Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭phog

Think it's just a sign of the times really, I'm sure when the economic situation improves the season ticket numbers will improve also. I know I'm not the only one that couldn't afford to renew the full membership this year.

That ceratinly had a bearing, I know a few people that gave up their membership this year and I gave up the Cork ML games for my daughter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

profitius wrote: »
    Its seems they're more interested in growing the brand than anything else. In that sense you've got to applaud them for thinking outside the box. I don't think Mark McCall will thank them for moving it to the most Irish city in the USA.

Saw Saracens play in Hong Kong stadium last Saturday against the AP BaaBaas.
    Seemed like John Smit was being paraded out for the same affect as you say above.
    Was great game with BaaBaas winning it with last minute penalty taken off a grass tee!

Entertaining events organised afterwards...
    Had Rico Gear and Mils Muliaina slagging me off about the hammering they gave us and that it was just a warm up...
    Only retort I had was to tell Gear best of luck getting anywhere near the team after Savea!

Beering with Jerry Collins afterwards was an experience to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

castie wrote: »
    Its seems they're more interested in growing the brand than anything else. In that sense you've got to applaud them for thinking outside the box. I don't think Mark McCall will thank them for moving it to the most Irish city in the USA.

Saw Saracens play in Hong Kong stadium last Saturday against the AP BaaBaas.
    Seemed like John Smit was being paraded out for the same affect as you say above.
    Was great game with BaaBaas winning it with last minute penalty taken off a grass tee!

Entertaining events organised afterwards...
    Had Rico Gear and Mils Muliaina slagging me off about the hammering they gave us and that it was just a warm up...
    Only retort I had was to tell Gear best of luck getting anywhere near the team after Savea!

Beering with Jerry Collins afterwards was an experience to say the least!
    You had better pick those up before someone trips & hurts themselves

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Lelantos wrote: »

Not like I actually know them!!!
    Charity event they were there for a reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

castie wrote: »
    Lelantos wrote: »

Not like I actually know them!!!
    Charity event they were there for a reason!
    Lol, I was hopping ball, apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Peter Borlase has signed for Hawkes Bay, according to the man himself on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Peter Borlase has signed for Hawkes Bay, according to the man himself on Twitter.

Reckon that's about his level. Well, best of luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Following him on twitter for a while and he seems to have really enjoyed his time in Ireland. Best of luck to him back home

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

guys, do we have to date the fixtures for rabo and hec will be announced? wanna plan a few away trips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

messi1985 wrote: »
    guys, do we have to date the fixtures for rabo and hec will be announced? wanna plan a few away trips
    At least another 3-4 weeks until dates are announced for the heineken cup are announced about the same for pro12 fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Irish players aren't even finished this season and the boys are back for preseason, it's really becoming a full year.

From Munsterrugby.ie
    Just five weeks after they played their last game Munster resume training for the 2012/13 season with a get together in Bishopstown, Cork, this morning.It was a reduced squad, with the internationals missing, that was put through their initial paces by Bryce Cavanagh (Head of Fitness) and included Niall Ronan, Danny Barnes and Dave Foley as well as one of the newer additions to the squad, Sean Dougall.
    Ronan, Barnes and Foley played no part as they continue to recover from injury that saw them miss the end of last season but all three expect to be involved in pre-season matches.

Sean_Dougall_Web.jpg

Training_Farm_UCC_Content.jpg

Bryce_Cavanagh_Training_Content.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I assume most of that will be fitness training as Penney isn't there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

i understand Barry O'Mahoney has been offered a contract.

3rd from the left in the 3rd picture is Jack o Donoghue from Waterpark. Assume he's in academy next season but he still is still underage for youths rugby next season so may not be

Former Munster lock Shane O'Connor will be playing for Saint-Etienne next season, in Federale 1 (3rd division).

http://www.rugby-transferts.com/pro-d2/0016398-un-ancien-du-munster-saint-etienne.html

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/squadprofiles.php?player=4950&includeref=dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

bamboozle wrote: »
    i understand Barry O'Mahoney has been offered a contract.

very happy about this. think he is a great option at 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

unplayable wrote: »
    very happy about this. think he is a great option at 7
    But he's another 'one for the future' aged what, 26? And does he plan to be a full-time pro now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

But he's another 'one for the future' aged what, 26? And does he plan to be a full-time pro now?

So he shouldn't be offered a professional contract because he is in his mid-20s? What's your opinion on Leo Auva'a?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Any idea who that is in the all-red top in the 3rd picture? I'd lean towards either Nagle or DOC, but whoever it is, is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

barry works full time in dublin afaik so no idea if he will even accept the offer. 30k bank job v prob same from munster and no guarantees. unless they let him take an unpaid year off work kinda thing. yeah he is 26 but good enough to start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

So he shouldn't be offered a professional contract because he is in his mid-20s?
    Not if we want to avoid the mistakes of the past. It's probably not a big issue in a couple of exceptional cases, but I don't like the idea of signing guys who would ordinarily have half their career behind them already.
    What's your opinion on Leo Auva'a?
    Do I need one? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Signing players in their mid twenties is not ideal but its better getting themlate than never. Donnacha Ryan is a good exampleof a late bloomer. Nearly 29 at this stage but he doesn#t have many miles on the clock so he could play a few seasons longer than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Any idea who that is in the all-red top in the 3rd picture? I'd lean towards either Nagle or DOC, but whoever it is, is a beast.

I would have said Brian Hayes.

EDIT: Nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

ormond lad wrote: »
    3rd from the left in the 3rd picture is Jack o Donoghue from Waterpark. Assume he's in academy next season but he still is still underage for youths rugby next season so may not be

How old is he, OL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

unplayable wrote: »
    barry works full time in dublin afaik so no idea if he will even accept the offer. 30k bank job v prob same from munster and no guarantees. unless they let him take an unpaid year off work kinda thing. yeah he is 26 but good enough to start

i believe he is going to take the deal. He's also got a company of his own designing apps.
    I've said on here before he's probably the fastest flanker in the country, he's got the skill but he'd need to add the guts of a stone to get up to Rabo level.

Here is at u-18 level in 2011.

INPHO_00548747.jpg

If he's only 26, why not? Look how well Coughlan worked out, late developers are out there.

How old is he, OL?
    He's 18. was irish youths captain this season. had been on munster youths 2 years in a row and is in the munster 20s squad for the interpros in september though is underage for 19s

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Hagz wrote: »
    Here is at u-18 level in 2011.

INPHO_00548747.jpg

That picture is epic!

• Advertisement

Beery Eyed wrote: »
    That picture is epic!

INPHO_00549536.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement