Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Have an assessment on Thurs in This is Up offices
    Got the call this evening

Im there next Thursday too!! :D

I wonder is it an aptitude test or ....?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

same as :)

I was told it was a 'recruitment assessment' what ever that is exactly:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Twoelles wrote: »
    same as :)

I was told it was a 'recruitment assessment' what ever that is exactly:confused:

Wonder will it be a group thing or individually.

Never did a group interview before :eek:

Never did a group interview before :eek:

I remember when I was interviewing for Rigney Dolphin years ago, part of the process was a group thing. there were about 10 of us all together in a room, we were given a topic to talk about for 5 minutes and they watched to see how we interacted within a group environment, then we had to go through different scenarios that may come up with callers on the phone and lastly we had to do a 'fake' phone call.

• Advertisement

Team Building Excercise it is :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanley2011

anyone any tips for second interview

anyone any tips for second interview

Its just an informal chat basically going through your experience... You wont even be 10 minutes

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sazie

anyone know what keltech is like? the ad says general ops wanted salary 17,550 per annum, sounds like a very bad deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sazie wrote: »
    anyone know what keltech is like? the ad says general ops wanted salary 17,550 per annum, sounds like a very bad deal

It's minimum wage € 8.65 per hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

sazie wrote: »

I have heard it described as hell on earth. Seemingly it's 5 12 hour days on min wage and your worked to the bone. I guess it depends on how much you need the wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

ziedth wrote: »
    I have heard it described as hell on earth. Seemingly it's 5 12 hour days on min wage and your worked to the bone. I guess it depends on how much you need the wage.

If it's 5 12hr days for 17,550 a year that's below minimum wage.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Dan133269 wrote: »
    If it's 5 12hr days for 17,550 a year that's below minimum wage.

Could well be a different shift but definately was the situation up there till a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

€17,550 is 39 hrs per week at €8.65.

Must be 3 x 12 hrs shifts one week and 4 x 12 hr shifts the next week with unpaid breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    €17,550 is 39 hrs per week at €8.65.

Must be 3 x 12 hrs shifts one week and 4 x 12 hr shifts the next week with unpaid breaks.

And no shift premuim either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

do a quick search..its supposed to be a nightmare to work there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

SUNGOD wrote: »
    do a quick search..its supposed to be a nightmare to work there

I would have thought engineering to be fairly skilled work but those are slave wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

its a gen op job, pushing things in and dragging things out of a machine press a button, make sure your fingers dont get caught and repeat for 10 to 12 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Just posted on the this is up facebook page:

195758_185809158134580_1371294_q.jpgThis is UP

Could our followers please share: Walk in interviews Wed/ Thursday 28/29th 10-3 at our offices in Maritana Gate. Contact centre/ Sales roles for January start.

Or if you just want to find out what we do and want to have a chat about your career/ direction drop in and see us. Make YOU a priority for 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Morning all.. I'm on the lookout for 2 Telesales Agents (€22k + bonus)- Permanent roles for long established company based just outside Waterford city) Emails to karen@thisisup.com or give me a call on 051 348323. Thanks Karen

From facebook

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tony's Takeaway in Tramore are opening a Deli and are looking for staff. Apply with CV to jobs@tonys.ie or hand in your CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does anyone know who runs door to door leafleting operations in Waterford? I take it they are not put through by employees of the various businesses who use flyers, if only because you usually get several different ones at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

mike65 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who runs door to door leafleting operations in Waterford? I take it they are not put through by employees of the various businesses who use flyers, if only because you usually get several different ones at the same time.
    www.waterforddistribution.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »

There are various businesses who do this. Some are just people employed by the business to go out cash in hand, others are companies who come down and do this as their job etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭munsterman2008

can some enlighten me as to how you apply for these eistech positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

can some enlighten me as to how you apply for these eistech positions?

Looking for the same. Can't seem to find anything online and my old TalkTalk buddies don't seem to be too helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deedoh

search for p-cubed in google and you can apply of that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I think its just go and drop them in a CV.

You can send them your CV on their website too.

If This is Up are still dealing with the recruitment just mail your CV to liz@thisisup.com

Just be prepared for 4 weeks unpaid training if you're successful

• Advertisement

If This is Up are still dealing with the recruitment just mail your CV to liz@thisisup.com

Just be prepared for 4 weeks unpaid training if you're successful

Week 1 of training done and so far so good... :D

Advertisement