Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Barratts shoes in City Square are looking for a supervisor

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

sophie22 wrote: »
    apply in store? checked the website but said no vacancies

This was advertised on fas with an e-mail address a few weeks back, I think there were 50+ positions, but the as has been removed now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

jammstarr wrote: »
    Gamestop have an opening for seasonal part time.

Dungarvan or Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

garv123 wrote: »
    Dungarvan or Waterford?

Haven't a clue sorry man. It's up on their site.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

garv123 wrote: »
    Dungarvan or Waterford?

Both afaik its a national request

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

Heard an ad on WLR today;; Exciting opportunity for door to door sales people in the run up to Xmas or something like that.

hourly rate of pay & excellent commission, previous sales experience essential, apply with a CV and cover letter to recruitingwaterford@gmail.com by the 17th of October.

could be worth a shot, nothing to lose

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Has anyone got a start/finish time for the Job Expo in Friday? I'm working till 2 but i'd have go suit up and all that so I'd imagine it would be nearer 3 by the time I could go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

ziedth wrote: »
    Has anyone got a start/finish time for the Job Expo in Friday? I'm working till 2 but i'd have go suit up and all that so I'd imagine it would be nearer 3 by the time I could go in there.

Was debating a suit or maybe smart casual.... thanks for making my decision :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alpha Design has a Sales & Marketing position open at the moment. The candidate will be working with Alpha Design and our sister businesses. Candidates who are applying for this job should have experience.

Please note that this is a commission based position to start with ahead of an hourly rate of pay.

The work will consist of morning and afternoon work, five days a week.

Feel free to send me a PM for more information. If you wish to apply for this position, please email jobs@alphadesign.ie with a cover letter and CV. References are required.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Oh I'd def go with a suit TBH. My theory on these kind of things is that it's better to be remembered as the only guy who arrived in a suit then to be remembered as the the only guy who didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

So who are the financial groups that are going to be there? and what are the jobs in the financial services area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Dan133269 wrote: »
    So who are the financial groups that are going to be there? and what are the jobs in the financial services area?
    KPMG are there anyway. I'd say some of the recruitment companies will have some financial services jobs on their books. Also, while some of the companies might not be financial services, they might have finance related jobs. Here's the list of companies:

Taxback.com, Datapac, Matrix Recruitment, Dawn Meats, Sun Life Financial, Genzyme, Schivo Group, HCS Business Solutions, Hartley Recruitment, Noel Recruitment, State Street, Global Business Register, Morgan McKinley, Excel Recruitment, WIT Careers Advice, Glanbia and KPMG.
    9.30am to 7.00pm so you'll have plenty of time.

Oh I'd def go with a suit TBH. My theory on these kind of things is that it's better to be remembered as the only guy who arrived in a suit then to be remembered as the the only guy who didn't.

Or the only girl :D

Best of luck there ;)

KPMG are there anyway. I'd say some of the recruitment companies will have some financial services jobs on their books. Also, while some of the companies might not be financial services, they might have finance related jobs. Here's the list of companies:

Taxback.com, Datapac, Matrix Recruitment, Dawn Meats, Sun Life Financial, Genzyme, Schivo Group, HCS Business Solutions, Hartley Recruitment, Noel Recruitment, State Street, Global Business Register, Morgan McKinley, Excel Recruitment, WIT Careers Advice, Glanbia and KPMG.

9.30am to 7.00pm so you'll have plenty of time.

Cheers, lack of retail companies there is a little worrying for me personally but I think it could be worth a look for anyone. If anything put your CV into the recruitment companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Cheers, lack of retail companies there is a little worrying for me personally but I think it could be worth a look for anyone. If anything put your CV into the recruitment companies.

Ziedth, 3 Ireland are looking for a store manager for their shop. Would that be something you'd be interested in?

Dunphys are looking for staff at the moment also (for those looking for that type of work).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Ok now I am paranoid. My husband is going and wasn't sure what to wear. Jeans and shirt too casual??? By the way starts at 9.30 finishes at 7

Ok now I am paranoid. My husband is going and wasn't sure what to wear. Jeans and shirt too casual??? By the way starts at 9.30 finishes at 7

It's personal choice, it's not an interview so it definately wouldn't be expected to wear a suit. If he has one it couldn't hurt but if he doesn't jeans and shirt i'm sure will be fine. Black pants and shirt/tie are also just as good as a suit IMHO.

Id say cords and a shirt over jeans and a shirt tbh. A suit would also work fine, some people wear them and some people don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Yeah, no construction companies either, but sure that's to be expected really, not much happening in those sectors. Excel Recruitment are a retail recruitment agency, so they might have something.

• Advertisement

Ziedth, 3 Ireland are looking for a store manager for their shop. Would that be something you'd be interested in?

Theyre also looking for 1-2 sales advisors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

As the lads said, cords and a shirt or black pants and a shirt are probably a better option. I'd probably go full suit myself but, if he doesn't have one, either of the above would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 feelingwoof

Anyone ever done the aptitude test for Merck Sharp and Dohme Carlow??
    Hey Ken, just wondering did you do the assessment up there also? if so what kind of things do they make ye do, or what are they looking for??

Just wondering would you have an advice on the assessment and interview as i have one next Monday. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Saw signs on storm cinema's Windows when I passed today, they are looking for part-time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Just wondering would you have an advice on the assessment and interview as i have one next Monday. Cheers.

Theres 2 interviews and a group activity. The group activity is just a group of ye given a scenario , no right or wrong answers they're just studying how you communicate etc. so just make sure you are involved and not sitting back, show that you are listening to others ideas while putting foirward your own.

With the interviews much sure you have clear examples of whatever you have down on your CV they asked for a lot of examples.

Good luck with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 feelingwoof

Theres 2 interviews and a group activity. The group activity is just a group of ye given a scenario , no right or wrong answers they're just studying how you communicate etc. so just make sure you are involved and not sitting back, show that you are listening to others ideas while putting foirward your own.

With the interviews much sure you have clear examples of whatever you have down on your CV they asked for a lot of examples.

Good luck with it anyway.

Thanks for that. How did you get on yourself, any word back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

anybody know of any part time or even seasonal jobs for someone like myself, 16 y/o 6th year student? tried McDonalds and Gamestop and got rejected in both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

PERSIST , go back to maccas and gamestop every week or two , eagerness and showing a will to succeed might just get you the break that you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

daftdave wrote: »
    PERSIST , go back to maccas and gamestop every week or two , eagerness and showing a will to succeed might just get you the break that you need.

Great advice...you never know when someone will callin sick and pissoff the manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Evelynmc

200 construction jobs to be created in Waterford
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1115/jobs.html

Advertisement