Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Seaneh wrote: »
    Buried at Sea first, otherwise the hops from full sail will totally overpower it.

Too late. I made a rookie mistake. I had thought of that but wanted to try the full sail as I haven't had it since the new brewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Where did you get Nøgne Imperial Brown Ale Bazmo ? That's first I've heard of it.

Had Nogne Sunturn brew myself, rather tasty. If you like any sort of smokiness, then you will love this beer. Anybody tried Brewdog's Electric India ? I haven't like Saison beers, but this was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Decided to leave the Galway Bay till tomorrow. When I can enjoy it as had a few things to do.

Had a small can of Slyfox IPA 113.
    It's a 7% beer and you can taste it alright.

Slightly sweet malty followed by an earthy hop kick. Strong aftertaste and lingers for ages.

1 can was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jsa112 wrote: »
    Where did you get Nøgne Imperial Brown Ale Bazmo ? That's first I've heard of it.
    Brew Dog website.

jsa112 wrote: »
    Anybody tried Brewdog's Electric India ? I haven't like Saison beers, but this was amazing.
    Would love to try it cos just like yourself I haven't had great experiences with Saisons so far, so hoping this would restore my faith.

Having a Brew Dog DogWired at the moment. Incredible stuff. It's called an Imperial Pilsner with NZ hops, but by all accounts it's an IPA. It's super crisp and fresh with a beautiful tropical hop flavour kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had an Otley 09 Blonde with lunch earlier.
    Unusual beer - very distinct taste of cloves and coriander from it that they use to flavour it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

load of brewdog's today.

dead pony @bunsen burger in dublin, went amazing with the burger.
    fake lager - fairly meh to be honest.
    hello my name is mette-marit, lovely double ipa, nice lingering berry taste too.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Had an Otley 09 Blonde with lunch earlier.
    Unusual beer - very distinct taste of cloves and coriander from it that they use to flavour it.

Did they use actual cloves or was it from the yeast used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Went out looking or some porters and stouts, ensuring to keep an eye out for the Galway Bay range.
    No joy. Ended up with some Norgone, McGraths and Cutthroat porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Did they use actual cloves or was it from the yeast used?

They have the cloves and coriander listed as actual ingredients.
    Actually worked quite well!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

drinking 'star'.apparently nigerias #1 beer.its very watery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Had thornbridge reverend for the maker, was just average. Also tried a bottle of jackhammer, not enough balance for me.

Had a glass of lindemans apple in porterhouse, amazing stuff. Tastes just like apple drop sweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

According to Facebook the Galway Hooker crew also have a Porter/Stout out (not sure which it said and I don't know enough to get into the Porter/Stout debate!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

According to Facebook the Galway Hooker crew also have a Porter/Stout out (not sure which it said and I don't know enough to get into the Porter/Stout debate!)

It's labelled as a stout.
    Saying that I've had many stouts that I thought were more like a porter.
    I think some of that may come from Guinness though.
    Either way stouts/porters are one of my favourite types of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had an Anchor Porter when I was out the other night. Still one of my favourite Porters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

They've been making one for a while. It was available as Napoleon Stout in Tig Neachtain in Galway. I tried it - nitro, not particularly flavoursome but probably served too cold.

Just has a cold bottle of Tyskie after doing a bit of work round the house.

It's not a beer in the league of IPAs/Craft Stouts but I always find it a solid alternative to the usual suspects when there's no craft. Would happily drink it in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Heading down to Mulligan's for dinner later - anything special down there beer wise I should look out for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

If they have Oxman on draught, give it a go.

A visiting friend brought a few Galway Bay beers over, got em in Marino (Martin's?). Great present!

Buried At Sea didn't taste as good as draught I thought although maybe my imagination. Disappointed either way, definitely tasted more chocolately. Never had Full Sail, drinking a bottle here. Decent ale but I think I'd rather the likes of O'Haras. The lad who brought em had the Stormy Port, I'll try that again as I also never had it on draught. Have another ale (red ale?) for another night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Leann Follain with my dinner, hadnt had one in over a year, wont be long until my next 1

• Advertisement

I've had a bottle of Nøgne citrus hystrix ipa. Not bad but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Innis & Gunn Original is great after 20 minutes in the freezer. You'd hardly notice the alcohol (6.6%) It goes down far easier than Coke or 7-Up!

Bourbon barrel ale. Alright.

Anchor porter though. What a great beer. So many flavours

I've had a bottle of Nøgne citrus hystrix ipa. Not bad but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

I thought it was fantastic.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought it was fantastic.
    Just not for me though, they make a lot of excellent beers but I just don't like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Scortho wrote: »
    Bourbon barrel ale. Alright.

Anchor porter though. What a great beer. So many flavours

Agree on both, although, I dunno if I'd even give the Bourbon Barrel Ale an alright. Maybe I'm just used to anything barrel aged being a stout, but I did not fancy it, really.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Agree on both, although, I dunno if I'd even give the Bourbon Barrel Ale an alright. Maybe I'm just used to anything barrel aged being a stout, but I did not fancy it, really.

It was like a watered down bourbon ( obviously) without the throat burner.
    I'd have it again if it was the only thing available. It was a bit bland though with very little to get the oul taste buds going. The anchor port took care of that though.
    I really wish I went for the barley wine I bought my friend instead of the bourbon.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    If they have Oxman on draught, give it a go.

they didn't, and I didn't get it in the bottle, ridiculously strong, as is the Dr Rudi.

I did, however, leg it across the road to pick up a bottle of their 3rd beer which is having a blind tasting on twitter this week. And I brought home a growler full of Dark Arts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Heading down to Mulligan's for dinner later - anything special down there beer wise I should look out for?

O harass pale on cask

• Advertisement

drumswan wrote: »
    O harass pale on cask

It was yesterday, but thanks. They had no cask on yesterday either.

I did run across to the Drinkstore and picked up a a couple of bottles of the new BPBP beer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement