Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Strange that they only cancelked some of your orders when they completely cancelled mine :confused: I know for sure that some of the things I ordered were in stock as they were full price stock.....

And on another note, my order came to over €50 and when I was going through the inital payment phase, delivery came up as free but after I entered the discount code, the delivery charge was added back in (even though the total was still over €50) so not much of a saving there anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Strange that they only cancelked some of your orders when they completely cancelled mine :confused: I know for sure that some of the things I ordered were in stock as they were full price stock.....

And on another note, my order came to over €50 and when I was going through the inital payment phase, delivery came up as free but after I entered the discount code, the delivery charge was added back in (even though the total was still over €50) so not much of a saving there anyway....

I won't be ordering from them again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Me neither. The code wouldn't even work for me. It's a shame tho coz the clothes were lovely and so cheap :(

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Me neither. The code wouldn't even work for me. It's a shame tho coz the clothes were lovely and so cheap :(

Sligo1 you had to register your account first then go to checkout. I am defo never ordering from them, I will just have a nosey when I am in Nutgrove. I would say clarehall have some great bargains they have a huge clothing section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Thank god I read all that. I seen the bargain details. opened up a Tesco page a registered. then continued to read what the rest of ye said re cancellation so have swifty closed that web page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

The tesco clothing site completely messed me around too. Twice I got to checkout and it would say one of my items was now out of stock so I'd remove it and then press checkout and the same thing would happen until each of my 14 items bar one was gone out of the basket.

Just saw an email from Pumpkin Patch. They are having an in store sale today only with accessories from €1 and clothing from €3.

Any idea when the next pampers offer is? :)

Any idea when the next pampers offer is? :)

Tomorrow week (hopefully) :)

Millem wrote: »
    Tomorrow week (hopefully) :)

Thanks. :). I've been buying them full price the last month :( and gonna have to buy another pack today. I'm not a stinge but I hate buying them knowing they'll prob be half price in a few days!

Thanks. :). I've been buying them full price the last month :( and gonna have to buy another pack today. I'm not a stinge but I hate buying them knowing they'll prob be half price in a few days!

O lol :D they are €10 per pack in dunnes (€10.37 in tesco) at the mo so 2 packs for €20 as opposed to €15.50......not the worst deal if you are stuck :)

• Advertisement

O lol :D they are €10 per pack in dunnes (€10.37 in tesco) at the mo so 2 packs for €20 as opposed to €15.50......not the worst deal if you are stuck :)

O that's grand so! Thought in tesco it was 2 for €25! Thanks a mill :)

O that's grand so! Thought in tesco it was 2 for €25! Thanks a mill :)

Sorry dunnes is pampers baby dry but tesco is pampers active fit.
    Dunnes also have new baby size 1-3 2 essential bags for €15
    size 1= 90 nappies
    Size 2=112 nappies
    Size 3= 100 nappies
    Not bad if you only want to use pampers considering newborns are rarely on sale.

Does anyone know if the Dunnes 9 for €9 huggies wipes offer is only in selected stores? I was in the Jetlands in Limerick today and they had the usual offer of 5 packs for €6 but the single packs were full price and no mention of any other offers :(

Does anyone know if the Dunnes 9 for €9 huggies wipes offer is only in selected stores? I was in the Jetlands in Limerick today and they had the usual offer of 5 packs for €6 but the single packs were full price and no mention of any other offers :(

It's on in every dunnes. Here is the leaflet it's on page 13 http://www.dunnesstores.com/pws/client/pdf/Offers_In_Store_23-07-2014_12-08-2014.pdf
    In tesco today they had 65 washes of fairy non bio powder detergent for €11ish or €13ish (can't remember exactly). It had a big yellow label saying "special prize". Offer is valid till sometime in aug.

Thanks milem I was trying to find that brochure online :) They were probably just sold out so, ill have to go back at the crack of dawn on monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

yeah I think its a bit sucky that free delivery applies to the items after all promos and discounts have been applied. So basically any sale stuff or 3 for 2 won't count. I originally had a great stash of stuff but like others each time I clicked checkout something else was out of stock but if you went back into the item you could still order it. Website is a serious head wrecker. I got some nice stuff for €1 & €2 and a lovely tracksuit for each of the girls for €6 and some other bits. but I think they need to sort out the delivery charge (should be just spend €50 end off not only on full price stuff) need to allow delivery to a store and definitely sort out the head wreck that is their website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco are doing the 80 packs of huggies @ 1.12, and the 64 pack sizes @ bogof. They have 4 or 5 different pack types. I just bought an entire card (12) in Maynooth for 13.44- along with other shopping- and then used a Supervalu tenner off a 50 spend- to bring it down another bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

guys I ordered 30 Euro worth of really cheap f and f clothes the other night and the website was playing up alright, I had to check out really quickly or stiff kept coming up as out of stock.
    I got confirmation and nothing was cancelled later.

but remember you can return all your order to a Tesco store and they will refund the delivery cost. It's in the t and c s on the website.

the clothes may be put on sale I'm the store to so you could end up buying them there!

deff write an email to customer services and complain, giving details. f and f are really proud the launch of the site ireland, tell them what standards we expect !

all the summer swings and slides in Tesco are reduced the moment or will be drastically reduced by Monday. I got a trampoline for 39 Euro, it's a tiny 4 ft one but had net etc so seems safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

We use Water Wipes on our new born, they are reduced to €2 in Tesco, works out cheaper than buying the multi pack

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    guys I ordered 30 Euro worth of really cheap f and f clothes the other night and the website was playing up alright, I had to check out really quickly or stiff kept coming up as out of stock.
    I got confirmation and nothing was cancelled later.

but remember you can return all your order to a Tesco store and they will refund the delivery cost. It's in the t and c s on the website.

the clothes may be put on sale I'm the store to so you could end up buying them there!

deff write an email to customer services and complain, giving details. f and f are really proud the launch of the site ireland, tell them what standards we expect !

all the summer swings and slides in Tesco are reduced the moment or will be drastically reduced by Monday. I got a trampoline for 39 Euro, it's a tiny 4 ft one but had net etc so seems safe.

There isn't any email address to complain to, you either have to ring or just contact them via a contact box that allows only 1000 characters :( I sent a major stinking email off to customer service in the uk, whether they'll reply or not is another story....

I was in tesco dundrum yesterday and they had a few items of clothing. Very few. But they had a wee pair if leggings that I had ordered online (€2.50 online) abd they were €5 in store. Was the sale only for online shopping??

I was in tesco dundrum yesterday and they had a few items of clothing. Very few. But they had a wee pair if leggings that I had ordered online (€2.50 online) abd they were €5 in store. Was the sale only for online shopping??
    Did they scan in at €5?

Did they scan in at €5?

Yep. I scanned them on the check scanner things and scanned at €5. :(

Yep. I scanned them on the check scanner things and scanned at €5. :(

My mum is always complaining of clothes scanning in more expensive in different stores.

Mr price have loads of different thomas the tank engine, Barney and fireman Sam DVDs for €1.49 they are 30mins each. Aldi have the tommee tippee weaning spoons for 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Tried the F&f site one last time. Made me remove a couple of items but the order has seemed to go through. Fingers crossed as there are a few nice bits and bobs.

Roesy wrote: »
    Tried the F&f site one last time. Made me remove a couple of items but the order has seemed to go through. Fingers crossed as there are a few nice bits and bobs.

I hope it goes through for you. Fingers crossed. Mine went through and got confirmation email... But then they cancelled it a day later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

There isn't any email address to complain to, you either have to ring or just contact them via a contact box that allows only 1000 characters :( I sent a major stinking email off to customer service in the uk, whether they'll reply or not is another story....

go on to their fb page and complain. my mate did, no resoonse as yet. must follow her lead and do the same - half my order was cancelled too and they reduced my €5 off €25 to €2.86 for some unexplained and unfathomable reason (total spend evrn with the cancellations was still over €25 :confused: ) maybe if enough of us bitch at them in public they might respond?

• Advertisement

go on to their fb page and complain. my mate did, no resoonse as yet. must follow her lead and do the same - half my order was cancelled too and they reduced my €5 off €25 to €2.86 for some unexplained and unfathomable reason (total spend evrn with the cancellations was still over €25 :confused: ) maybe if enough of us bitch at them in public they might respond?

Did they work out €5 off as a % of €25?

Advertisement