Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Its a little bit of hype and hope, nothing over the top. It doesn't even come close to matching the level of hype expectations leveled on Luke "The Messiah" McGrath up in Leinster.

Pretty much. Both have been completely overblown on very little showing. McGrath was superb at school level and U18 level before turning in some very mixed performances at U20 level this season, mixing the great with the terrible. Hanrahan couldn't get in the Irish side last year and tends to play a very high risk game that results in moments of brilliance alongside a high error rate (at 10 and 12).

They're both superbly talented players but the best thing for them is for them to be allowed to develop at their own pace. There's a good reason neither have been anywhere near their senior teams at this point. Silly and unnecessary amount of pressure and expectation heaped upon both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

What's Hanrahan's defence like?

Alright. He's a better defender at 10 than 12, I think. He's not a small bloke so is able to deal with the physicality but I've seen him caught out several times positionally in the centre making poor judgements. He's improved though. He was exposed several times last year leading to tries. Not as prevalent this season so he's moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Fireball07 wrote: »
    It's hard to know really...I didn't see him miss any tackles or get walked over, and I did notice one particularly good tackle he made but we'll see against England. South Africa weren't particularly imaginative in their attack.

I think he should definitely get some gametime at 10 and 12 in pro12 next year.

He should have gotten it this year. He wasn't even playing 10 for the B&I team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

profitius wrote: »

Rob might be keeping an eye on him while he is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭phog

profitius wrote: »

Could he have been at 12 because that's where he was in the U20's 6Ns and only slotted in at 10 now that Jackson was kept at home?

Whatever the reason, he showed enough tonight that he is capable of being tried out at 10 for some of the Pro12 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭phog

TomLamp wrote: »
    JJ HANRAHAN FOR IRELAND

Calm Down..............this is a Munster thread about a Munster player, who played for Ireland last night in a position where we (Munster) need to find a replacement for ROG. I think the Munster supporters here would just like to see him get gametime at 10 and were talking about that more so than he getting a senior cap.

I've always rated Hanrahan but nearly everytime he's mentioned as an outhalf some say he hasn't really been tested there, especially so when he didn't get the 10 jersey for the B&I cup, well he was tested there last night and aside from a shaky start he did well, very well imho..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Im still not sure if he'll be a 10 or 12. And as good as he was yesterday I'll be more sure once he gets a chance to run against a team where we have possession.

Although I think they might play Carty/JJ/Farrell against Italy. So we might have to wait for the B&I Cup to see that. And even then he might play 12 outside Deasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well, with a real lack of centres coming through at Munster, maybe it would be better for his own career to choose 12.

I know we don't exactly have a load of options at 10 either, but Keatley has at least some promise and Hanrahan is still a good few years off starting in either position.

In an ideal world, he'll become extremely competent in both positions.

I don't want to overhype him too much but there are plenty of out-halves who can slot in other positions in the backline extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Junior

Another retirement to be announced this morning. News within the hour..

ah holy jaysis, who could it be now!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Christ! Horan maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Never even knew Munster had a mascot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Junior

Only saw the tweet from @MRSC16 - if it's just the ****in mascot that was poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

i lol'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Otacon wrote: »
    i lol'd.

i didnt.... how is that even funny:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

You've got to wonder if the powers that be really understand the job that's ahead of them if they are taking the piss about the retirements & departures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

touts wrote: »
    You've got to wonder if the powers that be really understand the job that's ahead of them if they are taking the piss about the retirements & departures.

You really do have to wonder dont you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

jesus ye'd whinge about anything. Its clearly a pisstake.

FFS its out of season, a bit of humour on the website. Get over yerselves FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

touts wrote: »

No you don't , its a joke , it is preseason , lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

What worries me is what sort of mascot are we going to get some convoluted stag head thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

sioda wrote: »
    What worries me is what sort of mascot are we going to get some convoluted stag head thingy

Gaillimh??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I presume in line with the IRFU directives his replacement has to be IQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I presume in line with the IRFU directives his replacement has to be IQ?

JackieHealyRae2-sm.jpg

131705031834.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

JackieHealyRae2-sm.jpg

131705031834.jpg

I don't think Murtys old costume will fit JHR.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

JackieHealyRae2-sm.jpg

131705031834.jpg

Is be IQ or have an IQ , if it is the latter we are fcuked !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

It's time for rebuilding at Munster, you have to start bringing through the younger guys.

healy-rae-i_1035278t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

I will instantly become a Leinster supporter if anything resembling a Healy-Rea becomes our mascot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement