Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

flas wrote: »
    where can you get tuborg on tap?

lots of pubs in Tallaght are running it as a trial at the moment anyway, I imagine they have reps all over dublin.., 3:45 a pint and it's decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

texasgal wrote: »
    ** a very envious texasgal here **

Howdy!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭texasgal

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Howdy!:cool:

Howdy back at ya! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Slumming it with 6 cans of Beamish tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Headless dog on cask in Mulligans. Not too bad but going back to Galway hooker. I need the hops!!!

• Advertisement

According to the people in Mulligans, O'Haras pale ale will be on cask very soon there !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Had the Krombacher Dark beer last night in the Porterhouse last night. Wasn't overly impressed.

Had 2 Dark lagers in the Czech Inn but don't know the name of them. The barman wasn't very friendly!!

Can anyone tell me the name of the dark lager in this place? It was on draught

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Herold Dark is certainly one. Absolutely beautiful beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    They'll turn it into another Bavaria / Dutch Gold at that rate.
    its being flogged at e3.30 a pint in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

2 x duvel

2 x la chouffe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Miller atm,would love to try duvel sometime,8%.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Had a bottle of Weissenoher Bonator and a bottle of Thornbridge St Petersburg Imperial stout earlier.

Enjoyed the Bonator. I love Doppelbocks in general. This one was more carbonated than most.

The imperial stout was only 7.7% which is quite weak compared to other imperial stouts I've had so the taste wasn't that different from any other strong stout such as Porterhouse Celebration or Belhaven. Very nice though.

Yesterday was a Brewdog day (as well as brewing myself). I had all 4 in the IPA is dead series as well as their collaboration with Mikkeller called I hardcore you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Saermegil

I know that the Czech Inn have Herold Dark on tap usually, can't think of their second one. Maybe Saris, a Slovak beer?

They have Zlatý bažant but I have not had it yet so I don't know if its the dark one or the light one. Their website lists Šariš dark but I did not see it last time. It might be at the other end of the bar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Bought some bottles of Harvistoun Schiehallion beer in Super Value today.

Really really nice this stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Tuborg on tap (nice)

Staropramen on tap (nicer)

Gin & Tonic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ciaran76 wrote: »
    According to the people in Mulligans, O'Haras pale ale will be on cask very soon there !

Will defo drop in for that, all of O'Haras range should be on tap in every pub, it really annoys me that muck like Tuborg is appearing on tap when its so hard to get real Irish beers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Saruman wrote: »
    Yesterday was a Brewdog day (as well as brewing myself). I had all 4 in the IPA is dead series as well as their collaboration with Mikkeller called I hardcore you.

Those Brewdog 'IPA is dead' single hop IPA's are bloody great. I've had 2 of the 4 so far. The Citra and the Bramley X.
    Both really nice and both very different.
    Great to see breweries doing this kinda thing, Hops FTW. :)

Yeah shame it's a limited release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Had 4 Porterhouse Hop Heads from Molloys who had a 4 PH beers for €7, they were delicious. Should have got 4 Brainblasta too but didn't.

Had a Sierra Nevada Torpedo which I usually love but think I was hopped out at that stage.

1 of my local off licences now stocks Greene King .Hobgoblin , Abbot Ale and Old speckled hen in cans now.

They are doing 4 for €6.99 so took 1 of each. I think each beer tastes different from their bottled versions.

Good thing about these beers in cans are that I went to a house party and no one would go near them !!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

today i picked up a few btls of Theakstons OLD PECULIER.

now for a few questions.

1st = going to make a beef and stout pie.what would folk here reckon i should use.

2nd = are cans of ale good compared to btls and where can i get some.
    i hope to be going to a few festivals this summer and btls are not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

blueshed wrote: »

now for a few questions.

1st = going to make a beef and stout pie.what would folk here reckon i should use.

1. Something like Theakstons'd OP is ideal for a beef stew/pie or anything dark, really. I don't line Guinness in a stew - too bitter and burnt tasting.

2. I haven't really had much ale from a can but most rational people will say that they taste the same - I've not done a side by side (or blind) tasting so I couldn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

atm i have some Guinness-Murphys-Beamish-Dungarvan-O Haras irish stout and leann follain.
    the last few weeks i made 2 ale pies,the 1st pie i used Fullers london pride and the 2nd Hobgoblin.both pies were beautifull.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

atm i have some Guinness-Murphys-Beamish-Dungarvan-O Haras irish stout and leann follain.
    the last few weeks i made 2 ale pies,the 1st pie i used Fullers london pride and the 2nd Hobgoblin.both pies were beautifull.

They would make good pies.
    From that lot, I'd probably make the pie with the Dungarvan or O hara's, drink the Leann Follain and keep the rest for visitors!!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

flas wrote: »
    where can you get tuborg on tap?

My Local the Village in Clondalkin have it about a month now rrp €3.45 a pint
    hate to say it but wasnt overly impressed felt flatter than normal at first so I tried another that was the same.
    Maybe its a slow uptake but I would rather the cans and a nice deck and chair before the draught in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

now for a few questions.

Have had bottles of this here and I was impressed, but I had it on tap in Manchester last week and it was even better, absolutely lovely stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Innis and gunn rum cask- excellent, nice strange flavours and 7.4%
    Dungarvan's black rock irish stout- did not like this at all :(
    Fullers london porter- very good
    Cisk (maltese lager)- not good at all, tasted like heineken

Guess I should try other dungarvan products but that stout put me off future purchases tbh.
    Ill defo look out for more innis and gunn cask beers, expensive though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I was in The Bull & Castle yesterday. Had 1 Galway Hooker and a couple of Rebel Red's. Was disappointed that they had run out of Metalmans cos I am dying to taste it.

Availed of the 3 bottles of Irish beer for €9 to take home too. I got Cathedral Quarter, Macardles & Helvick Gold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement