Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

mbur wrote: »
    Mary is never too far away from this show. Keep listening lads and lasses. There will be some good music later.

I don't think I can stand much more of Mary talking about sex! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

sudzs wrote: »
    I don't think I can stand much more of Mary talking about sex! :eek:

Yeeeeeeeeuukk! :eek: I'll have to get that image out of my head before heading out later.:rolleyes:

Never listen to JM anymore, but why, oh why is Mammy constantly getting free airtime from him and (to a lesser extent) Maid Marion?

I foresee the day when John Murray takes a barely deserved holiday and leaves Mammy to mind the shop.

A spot as "guest presenter" preaching on National radio seems a more attractive canvassing tactic than having to go around Athlone knocking on doors and having to listen to other opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

<Snip>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod note: Play nice please.

Itzy wrote: »
    Mod note: Play nice please.

Sorry, didn't think it was too bad. :o Point taken!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She popped up on Newstalk yesterday and we can expect to hear a lot more from her in the coming days and weeks as her book hits the shelves.

It was launched in Dublin last night.

Some of the comments following this aricle tell their own story regarding her 'popularity'.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

How did she manage to stay off the radio for long enough to write the book?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

It disgusts my heart and soul that this parasitical, overweight (with Patrick Guilbaud dinners paid for by us taxpayers), ridiculously overpaid member of the Lenihan oligarchy in Irish politics is being given all this free publicity by the Irish media. As I said here before: O'Rourke and her entire family have been feeding at the political trough for far too many decades now. Parasites. Parasites. Parasites. With such political oligarchies, what a pathetic royalty-in-disguise democracy we Irish have created since 6 December 1922!

This is the self-serving bitch - as self-serving as those bastards O'Donoghue, Ahern, Flynn, McCreevy, McDowell, Burke and Lawlor - who, like a blast from 16th century England, back in 2008 claimed that Irish people condemning the ethics of Patrick Bartholomew Ahern were guilty of "treason".

Don't forget it. That is the corrupt "you scratch my back; I'll scratch yours" Ireland which this woman stands for. The people who find her entertaining are the same clowns who think Ahern etc are acceptable because they're "one of the lads".

I don't know which is worse: the Irish electorate for being sneaking regarders of people like O'Rourke, or the Irish media for being parasites of all people with power in this society.

Either way, it's not the sort of just Ireland that James Connolly, or even conservatives like Seán Mac Diarmada, died for.

Rebelheart wrote: »
    It disgusts my heart and soul that this parasitical, overweight (with Patrick Guilbaud dinners paid for by us taxpayers), ridiculously overpaid member of the Lenihan oligarchy in Irish politics is being given all this free publicity by the Irish media. As I said here before: O'Rourke and her entire family have been feeding at the political trough for far too many decades now. Parasites. Parasites. Parasites. With such political oligarchies, what a pathetic royalty-in-disguise democracy we Irish have created since 6 December 1922!

This is the self-serving bitch - as self-serving as those bastards O'Donoghue, Ahern, Flynn, McCreevy, McDowell, Burke and Lawlor - who, like a blast from 16th century England, back in 2008 claimed that Irish people condemning the ethics of Patrick Bartholomew Ahern were guilty of "treason".

Don't forget it. That is the corrupt "you scratch my back; I'll scratch yours" Ireland which this woman stands for. The people who find her entertaining are the same clowns who think Ahern etc are acceptable because they're "one of the lads".

I don't know which is worse: the Irish electorate for being sneaking regarders of people like O'Rourke, or the Irish media for being parasites of all people with power in this society.

Either way, it's not the sort of just Ireland that James Connolly, or even conservatives like Seán Mac Diarmada, died for.

The above for me is possibly the "Post of the Year" on boards! Bravo!

Heard she was on the Late Late on Friday. I assume Ryan F.F. Turbridy gave her an easy ride (unfortunate choice of words there!!!!!!!! Imagine....actually, don't! :eek::eek:)? Anyone see it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I couldn't agree more. Totally in the mould of Ahern and Reynolds, a bluffer, waffler and FF ward boss of the highest order. She had a habit of talking over people to browbeat them in alleged debate. It's a good job she's out of office.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Heard she was on the Late Late on Friday. I assume Ryan F.F. Turbridy gave her an easy ride (unfortunate choice of words there!!!!!!!! Imagine....actually, don't! :eek::eek:)? Anyone see it?

It was nauseating stuff.. I have a copy of it ... I was working that night and recorded it. Her two sons were in the audience as she discussed her difficulties in procreating...

It was like an instructional video to help young FF women plan their cycle so as to maximize the chance of fertilizing good FF eggs.. (cos god knows we've had enough bad FF eggs)..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I suppose she'll be availing of Charlie's artist exemption tax as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rebelheart wrote: »
    It disgusts my heart and soul that this parasitical, overweight (with Patrick Guilbaud dinners paid for by us taxpayers), ridiculously overpaid member of the Lenihan oligarchy in Irish politics is being given all this free publicity by the Irish media......

I made a point in a similar vein on the LLS thread the other night but it went largely unnoticed unfortunately.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Welsh Megamanviewpost.gif

On tonights show - Mary O'Rourke

Thats my mind made up.

Pub it is.

I can't sit through an interview with that woman.

Given how she and her family have contributed to screwing up this country, I find it difficult to understand how she is afforded so much airtime.

And now she is being invited on to plug her book. This baffles me.

Wouldn't happen in Greece or Portugal. mad.png

I didn't wait around to see the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Lapin wrote: »
    I made a point in a similar vein on the LLS thread the other night but it went largely unnoticed unfortunately.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Welsh Megamanviewpost.gif

On tonights show - Mary O'Rourke

Thats my mind made up.

Pub it is.

I can't sit through an interview with that woman.

Given how she and her family have contributed to screwing up this country, I find it difficult to understand how she is afforded so much airtime.

And now she is being invited on to plug her book. This baffles me.

Wouldn't happen in Greece or Portugal. mad.png

I didn't wait around to see the interview.

Ah now, Lapin, you were missed - no-one to pour the whikey..........

MO'R was a nightmare.........A poor show to embarrass her children and play on her family/stories (yes, Mary, we all have them!) in your worst scenario of a family wedding/funeral.....

I am still reeling over her facetiousness that she thinks she is "My Mammy"...

And I'm not doing a FF thing...........She is not fooling anyone.

Grrrr............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Her two sons were in the audience

Anyone know if one of them is going to try to inherit her legacy by standing for election, or has the "Entitlement" gene died out in that family?

She was on Nationwide this evening with Mary Kennedy, plugging her new book talking about how lovely Athlone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

sligojoek wrote: »
    I suppose she'll be availing of Charlie's artist exemption tax as well

Penny drops.

Nauseating.

"It was the bankers that told the fibs" Christ on bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

sligojoek wrote: »
    She was on Nationwide this evening with Mary Kennedy, plugging her new book talking about how lovely Athlone is.

Saw that. The entire RTÉ machine is doing its damnedest to put more money in her pocket.

And to think she gets paid for every appearance she makes on RTÉ Radio. :mad:

I know.

Between the Late Late Show and Nationwide, she's had about 30 mins of prime time advertising at the licence payers expense. I'm sure she's been doing the rounds on the radio as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Dirigent wrote: »
    Anyone know if one of them is going to try to inherit her legacy by standing for election, or has the "Entitlement" gene died out in that family?

http://www.aengusorourke.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah but he's the adopted one.. He's get out of the whole "dynasty" assertion on a technicality..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

His number 1 news article is how he pledged in 2009 to have a newsletter. Since then 3 issues (one a year) :pac:

You have to scroll way down to find the FF logo!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Dear God, make it stop. Make. It. Stop!

Mammy apparently pours absolute scorn on the late Garret FitzGerald in her new buke. (I haven't read, and certainly won't buy the book).

I wonder is this in any way related to the infamous incident where he went to the lower Dawson St area in the middle of the night and personally checked the possibility of fitting in the tramlines, whereas Mammy was always happy to commission yet another report from overseas consultants before making a decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Ladies and Gentlemen, please keep on topic. Continue to stray off topic and posts will be deleted.

Mammy warning: Avoid RTE Radio 1 for the next hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's after saying on John Murray that the Eircom debacle was great for the country. Delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

She's back praising Bertie on John Murray. Little to say but does use a lot of words to express that.Give us a break RTE

Advertisement