Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Straffe Hendrik Quadruple.

The alcohol is VERY apparent. Very tasty though. Sip it slow, or you're fuccked

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Straffe Hendrik Quadruple.

The alcohol is VERY apparent. Very tasty though. Sip it slow, or you're fuccked

I found a few bottles of that in an off-licence in Skerries back in the spring. One was enough! :D Lovely drink.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Oxman - very stouty in taste and mouth feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hi folks. I'm visiting New York soon, but will spend most of my time upstate rather than in the city. Are there any beers in particular that I should try to seek out?

If you get a chance to go out in the city rhere's a good bar on 54th street called The Three Monkeys; they have around 30 beers on tap.
    As for beers from up state I had a stout called Mothers Milk from a brewery in Kingston which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Duvel.jpg?1343284002

It's hardly an obscure choice, but I'm quite looking forward to popping this open later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Ipso wrote: »
    If you get a chance to go out in the city rhere's a good bar on 54th street called The Three Monkeys; they have around 30 beers on tap.
    As for beers from up state I had a stout called Mothers Milk from a brewery in Kingston which was nice.

Cheers, will try to get to that bar if I can. I've actually had Mother's Milk (from Keegan Ales) on a previous trip and it's very nice alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Looking forward to trying this badboy later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Seaneh wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying this badboy later.

Ah you boll1x now I have to do a run to Drinkstore on the way home to pick some up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

According to the Fran Well's facebook page, they're gonna have some Jameson Stout as well as their IPA in the bar tonight in celebration of both beers winning Gold and Bronze, respectively, in the International Beer Challenge in London. So I know what I'll be drinking this weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I still have a bottle of Jameson Stout from last year, I completely forgot I had.

• Advertisement

Still have a bottle myself. Just can't find the appropriate time to crack it open. So, I guess at this stage I'm just aging it.

According to the Fran Well's facebook page, they're gonna have some Jameson Stout as well as their IPA in the bar tonight in celebration of both beers winning Gold and Bronze, respectively, in the International Beer Challenge in London. So I know what I'll be drinking this weekend! :D

Nice one, I'm on a bus to cork right now :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I love whiskey aged stouts, the FW Jemmy one was brilliant.

Sure, on your way down you might as well bring some of the Galway Bay beers with you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout sitting there giving me the eyes. I've only ever had the one before, but it's one of the best beers I've ever tasted. I'll crack it open when I can convince myself of a worthy occasion.

Sure, on your way down you might as well bring some of the Galway Bay beers with you. :P

I've two in bag beside me. Stormy Port and Full Sail.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ceres.

Danish strong ale. 7.7%.

Tastes light, no after taste and very easy to drink. You would never guess the abv by sipping it. Comes in a 660ml bottle.

Was drinking their rebel red last weekend, quite delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

When looking at the Galway Bay beers on Drinkstore I noticed that Buried at Sea is down as only 4.5%, lower than Stormy Ports 4.8%.

I thought someone mentioned on here a while ago that it was 5.5%

Will head over after work to pick up a couple and see what they're like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

At the B+C last night for the Kinsale IPA Launch. Not a bad beer; a friend with me grew to it after a few bottles but felt (rightly) that they underperformed on the PR end of things. That said, the brewer was nice and sat with us and took on board our points. I'd definitely drink it again but with Metalman, Galway Hooker and O'Hara's out there, it's a hard market to compete in.

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    When looking at the Galway Bay beers on Drinkstore I noticed that Buried at Sea is down as only 4.5%, lower than Stormy Ports 4.8%.

I thought someone mentioned on here a while ago that it was 5.5%

Will head over after work to pick up a couple and see what they're like

The bottled beers all different abv than the draught beers.

Just had the two bottles. The stormy port is decent, just how I remember it, nothing world changing but its nice.

The full sail if bloody lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The full sail if bloody lovely.
    Is it yet another new recipe? Last time I had it on draught it was totally unbalanced.

drumswan wrote: »
    Is it yet another new recipe? Last time I had it on draught it was totally unbalanced.

Its the same recipe for the last few months but the new brewkit has much better hop utilisation so its a lot more citrusy and floral and the malts are more pronounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

O'Hara's Leann Follain matured in Irish whiskey barrels.

WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Picked up 4 bottles of the Galway bay beers. One of each!
    Also a Brewdog IPA is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Decisions, decisions. To go full sail or buried at sea first

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I finally found an off-licence in Limerick that sells Stonewell! \o/

matrim wrote: »
    Decisions, decisions. To go full sail or buried at sea first

Buried at Sea first, otherwise the hops from full sail will totally overpower it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nøgne Imperial Brown Ale. Beautiful beer. So tasty and balanced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement