Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

When they refer to the four playing pitches are these separate to the ones that are already out there? Didn't realise they were adding to the complex. As it stands it's a wonderful place and will make its money back farily quickly I'd imagine. I was up there the other night and there were 28 teams scheduled to play that night.

Edit: Question answered in the other thread on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Evelynmc wrote: »
    200 construction jobs to be created in Waterford
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1115/jobs.html

It would be great if the work went to Waterford businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Some ladys store in city square opening soon where paco used to be is accepting CV's at the shop tomorrow afternoon i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Smile11

Iam looking for a job part time full time or for christmass if yas see notices in shops would ye let me know please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nickfro

Has anyone heard anything about call center jobs coming to waterford? a friend was saying that his friend had read something in the paper about it? somewhere up near the cleyboy? Any info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Nickfro wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about call center jobs coming to waterford? a friend was saying that his friend had read something in the paper about it? somewhere up near the cleyboy? Any info?

Saw an ad in the Munster Express today. Dont know anything more than that though, sorry.

VenusPlays wrote: »
    Saw an ad in the Munster Express today. Dont know anything more than that though, sorry.

Will take a look tomorrow cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Munster Express 50 call centre jobs. Something to do with renewal energy products in Australia. Im sure you could look up the ad before you e-mail the person. There is an e-mail address quoted in the ad for sending in your up-to-date CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Max Powers wrote: »
    Munster Express 50 call centre jobs. Something to do with renewal energy products in Australia. Im sure you could look up the ad before you e-mail the person. There is an e-mail address quoted in the ad for sending in your up-to-date CV.

No access to a munster paper can somebody give me the contact details please.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Right lads there are call centre jobs going in a call centre in cleaboy.

'This is up' are dealing with the initial interview process and they have lots of vacancies coming up. I had my interview today and it all sounds really positive and promising so fingers crossed.

Check them out for details:

https://www.facebook.com/thisisup?sk=info

http://www.thisisup.com

195758_185809158134580_1371294_q.jpgThis is UP
    Major announcement: Waterford we're hiring! We need positive, team players for an expanding company in Waterford.. Whether you've worked in Manufacturing, Construction, Office or Retail we want to hear from you. These are full time and a fantastic opportunity to join a local success story! Give Liz a call on 051 844546 or Liz@thisisup.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

What's the deal with the interviews? :) I've got one this week, have you got any tips? :)

Its all linked to your cv so I cant give you any pointers but Good Luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any got more info on the call centre jobs?

I'm hearing minimum wage, and night shifts from some people but no one seems to know for sure what the jobs actually entail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

What is the deal with this crowd, they seem to be very cagey about letting out any information about what they do and what the job will involve.

Anecdotally I've heard that they are looking for people who DON'T have previous call centre experience, which seems very odd in a city where there are hundreds of people available who have just been laid off from a call centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

What is the deal with this crowd, they seem to be very cagey about letting out any information about what they do and what the job will involve.

This is not normally a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Maybe they just want to there own training , you can't teach old dogs new tricks and all that :)

Anyway it will give people who were out of work longer a better chance, talk talk wernt the only people out of a job.

Anyone recommend someone handy at doing up cv's I need to update mine completely it's a bit all over the place, anyone know a place in waterford that does this?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

Maybe they just want to there own training , you can't teach old dogs new tricks and all that :)

Anyway it will give people who were out of work longer a better chance, talk talk wernt the only people out of a job.

Anyone recommend someone handy at doing up cv's I need to update mine completely it's a bit all over the place, anyone know a place in waterford that does this?

Cheers

ya mine is all over the place too could do with looking at....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Grindylow wrote: »
    What's the deal with the interviews? :) I've got one this week, have you got any tips? :)

Anyone got a second interview??

Anyone wanna give me a few tips ;)

All I'm hearing about the 200 jobs is that its for an Australian Energy Company, and the hours are 12pm -8am.

Obviously I can't confirm it, I haven't been interviewed nor do I work for them, but it's the story I'm hearing from a lot of people the more I ask around.

• Advertisement

All I'm hearing about the 200 jobs is that its for an Australian Energy Company, and the hours are 12pm -8am.

Obviously I can't confirm it, I haven't been interviewed nor do I work for them, but it's the story I'm hearing from a lot of people the more I ask around.

According to the person I spoke with on the phone today its not for the Australian company. Saying that this could be to keep the company name/details secret? cant understand why they would do that though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

ya mine is all over the place too could do with looking at....:D

Astral (upstairs in the book centre) is the best I.M.O
    Think its €10.00(dont quote me on that) for 3 CV's, binded.
    You just give them in the details

Hi - I thought I would try and help clear up the confusion:

There are 2 call centers with vacancies (that i am aware of)

The one for the Australian call centre is advertised here:

I believe that this is 12pm - 8am

There other one is being handled by 'This is up' (they are not the company hiring) and they can be contacted here:

http://www.facebook.com/thisisup

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Twoelles wrote: »
    There other one is being handled by 'This is up' (they are not the company hiring) and they can be contacted here:

http://www.facebook.com/thisisup

Hope this helps

Yeah but who are they hiring for?

I'd laugh my hole off if they were outsourcing for TalkTalk...

Its an Irish call centre in cleaboy. Who their client are is anyone guess but I would place every penny I own on it NOT being Talk Talk:)

Just seems completely strange to say theres multiple jobs available for a new call centre, but not say who they are.

TalkTalk won't be returning here anytime soon...

Just seems completely strange to say theres multiple jobs available for a new call centre, but not say who they are.

TalkTalk won't be returning here anytime soon...

Did they refuse to tell you when you called?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

20 hour shifts?!
    Don't recruitment companies also not disclose what companies they are recruiting for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Twoelles wrote: »
    Its an Irish call centre in cleaboy. Who their client are is anyone guess but I would place every penny I own on it NOT being Talk Talk:)

Client is Orange mobile in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Client is Orange mobile in the UK

Is it eistech? I went for an interview, just didnt realize was that call center. They didnt like the idea that i had worked in rigney dolphin. Friend of mine who couldn't get into rigney applied there and got a job. He was working during the day doing calls to existing orange customers. Apparently he was let go for not making enough sales.

Advertisement