Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

yellow hen wrote: »
    Funny, when you say he might be in it until he's 3, I'm kind of convincing myself to get it. He's our first baby so I'm hoping there'll be at least one more to come which means the highchair will be in use at the same time. Also, the booster seat wouldn't be the most comfortable thing for permanent use. More of transporting around to granny's etc.

We'll be having a third birthday in November- and will definitely be using it until then!! And that's with the baby set- so it'll be used as a chair well after that. If I was in your position, I'd probably buy the Hauck! It seems like good value, and the reviews online are great

Millem wrote: »
    The cleaning is the reason I want the tripp trapp. I presume you put the harness in the washing machine? I really am not into copies in general tbh, granted I have never seen the hauck one or any or the other copies in the flesh. My mum could never understand why I paid €250 for my ugg boots but 2 years later they were still perfect! The same went for my bugaboo until she pushed it :)

I do throw the harness in the washing machine (I think- it's been a while!). I actually find that because the straps sit quite high, they don't get as dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

jlm29 wrote: »
    We'll be having a third birthday in November- and will definitely be using it until then!! And that's with the baby set- so it'll be used as a chair well after that. If I was in your position, I'd probably buy the Hauck! It seems like good value, and the reviews online are great

I'm an awful sucker....just bought it! :o

Let us know what it's like!! Though my brother ordered one the other day, so I'll see it in the flesh!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kandr10 wrote: »
    Displays fine for me. Has it been fixed?

Yes- link fixed..........
    There was I giving serious thought to the Dalek Alarm clock :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

has gone up in price? Just realised it is now on free delivery so really still the same price :)

jlm29 wrote: »
    I do throw the harness in the washing machine (I think- it's been a while!). I actually find that because the straps sit quite high, they don't get as dirty.

Does the harness come off easily or does chair have to be dismantled?

Does the harness come off easily or does chair have to be dismantled?

Nope! Just clips off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

has gone up in price? Just realised it is now on free delivery so really still the same price :)

yeah it had gone up but I still thought it was so reasonable.

Further reductions in m&s sale. I found Instore better than online. They have some lovely little girl outfits for €8.50 and boy dungarees for €12 which are not online. Dundrum has lots of sizes left :)

• Advertisement

Box of 74 Pampers size 1 nappies on amazon £5.45 (€6.70)on amazon at the mo. This is a bargain for anyone with a new baby or pregnant. Less than 10c a nappy! This is with the 5% subscribe and save (you can cancel subscription straightaway) if you are a family member they are only £4.59!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008QUB4O2/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=baby

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Sorry about the starwars alarm clock ......i wanted to buy for my OH lol. I got some nivea suncreams very cheap too. I got a kids pocket 200ml for £1.50
    Suncreams

Pampers size 2 74 pack £6.27 on amazon (even cheaper with amazon family) 10c a nappy bargain
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D1X5M5Q/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=baby

I have just discovered amazon warehouse deals! Lots of baby things that are perfect but maybe not in orginal box! Saw the above nappies even cheaper £5.75 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pampers-Baby-Size-Jumbo-Nappies/dp/B00D1X5M5Q/ref=sr_1_263?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1400882782&sr=1-263

I picked up some good deals on weaning products in tesco. The aptimal baby rice banana flavour and apricot flavour (4-6 months) are half price €1.74, they have big boxes of muilipa whole grain cereal (8 months+) half price and 25% off the tommee timpee explora soft spoons (4 months +) €4ish. Aldi have reduced their tommee tippee timpee spoons 6 for €1.49 (6 months plus). Dunnes also have half price tubs of cow and gate puréed fruit and rice (4 months +) €1.12.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I picked up some good deals on weaning products in tesco. The aptimal baby rice banana flavour and apricot flavour (4-6 months) are half price €1.74, they have big boxes of muilipa whole grain cereal (8 months+) half price and 25% off the tommee timpee explora soft spoons (4 months +) €4ish. Aldi have reduced their tommee tippee timpee spoons 6 for €1.49 (6 months plus). Dunnes also have half price tubs of cow and gate puréed fruit and rice (4 months +) €1.12.

Very handy, thanks!!

I got the weaning portion trays, eight individual portion cups with lids that fit into a tray, only 4.99, exactly like the clevamama ones. Really handy for freezing baby food.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Very handy, thanks!!

I got the weaning portion trays, eight individual portion cups with lids that fit into a tray, only 4.99, exactly like the clevamama ones. Really handy for freezing baby food.

Are they the tesco own brand ones? I had coupons that tesco sent me for the muilipa so bought it today even though it's 8months+! I would recommend everyone to sign up the tesco baby club! Got a €1.50 off any pampers coupon, so I will be saving it for when they are BOGOF! Also got a free Ella's kitchen banana flavour with my coupons too! I got 4 bowls with lids in dealz €1.49 and got a milk powder travel dispenser for €1.49 too! It looks exactly like the avent one!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Are they the tesco own brand ones? I had coupons that tesco sent me for the muilipa so bought it today even though it's 8months+! I would recommend everyone to sign up the tesco baby club! Got a €1.50 off any pampers coupon, so I will be saving it for when they are BOGOF! Also got a free Ella's kitchen banana flavour with my coupons too! I got 4 bowls with lids in dealz €1.49 and got a milk powder travel dispenser for €1.49 too! It looks exactly like the avent one!

Yep the tesco own brand, just as good as the other ones I have.
    Must sign up to tesco baby. I signed up to aptimal clubl and they sent out two €0.50 coupons for baby rice.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Yep the tesco own brand, just as good as the other ones I have.
    Must sign up to tesco baby. I signed up to aptimal clubl and they sent out two €0.50 coupons for baby rice.

Defo do, I also get a €1 off coupon for white comfort, €1 off persil small and mighty non bio, and a free super milk 1 litre. I have had two sets of these so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

make sure you tell Tesco how many kids you have, you get double vouchers for 2 kids, though at age 3 the vouchers are a but crap as no more nappy vouchers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    make sure you tell Tesco how many kids you have, you get double vouchers for 2 kids, though at age 3 the vouchers are a but crap as no more nappy vouchers!

How do you tell them that, I just checked tesco.ie but don't see anywhere to update it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Aww I'm so annoyed now that I said I only had one. I should have said I had triplets! :D

Aww I'm so annoyed now that I said I only had one. I should have said I had triplets! :D

Lol why not sign your OH up to it!! I got sent money off vouchers for size 3 nappies, but we are on size 4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

tommycahir wrote: »
    How do you tell them that, I just checked tesco.ie but don't see anywhere to update it.

you join the club seperate to your account. on the home page, its a light blue box in the middle!

Just back from tesco rathfarnham they have the Braun thermoscan thermometer half price €32.50, also mam and tommee tippee soothers half price, 1 box 180 size 3 cheeky bots nappies €19, baby plates €1, tommee tippee bowls €1ish all in clearance section. In a different clearance aisle they had loads of different baby food all half price, every brand and every type and lots of different ages, great dates too, 2015/2016! I got different flavours of baby cereals for different ages in muilpa and cow&gate.

For anyone buying SMA tins, they brought out a new tin and of course its still 900g but its €11.99 in Tesco, they are on offer for €10 in Dunnes.

Time to stock up.

Other stores will no doubt follow when the older tins sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

For anyone buying SMA tins, they brought out a new tin and of course its still 900g but its €11.99 in Tesco, they are on offer for €10 in Dunnes.

Time to stock up.

Other stores will no doubt follow when the older tins sell out.

Do you know if that includes the one for the first six months ...? I assume not. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭xalot

Smyths have 10% off today.

Their Angelcare movement monitor is reduced to 84.99, with the extra 10% off that's €76. nearly €40 off rrp. Dont have one myself but if I'd seen one at that price I'd definitely have gotten it!

Do you know if that includes the one for the first six months ...? I assume not. :(

No the red and yellow tin were normal price, but still cheaper than the new tin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Large bags pampers baby dry are 7 in dunnes :) less tthan half price

Advertisement