Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

deisedave wrote: »
    I am all for more jobs in Waterford would love one myself at the moment but everyone now has the attitude that job creation is the be all and end all.

I would love for twenty jobs to come to Waterford I would apply myself but I would prefer a local store to stay open than some chain come in and close down our local shops.

I can understand the point. Hell I ran a shop that was open for 18 years in Waterford that closed down mainly because people could get the same shiit online or from big chains for two thirds of the price. it's far from nice.

I happen to have met these 20 people, they have kids, bills, trying to get through college and some have been out of work for years. Would you tell them that you would prefer they be on the dole just so an owner of some business you probably have never met can make more money by delaying fair competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

i agree with u totally ziedth 20 people are been forced to do 2 days a week because of this shop and if people would look on the dealz website they do not really sell the same thing dealz is a great boost for waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 18 devonnair

Hi,
    I am from Dublin and looking for accounts job. I have 20 years experience in accounts and will able to perform a wide range of accounts job, Please let me know if anyone come across any job vacancy in accounts.
    thanks and regards,
    Jaydev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

i agree with u totally ziedth 20 people are been forced to do 2 days a week because of this shop and if people would look on the dealz website they do not really sell the same thing dealz is a great boost for waterford

Can you please explain a bit better ?

I do not understand what you are saying twenty people are being forced to do a two day week because of what shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Sorry for bieng off topics this morning.. Just wanting to lift the gloom with a bad weather in Waterford this morning.... Here is one....

How do you put 40 Kilkenny men in a mini car ?

Tell em there is a job going in Waterford.....lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

deisedave wrote: »
    Can you please explain a bit better ?

I do not understand what you are saying twenty people are being forced to do a two day week because of what shop.

I don't want to name who is objecting because first there is no link for proof and second they are only trying to protect their livelyhood so i can understand why they are doing it. doesn't mean i agree with it in the slightest though.

Regarding the two days the current Dealz staff are doing two days a week in Cork. Management are thrown where they are needed. could be Cork,Bedford wherever .

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Sorry for bieng off topics this morning.. Just wanting to lift the gloom with a bad weather in Waterford this morning.... Here is one....

How do you put 40 Kilkenny men in a mini car ?

Tell em there is a job going in Waterford.....lol

Oh that has really lifted the gloom now, I'm in a an amazing mood after that awful joke, celebrate good times COME ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stephenw

I went into that crowd Eishtec and the first interview went great, they called me back an hour later and asked me for a second interview. All was fine and grand and going well, but then they got onto the subject of my college course (psychiatric nursing). Basically explained that the training will take a while, full time, but they grilled me over my course. My course involves a large part of work experience, and when i start back, im out for 8 weeks of 35 hour nursing weeks, a tough run. They basically asked me would i be able to run 2 jobs, and of course my mind slipped and made a balls of it. So I basically foiled myself. I intended to leave on day 1 of september anyway, as my course means a hell of alot more to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

stephenw wrote: »
    I went into that crowd Eishtec and the first interview went great, they called me back an hour later and asked me for a second interview. All was fine and grand and going well, but then they got onto the subject of my college course (psychiatric nursing). Basically explained that the training will take a while, full time, but they grilled me over my course. My course involves a large part of work experience, and when i start back, im out for 8 weeks of 35 hour nursing weeks, a tough run. They basically asked me would i be able to run 2 jobs, and of course my mind slipped and made a balls of it. So I basically foiled myself. I intended to leave on day 1 of september anyway, as my course means a hell of alot more to me.

Caught me on the exact same thing, kept going on about how would I juggle college and working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

why did ye not tell them ye had enough of the course and weren't goin back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stephenw

That'd show what a responsible nurse I am haha

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

I'm a student nurse too..
    Got offered the job today, starting June 18th! WOOTWOOT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 redhanded

commission only based job based in waterford, Call centre work selling electricity to clients, V good commission. I make about 500 to 1000 a week and I do have a bit ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

redhanded wrote: »
    I make about 500 to 1000 a week
    Pics or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Now taking bets that its for RK corporation

incorrect,cmi international, Aussie company, work in a call centre and get paid on a weekly basis into your bank account, there are salary options available and commission only options, salary option will be open again in a couple of months when new campaign starts, You selling to Aussie market so you work 4.30 am to 11. when made full time you get 25 grand and commission on top. You can make more on commission only,

incorrect,cmi international, Aussie company,
    Oh yes, the one with the pervy managers, yes?

incorrect,cmi international, Aussie company, work in a call centre and get paid on a weekly basis into your bank account, there are salary options available and commission only options, salary option will be open again in a couple of months when new campaign starts, You selling to Aussie market so you work 4.30 am to 11. when made full time you get 25 grand and commission on top. You can make more on commission only,

The words "too good to be true" spring to mind here

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

I've heard ALOT about there... for every 1 person they hire theres around 5 out the door.. they set impossible targets the first few weeks so that they have workers who earn near nothing because it's commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

get paid on a weekly basis into your bank account,

Get outta here, are you serious? That's amazing! :eek:
    there are salary options available and commission only options

Eh, the second one is illegal.

For a schiller, you're not selling the job very well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

This place is an absolute joke. I had an interview there and just never turned up simply because of the info I found out before I went in:
    Managing Director of the company being investigated for fraud spanning over 3 different companies.
    Team Managers being brought to court for sexual harrassement towards employees.
    Unpayment of Wages
    My former work colleague stupidly decided to go work there and lasted a month - Had to make over 1500 calls a week and made zero commission.
    The list goes on.......

All the links are available in the thread that was running here before!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

I'm close to giving up ! Nowhere will take on University students because they aren't certain of their 'reliability' come next semester even though I drove up and down every week last year and I had friday sat and sun to offer....
    Does anyone know of places that are interested in people just for summer? probably have a better chance there :/
    or if not.. can students get jobseekers benefit or assistance during summer? I know its not exactly for this forum but people on here are obviously are looking also and might have some insight....Student grants dont even cover the cost of accomodation if you're away from home so I desperately need WORK! anything.. PM me!
    please :)

I'm close to giving up ! Nowhere will take on University students because they aren't certain of their 'reliability' come next semester even though I drove up and down every week last year and I had friday sat and sun to offer....
    Does anyone know of places that are interested in people just for summer? probably have a better chance there :/
    or if not.. can students get jobseekers benefit or assistance during summer? I know its not exactly for this forum but people on here are obviously are looking also and might have some insight....Student grants dont even cover the cost of accomodation if you're away from home so I desperately need WORK! anything.. PM me!
    please :)
    Yes.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    get paid on a weekly basis into your bank account,[/
    there are salary options available and commission only options

Eh, the second one is illegal.

For a schiller, you're not selling the job very well!
    I'm explaining the process how the pay

works , a lot of people rather get paid weekly than monthly, you are set up as a sole trader for commission only so it ain't illegal so think about possible answers before you make accusations,

incorrect,cmi international, Aussie company,
    Did you see them looking through your window or are you making an allegation? What's there names and I mean do u get your evidence from fact

ziedth wrote: »

The words "too good to be true" spring to mind here
    You haven't done commission based sales before?

I've heard ALOT about there... for every 1 person they hire theres around 5 out the door.. they set impossible targets the first few weeks so that they have workers who earn near nothing because it's commission.
    It's cold calling people at home up selling them electricity. It's not easy and people are told this, people won't find out whether they can do the job until they try, a lot of people can't but some can and do it well while making a good wage

Elbows22 wrote: »

This place is an absolute joke. I had an interview there and just never turned up simply because of the info I found out before I went in:
    Managing Director of the company being investigated for fraud spanning over 3 different companies.
    Team Managers being brought to court for sexual harrassement towards employees.
    Unpayment of Wages
    My former work colleague stupidly decided to go work there and lasted a month - Had to make over 1500 calls a week and made zero commission.
    The list goes on.......

All the links are available in the thread that was running here before!
    What about the people who do work there and make commission, did you ask your friend was everyone not making their commission? Seems like an OBVIOUS question to ask but then again some people don't pick up on the obvious and would rather think they know it all when they know **** ALL.

I'm trying to help people get a job and that's what this tread is for and a few people feel like they need to try and prevent people even considering it, well if 1 out 5 take the job then at least that's 1 person with a job and it helps the overall picture. So people who are going on here are just going against what the tread is for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

According to Meteor's twitter account, they're looking for someone in the Waterford store.

Advertisement