of 6-9mth clothes - doubtful that they will get to 9 months in any.of them! Thats why I was thinking winter was a sensible purchase - they have fron Nov to probably March so if I get 12 mth size they have a good chance of wearing them! And at €4 for a pram suit and €2 for a jumper it wouldn't be a heart breaker if they only wore them for s few weeks. Alas it was not to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I see on the facebook site there's loads of people pi55ed off with the irish site. Keep at them, especially through facebook.

The 100 words 'contact us' thing is new, I hate those things, I usually send a screen shot of my problem when I complain to a company and those things mean you can't do that.

Best way to teach them is return the entire order to the store and get a refund for the delivery, then they will take notice.

If you really are getting nowhere, call a large store and ask to speak to the clothing manager, they can feed the issues higher up.

I know loads of people who are ordering their entire school uniform, hope f-f can deliver that or they will hear about it.

I have noticed that some things are scanning dearer / cheaper online, I compared style numbers and they are def the same item, ie not just black leggings. All items scan at the same price in store at the same time, but loads of stores have little or no staff so the stock is not checked to see if it has been reduced in price at the same time. There's one store near me that we all shop at as the stock id 75% off but still looks like its full price in the shop.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I see on the facebook site there's loads of people pi55ed off with the irish site. Keep at them, especially through facebook.

The 100 words 'contact us' thing is new, I hate those things, I usually send a screen shot of my problem when I complain to a company and those things mean you can't do that.

Best way to teach them is return the entire order to the store and get a refund for the delivery, then they will take notice.

If you really are getting nowhere, call a large store and ask to speak to the clothing manager, they can feed the issues higher up.

I know loads of people who are ordering their entire school uniform, hope f-f can deliver that or they will hear about it.

I have noticed that some things are scanning dearer / cheaper online, I compared style numbers and they are def the same item, ie not just black leggings. All items scan at the same price in store at the same time, but loads of stores have little or no staff so the stock is not checked to see if it has been reduced in price at the same time. There's one store near me that we all shop at as the stock id 75% off but still looks like its full price in the shop.

I found that the same thing scanned at different prices in different stores (tallaght and Nutgrove). I was in Nutgrove yesterday and this is marked and scans in at €6 http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/marvel-spider-man-zip-through-hoodie/kd413424
    I have an email address that I have been complaining to it's clothing@tesco.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I found that the same thing scanned at different prices in different stores (tallaght and Nutgrove). I was in Nutgrove yesterday and this is marked and scans in at €6 http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/marvel-spider-man-zip-through-hoodie/kd413424
    I have an email address that I have been complaining to it's clothing@tesco.co.uk

I've emailed F-F@tesco.co.uk as this is where the original email came from telling me about the new irish sitr. Sent the email Friday evening so if I haven't had a reply by tomorrow morning I'll try the clothing@tesco.co.uk one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

For any of you complaining by email, perhaps a link to this thread might be useful. I'm raging for yous but grateful to you for posting your experiences cos it's saved me the bother of even trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

I got a reply from the contact form.

Not very satisfactory!

Will never use them again

Dear Supa

Thank you for getting in touch.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to you. We do try to answer our customers’ in a timely manner and I am sorry this has not been the case on this occasion.

I am also very sorry that you were unable to order lots of different items on our F&F Site. It has come to light that there was a mistake made on the website. Lots of items that were no longer available were uploaded in error and as we do not have the stock, we had to remove them from the site.

I understand that this is very disappointing, please let me reassure you that my Business Support Team have fed this back to the Business to make sure that this kind of mistake does not happen again. I do hope this information helps, please do let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thank you, have a lovely day.

Kind Regards

Nicolle Rankine

Clothing Custome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I got a reply from the contact form.

Not very satisfactory!

Will never use them again

Dear Supa

Thank you for getting in touch.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to you. We do try to answer our customers’ in a timely manner and I am sorry this has not been the case on this occasion.

I am also very sorry that you were unable to order lots of different items on our F&F Site. It has come to light that there was a mistake made on the website. Lots of items that were no longer available were uploaded in error and as we do not have the stock, we had to remove them from the site.

I understand that this is very disappointing, please let me reassure you that my Business Support Team have fed this back to the Business to make sure that this kind of mistake does not happen again. I do hope this information helps, please do let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thank you, have a lovely day.

Kind Regards

Nicolle Rankine

Clothing Custome

Gosh they really don't give a fudge do they!? What about the hour it 2 you wasted on the site that you could've been doing something else! I know I could've been enjoying a movie in bed with OH after the kids were put to bed but instead I spent it in their cruddy website! I'm raging... They just don't care!

Fwiw when I asked them just to cancel my order (€60 yet only a €3 tshirt is what was dispatched) they said they can't cancel orders and id just have to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Mine seems to have dispatched. It's a crazy system though. I was on hold with them when I tried my order one last time. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to use them again.

Anyone know if anywhere has Fairy non bio on offer? I don't mind liquid or powder.

Roesy wrote: »
    Mine seems to have dispatched. It's a crazy system though. I was on hold with them when I tried my order one last time. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to use them again.

Anyone know if anywhere has Fairy non bio on offer? I don't mind liquid or powder.

Tesco tallaght have a massive 65washes powder for either €11/€13 but I have not seen in any other tesco. Normal tesco have 40 washes powder for €10. Super value have the same box for €10.50. I could of sworn I saw the liquid on special in dunnes but can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Gosh they really don't give a fudge do they!? What about the hour it 2 you wasted on the site that you could've been doing something else! I know I could've been enjoying a movie in bed with OH after the kids were put to bed but instead I spent it in their cruddy website! I'm raging... They just don't care!

Fwiw when I asked them just to cancel my order (€60 yet only a €3 tshirt is what was dispatched) they said they can't cancel orders and id just have to get it!

I got a similar email, but they refunded postage, sent me a new 5 euro off, and told me to keep the 2 t-shirts that were despatched. I sent complaint on the online form thing. What a mess of a site!

barremic wrote: »
    I got a similar email, but they refunded postage, sent me a new 5 euro off, and told me to keep the 2 t-shirts that were despatched. I sent complaint on the online form thing. What a mess of a site!

Did you get a full refund?

Yea if you got a refund I'll be delighted for you but even more annoyed with their customer service as when I said I wanted a refund and didnt want the t.shirt they said they couldn't refund me and is have to keep the t.shirt. They offered me a €5 voucher INSTEAD of refunding the delivery which i refused and said I wanted the delivery refunded
    As they voucher would be no good to me because I wouldn't be using their site again.

Yea if you got a refund I'll be delighted for you but even more annoyed with their customer service as when I said I wanted a refund and didnt want the t.shirt they said they couldn't refund me and is have to keep the t.shirt. They offered me a €5 voucher INSTEAD of refunding the delivery which i refused and said I wanted the delivery refunded
    As they voucher would be no good to me because I wouldn't be using their site again.

Me too. What is the story with the money that was taken for the full order?

[/B]

Me too. What is the story with the money that was taken for the full order?

Well Im guessing that would just be automatically refunded as the items weren't dispatched?

Just checked my account there. They didn't take money for full order. Just €6.95 (delivery abd t.shirt) and then refunded the €3.95 to the account.

• Advertisement

Just checked my account there. They didn't take money for full order. Just €6.95 (delivery abd t.shirt) and then refunded the €3.95 to the account.

Yes I am the same my batman shorts and lion shirt came to €2.93 :) they still haven't fixed the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Piquant Baby in Powerscourt Center have a sale at the moment. They've some really nice clothes and old fashioned (wooden) toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uli84

For older children, homestore & more has duvet covers half price till end of July. Not sure of quality but some nice patterns

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/childrens-duvet-covers/icat/spewigig10

uli84 wrote: »
    For older children, homestore & more has duvet covers half price till end of July. Not sure of quality but some nice patterns

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/childrens-duvet-covers/icat/spewigig10

I have adult duvet covers and they are good quality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

For those of you getting somewhere with tesco re refund of postage, how are you contacting them? Need to complain but wondering which avenue is best

I went to order a pile of things yest, when I went to checkout I had to remove almost half but still had nearly €30 worth so didn't mind paying postage. Got dispatch email today and cancellation email for most of the remaining things. So I'm getting .50c tshirt and €4 dress and delivery charge!!

barneyrub wrote: »
    For those of you getting somewhere with tesco re refund of postage, how are you contacting them? Need to complain but wondering which avenue is best

I went to order a pile of things yest, when I went to checkout I had to remove almost half but still had nearly €30 worth so didn't mind paying postage. Got dispatch email today and cancellation email for most of the remaining things. So I'm getting .50c tshirt and €4 dress and delivery charge!!

I rang them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uli84

If Anyone is stuck for toy storage - heatons has some cheap ones

http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/school-bus-ottoman-in-yellow/285749/1502040400

Think I also saw a blue one

Got my tesco clothes delivery today :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

www.theessentialone.com are having a sale on some of their jackets and pramsuits. Only a few items are included in the sale but they're good value and the quality of their stuff is AMAZING :) I bought a load of their sleepsuits and vests for my little boy before he was born, they are pricey but absolutely gorgeous. Only problem is they never seem to change their stock so it's just the same stuff over and over :(

Advertisement