Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mo14 wrote: »
    Last night I had some Dutch Gold. Beautiful, complex nose, lovely lacing on the glass. The taste was superb, lots of flavors going on. Easily the best beer I've ever tasted.
    Move over Duvel, I've found my new mainstay beer :)

Royal Dutch is vastly superior to Dutch Gold, you Luddite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Beasty.

The finger
    bishops-finger1.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Beasty. wrote: »
    The finger
    bishops-finger1.jpg

The new bottle design isn't as nice:
    bishopsfinger500L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Mo14 wrote: »
    Last night I had some Dutch Gold. Beautiful, complex nose, lovely lacing on the glass. The taste was superb, lots of flavors going on. Easily the best beer I've ever tasted.
    Move over Duvel, I've found my new mainstay beer :)

Surely you mean, lovely lacing on the inside of the can!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

BeerNut wrote: »
    The new bottle design isn't as nice:
    bishopsfinger500L.jpg

*shudder*

Beer in clear bottles :(

DBCyc wrote: »
    Beer in clear bottles :(
    I know. Sheps is run by marketeers and accountants. I imagine the head brewer has a permanently haunted look about him.

At least Bishops Finger is shipped in boxes. The Brewmaster's Choice stuff in Lidl is in clear plastic wrapping :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Paulaner Original Münchner Urtyp

It's OK, just tastes like a lager to me. I'm no expert.

I do need to clean my glass though, the head is not looking anywhere near as healthy as the image I am linking to below. I have the exact same glass as that which I bought in Germany!

Tomorrow I am making a trip to France to stock up on Chimay Rouge and Leffe Blonde, for prices that would make you sick..

71_Paulaner_Original_Muenchner_Urtyp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I know. Sheps is run by marketeers and accountants. I imagine the head brewer has a permanently haunted look about him.

At least Bishops Finger is shipped in boxes. The Brewmaster's Choice stuff in Lidl is in clear plastic wrapping :rolleyes:

1698 Celebration ale though is shipped in plastic. ;) Nice new bottle though. Black with a silver label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Got 4 bottles of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout tonight. at 10%abv I should be rocking after them.

not my first time trying but certainly my first time having a couple.

very nice drink, reminds me not surprisingly of Bournville chocolates, only very light carbonation and very creamy mouthfeel.

yumm :)

brooklyn-brewery-black-chocolate-stout-gear-patrol.jpg

• Advertisement

bw wrote: »
    Tomorrow I am making a trip to France to stock up on Chimay Rouge and Leffe Blonde, for prices that would make you sick..

I don't find the prices all that staggering, I got 2 .75cl bottles for 5.99 each in my local offy, certainly wouldn't want to be drinking much more than that, 7.99 for the Grande Reserve.

RichieC wrote: »
    Got 4 bottles of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout tonight. at 10%abv I should be rocking after them.

not my first time trying but certainly my first time having a couple.

very nice drink, reminds me not surprisingly of Bournville chocolates, only very light carbonation and very creamy mouthfeel.

yumm :)

I'm a big fan of this - a great beer for sipping. Its fantastic with a nice bit of vanilla ice-cream. Couldn't drink 4 in one night though :eek:

DBCyc wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of this - a great beer for sipping. Its fantastic with a nice bit of vanilla ice-cream. Couldn't drink 4 in one night though :eek:

Challenge accepted :D

prob be on the jax for the day tomorrow!

RichieC wrote: »
    Challenge accepted :D

prob be on the jax for the day tomorrow!

I'd fall asleep about a quarter way through the third :o

I'm enjoying an Anchor Porter at the moment and have a Hercules IPA waiting - that'll do me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The thread seems to have turned into what beer are we drinking (in pictures)

Smokey bacon beer:

GB274_Schlenkerla_Weizen.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Had me some Innis&Gunn rum cask in the sun a bit earlier. It's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

Had 2 Pints of Bay Ale in the salthouse in Galway last night. Absolutely delicious. Less hoppy than Galway hooker by a good bit. A new favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Young's Bitter, Oxford Gold & O'Hara's Irish Red for me this evening

Just had a bottle of Macs Gold. Smooth taste, relatively dry. 4.0 ABV but I wouldn't be going looking for another bottle.

Got this in the Salthouse in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

My usual stash for tonight:

1 x O'Haras stout
    2 x O'Haras extra stout (leann folain or whatever it's called).
    1 x O'Haras red

Meant to get a Guinness extra stout but forgot, a bit disappointed by that memory lapse.

Also have 6 Stella Artois for an emergency should I be a little bit drunk later and craving more alcohol. :)

The plan is to watch some sports (UFC), some politics and economics (Peter Schiff & Max Keiser) and maybe some comedy (Peep Show).

Love these sorts of evenings. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Blue Frog Blonde Frog Ale. Malty hoppy goodness.

Blue Frog Blonde Frog Ale. Malty hoppy goodness.
    Lovely beer. The red one is even better and the IPAs are fantastic, if they're still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Lads,

My favorite is O Hara's Stout which is rarely in the pub. I drink Guinness now and again but I have to say in IMO that cans of Beamish are tastier than cans of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

bw wrote: »
    Paulaner Original Münchner Urtyp

make me sick.. tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lovely beer. The red one is even better and the IPAs are fantastic, if they're still around.

Has the red ale last night.
    Nice beer, alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They sell the red and Blonde in Hollands. No IPA unfortunately. The red is definitely nicer than the blonde.
    Have a bottle of Prohibition in the fridge, which will be tonight's treat, if the OH doesn't get to it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

They sell the red and Blonde in Hollands. No IPA unfortunately. The red is definitely nicer than the blonde.
    Have a bottle of Prohibition in the fridge, which will be tonight's treat, if the OH doesn't get to it first.

I saw the IPA (and possibly Red) in Supervalue on the Aston Quay a couple of months ago

Customer today cracked open a bottle of WKD Purple.

It doesn't have a flavour written on the bottle or anything. It just says "Purple".

What kind of flavour is purple FFS?

Horrible btw. It's a disgrace I even mentioned it here.

Berty wrote: »

It doesn't have a flavour written on the bottle or anything. It just says "Purple".

We've been selling tons of it since it came out. It has a huge following in some parts of society!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Berty wrote: »

Purple is a fruit, isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement