Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Doylers wrote: »
    Is it eistech? I went for an interview, just didnt realize was that call center. They didnt like the idea that i had worked in rigney dolphin. Friend of mine who couldn't get into rigney applied there and got a job. He was working during the day doing calls to existing orange customers. Apparently he was let go for not making enough sales.

Yeah, thats the one!!! Had a second interview today.

Been let go for not getting enough sales? Thats tough going. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Yeah, thats the one!!! Had a second interview today.

Been let go for not getting enough sales? Thats tough going. :eek:

Had a 2nd interview there today myself. Were you there long? I was in and out in less than 10 minutes so I'm not getting my hopes up. (I'm an escapee of Rigney Dolphin too, although it was a good few years ago.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Im not 100% sure on this but from what ive heard is that its up to 200 jobs for Customer Service for Orange Mobile which is run by Eistech.
    Apparently they are only taking applicants that are currently on job seekers allowance so if your already in a job looking for a change then no luck.
    Like I said im not 100% sure on this but i can see the logic in opening it up for people on job seekers allowance......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Like I said im not 100% sure on this but i can see the logic in opening it up for people on job seekers allowance......

Really? I can't. What would be that logic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Really? I can't. What would be that logic?

Think of it this way - Imagine for a minute that Eistech hired from another call centre rather than job seekers and say took 20 people from that centre. That centre just dropped 20 staff but might only rehire possibly 15 as they might see they can manage with that amount. That means your down 5 jobs.At least by taking workers from the jobseekers allowance then it is 20 new jobs guaranteed. It is also good publicity - Irish owned company taking people off jobseekers - can't get much better publicity than that.........

• Advertisement

Had a 2nd interview there today myself. Were you there long? I was in and out in less than 10 minutes so I'm not getting my hopes up. (I'm an escapee of Rigney Dolphin too, although it was a good few years ago.)

Yeah was there less than 10 minutes myself... she just basically asked me what I knew about the company and about my experience and that was it really...

Like you said, Im not getting my hopes up, I feel like I didnt do something I should have or say something.... Im probably being paranoid but not waiting for the phone to go either!!!

Best of luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

Twoelles wrote: »
    Its an Irish call centre in cleaboy. Who their client are is anyone guess but I would place every penny I own on it NOT being Talk Talk:)

Your One that opened it Used to Work for Talk Talk though, She was high up enough in there too..
    As Far as I know their Two main Clients are an Aussie energy company and They have the Orange customer care contract too...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Yeah was there less than 10 minutes myself... she just basically asked me what I knew about the company and about my experience and that was it really...

Like you said, Im not getting my hopes up, I feel like I didnt do something I should have or say something.... Im probably being paranoid but not waiting for the phone to go either!!!

Best of luck ;)

Mine was exactly the same - so either, that is how they wanted it or we are really really bad at interviews lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanley2011

anyone know when the jobs are starting. I have an interview tommorrow. whats the first interview like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Mine was exactly the same - so either, that is how they wanted it or we are really really bad at interviews lol

Its just bizarre that they won't disclose much information, applicants have the right to know who they are going to be working for and what they will be doing. You'd swear they were handling calls for the iranian secret service or something.

• Advertisement

Its just bizarre that they won't disclose much information, applicants have the right to know who they are going to be working for and what they will be doing. You'd swear they were handling calls for the iranian secret service or something.

???? I was told everything today at the interview

Best of luck ;)

I dont feel so paranoid now that we're all feeling the same way about the interview.

Thinking back at it now, my first gut impression on coming out of the interview was that the positions are already filled and it was only a 'going through the motions' type of thing. In all my years going for interviews, both formal and informal I have never had one quite as casual as this :confused:

anyone know when the jobs are starting. I have an interview tommorrow. whats the first interview like

She said January, with the 1st 4 weeks as training (unpaid)

???? I was told everything today at the interview

You shouldn't have to wait till the interview to find out. It should be spelled out clearly by the company in advance, otherwise it makes it look dodgy.

And unpaid training? lol

You shouldn't have to wait till the interview to find out. It should be spelled out clearly by the company in advance, otherwise it makes it look dodgy.

And unpaid training? lol

I have never been given that much information when dealing with recruitment through a third party agency. Anonymity Its part of the reason why companies choose to recruit third party.

...... lol does not even come close to describing how I feel about the 4 weeks unpaid training!!

I have never been given that much information when dealing with recruitment through a third party agency. Anonymity Its part of the reason why companies choose to recruit third party.

...... lol does not even come close to describing how I feel about the 4 weeks unpaid training!!

I didn't mean lol in a "haha" way, it was more of a wow unpaid training is outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I didn't mean lol in a "haha" way, it was more of a wow unpaid training is outrageous.

Well boy. Who's running the place in question?

Well boy. Who's running the place in question?

Well boy, Heather from TalkTalk/AOL apparently.

Well boy, Heather from TalkTalk/AOL apparently.

Wasn't she heading up P-Cubed?

Wasn't she heading up P-Cubed?

Same thing.

They're not exactly splashing out on their website either http://p-cubed.ie/whoweare.html

• Advertisement

P-Cubed, Eishtec - where does she dream up this crap?

Either way, there's no way in hell I'd ever work for that woman after what she did to us.

That's exactly what i thought you meant :)

When they asked you did you have any questions, did you? :confused:

P-Cubed, Eishtec - where does she dream up this crap?

Either way, there's no way in hell I'd ever work for that woman after what she did to us.

What she do :eek:

I just asked about targets

Am really worrying now , I wasn't asked did I hav any questions!

And I was told it was mostly inbound calls.

Don't worry she said to me that its just a formality so they can make sure we would fit in. Hopefully we will all know tomorrow

ETA: and i was told it was all inbound calls too

Am really worrying now , I wasn't asked did I hav any questions!

And I was told it was mostly inbound calls.

I honestly couldnt think of 1 question except, "when will we hear back" although targets was a good one!!!

I was told inbound calls too but try and sell when they do ring!

So.... anyone get a call??

• Advertisement

So.... anyone get a call??

Have an assessment on Thurs in This is Up offices
    Got the call this evening

Advertisement