Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

decies wrote: »
    Touche but the points still stands.
    Pathetic you get an interview in the place and they tell you they will get back to you in a couple of days.

WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

decies wrote: »
    Touche but the points still stands.
    Pathetic you get an interview in the place and they tell you they will get back to you in a couple of days and you hear nothing.
    Its not really , just think of how many people they had applying, they might not have the time to reply to everyone personally.

You should of ringing them to see how it went, if you wanted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

RxQueen wrote: »
    Its not really , just think of how many people they had applying, they might not have the time to reply to everyone personally.

You should of ringing them to see how it went, if you wanted to know.

No matter how you want to dress it up, it's poor form not to reply to people. I can understand it in terms of not replying to 100 people who applied for the job (still don't htink that's right) but those that you interview should receive a letter or a phone call telling them they were unsuccessful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Especially silly seeing as Decies ran a jewellery shop for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anyone ever done the aptitude test for Merck Sharp and Dohme Carlow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Anyone ever done the aptitude test for Merck Sharp and Dohme Carlow??

Yeah it's pretty easy if you are mechanically minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Hill billy chicken are looking for part time staff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I would but I'd be sacked for eating all the chicken and gravy.

kensutz wrote: »
    Yeah it's pretty easy if you are mechanically minded.

Hey Ken, just wondering did you do the assessment up there also? if so what kind of things do they make ye do, or what are they looking for??

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

anyone know of any christmas jobs going in Waterford? Hav'nt seen any signs up yet maybe its a bit early?!?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

shu 4u looking for part time staff, sign in window display.

sophie22 wrote: »
    anyone know of any christmas jobs going in Waterford? Hav'nt seen any signs up yet maybe its a bit early?!?:p

Argos will be, and id imagine smyths too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Saw this on the Waterford Chamber website... Job Expo coming up:

"Friday, 21st October at the Tower Hotel. If your company is recruiting now or in the near future and would like to participate please contact us at info@waterfordchamber.ie or call 051 872639. Participating companies so far include Matrix Recruitment, Dawn Meats, Sun Life Financial, Genzyme, Schivo Group, HCS Business Solutions, Hartley Recruitment, Noel Recruitment, State Street, Global Business Register, Morgan McKinley, Excel Recruitment, WIT Careers Advice, Glanbia and KPMG. Further details will be posted here in due course."

The poster said to have plenty of CV's with you if you're heading down...
    Hope this is of use to someone!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

The cobblers in Georges Court has a part-time vacancy advertised, I saw the advertisement in their window this morning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

batm!ke wrote: »

"Friday, 21st October at the Tower Hotel. If your company is recruiting now or in the near future and would like to participate please contact us at info@waterfordchamber.ie or call 051 872639. Participating companies so far include Matrix Recruitment, Dawn Meats, Sun Life Financial, Genzyme, Schivo Group, HCS Business Solutions, Hartley Recruitment, Noel Recruitment, State Street, Global Business Register, Morgan McKinley, Excel Recruitment, WIT Careers Advice, Glanbia and KPMG. Further details will be posted here in due course."

Great spot and it's the day my contract finishes up. I'll def go down for a look although the companies involved sofar wouldn't exactly be my field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Have heard that Next in Tesco Ardkeen center are going to be taking on people. Don't think they give big hours but might suit someone..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pennys looking for staff (Christmas only I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gazzza18

nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Gamestop have an opening for seasonal part time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Debanhams also looking for part time staff (Christmas only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The cobblers in Georges Court has a part-time vacancy advertised, I saw the advertisement in their window this morning.

Saw that today, just said counter duties, etc.

I'd love that job, I cant explain why but I'd really love it. I always had a fascination with that place and watching them fix things from the other side of the counter.

Only, looking in there today, I realised my bump wouldn't fit between the chair and the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Saw that today, just said counter duties, etc.

I'd love that job, I cant explain why but I'd really love it. I always had a fascination with that place and watching them fix things from the other side of the counter.

Only, looking in there today, I realised my bump wouldn't fit between the chair and the counter.

I also can't see them paying maternity leave lol

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

They couldn't give a cobblers about maternity leave I'd say. Oh god, did I really say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

letsbet wrote: »
    They couldn't give a cobblers about maternity leave I'd say. Oh god, did I really say that!

mods: 3 month ban:D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

danjo-xx wrote: »
    mods: 3 month ban:D

I agree! I'll let myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

New steak house where the Bistro used to be opposite the old cinema, looking for staff (front of house, kitchen etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

New steak house where the Bistro used to be opposite the old cinema, looking for staff (front of house, kitchen etc...)

Where is this exactly?
    I'm not the best with directions. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Where is this exactly?
    I'm not the best with directions. :/

Up the hill by A wear, bang across from old cinema. Patricks street i think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

Sully wrote: »
    Debanhams also looking for part time staff (Christmas only)

apply in store? checked the website but said no vacancies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

batm!ke wrote: »

Is it worth going for some General Operative work??

Advertisement