Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Mary O'Rourke - 'The Mouth of the South'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mary O'Rourke - 'The Mouth of the South'
    I think you mean The Midlands!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Tempting faith with this book title:

'Before I became president' by Mary O'Rourke.

We will all have our copies in 10 years time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

She was on Murray earlier talking about the presidential debate. She was unfunny, he was unfunny. Woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Hippo wrote: »
    She was on Murray earlier talking about the presidential debate. She was unfunny, he was unfunny. Woeful.
    The bit that had me reaching for the dial was when she made a grab for the sympathy vote by mentioning her dear lost nephew, the unfortunate Brian.

It made me recall this comment from Gerald Celente:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfOMl6Rw4cc#t=4m00s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

On John Murray again this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

She was unfunny, he was unfunny.

I think it was not unfunny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Madam Eircon fears Inquiries by democratically elected appointees

She's quite vocal about the matter

Madam Eircon being a FFer has plenty to fear of Inquiries

time to clean up the FFilth

stop giving Madam Eircon airtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A poisonous woman is what she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

charlemont wrote: »
    A poisonous woman is what she is.

She's got a buke coming out. She needs every opportunity to keep her name in the public domain. She probably even reads this thread :rolleyes:!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mary on John Murray, showing her class again, doing impressions of Michael D. Very dignified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mammy seems to be coming such a fixture on Murrays' Show (which thankfully I manage to miss most of) that I'm wondering is the day too far off when she is offered the role of "guest presenter" for the entire Show next time JM decides to take a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Does she get paid for these appearances? Anyone know...?

I doubt if she'd get out of her bath :eek: unless she was paid ;)

FOI request on just how much in order then by an inquisitive journalist. They question I would have is "Why is she being paid??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Mammy sticking the oar in for the No vote in Oireachtas committee ref on Primetime now...

Saw her on PT as well, is there any spray or ointment that can be bought to get her off the national airwaves?

It's getting to the stage that I'll need one of these marking an "X" next to the no box on that ballot tomorrow.

Peg+on+Nose.jpg

Look at some of the company....

Mammy (but of course)

McDowell

FF and their assorted hacks

The Irish Legal industrial complex

Richboy Barrett, and fcku knows how many other people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

....oh well, at least I can vote to dock those hardworking judge's wage packets anyway.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

MadsL wrote: »
    FOI request on just how much in order then by an inquisitive journalist. They question I would have is "Why is she being paid??"

Whatever about her payments for these radio appearances, according to a Drivetime report on Sinn Féin questions in Dáil Éireann today, the backstabbing treacherous little bitch that is Mary O'Rourke is paid €117,000 every year as a pension from the taxpayers of Ireland. She has been in receipt of a pension since 1992, when she was 55. Unfuckingbelievable.

For the rest of us, we get a pension when we reach the age of 65. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Rebelheart wrote: »
    For the rest of us, we get a pension when we reach the age of 65. Disgusting.

67. Thanks to her buddy Mary Hanafin. I wonder how much she's getting, she is (afaik) 51.

Edit: She's 52.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dirigent wrote: »
    67. Thanks to her buddy Mary Hanafin. I wonder how much she's getting, she is (afaik) 51.

68 if you were born after 1960.

Whatever you think of Mammie and the rest of them getting pensions, it was once again a breathtaking exercise in hypocrisy for SF to raise this issue when you consider the hundreds of thousands of pounds Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness have claimed in MPs expenses for flats in London they have never lived in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

They can claim what they like from the Crown as far as I'm concerned... they're not the only MPs that were on the fiddle when it comes to accomodation expenses. Fairly sure Doherty never sat in Westminister either.

The difference with our lot is that it's not a fiddle...it's 100% legal and contracted for and the sums the Armani duo claimed pale in significance alongside the telephone number TD pensions we're paying, for what were very mediocre past performances, and over the course of decades in some cases, amounting to millions.
    Swinging from the taxpayer teat... jesus mammy would be almost worth the money if she'd ever just go away quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Mary, back on John Murray at 9. His first guest. Quietly sticking up for Brian the buried and confirming that Brian the bad was a booze freak. That man Biffo has enough knives in his back to start a cutlery shop. It took these goons over twelve years to properly screw this country with their 'be nice to our buddies, banks and builders' policies. Cowan was just the fool holding the reins at the ugly end. (not pun intended)

The way Mary was lunging away, I nearly took my ears elsewhere but as usual there was nowhere to go. I was about to break out the Cd collection but John's next guest was his savoir. Luke Ming Flannigan telling us about his Hemp suit. I wish there were more like him. An antidote to Mary, 'Queen of Spin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭HugoBradyBrown

mbur wrote: »
    Mary, back on John Murray at 9. His first guest. Quietly sticking up for Brian the buried and confirming that Brian the bad was a booze freak. That man Biffo has enough knives in his back to start a cutlery shop. It took these goons over twelve years to properly screw this country with their 'be nice to our buddies, banks and builders' policies. Cowan was just the fool holding the reins at the ugly end. (not pun intended)

The way Mary was lunging away, I nearly took my ears elsewhere but as usual there was nowhere to go. I was about to break out the Cd collection but John's next guest was his savoir. Luke Ming Flannigan telling us about his Hemp suit. I wish there were more like him. An antidote to Mary, 'Queen of Spin'.

Nothing better than Mary O'Rourke? And why the need for a thread about a historical figure who is still haunting the corridors of Radio Centre? Surely there are better things to do, such as to follow Lucinda or someone lively like that, who gives value in present-day currency?

Nothing better than Mary O'Rourke, you say? Nowhere better to go on the dial, you claim?

At 9 am there is always somewhere better to go: you can catch the last and, arguably, most leisurely hour of Marty's show Marty in the Morning, on RTE Lyric FM, running from 7 to 10 am, weekdays. Yesterday morning you could have heard his third interview of the week with the Welsh Linnet, Katherine Jenkins. Tomorrow we have Neven Maguire on the show in that hour, with timely, toothsome and moneysaving recipes to seduce the palate and leave the purse untouched.

'Music On The Move', I would call it, and a far cry from Mary O'Rourke!

Hugo Brady Brown

mbur wrote: »
    Luke Ming Flannigan telling us about his Hemp suit. I wish there were more like him. An antidote to Mary, 'Queen of Spin'.

Ming does his own spin when it comes to turf cutting. His depiction of rural idyll with horny handed fellas footin' a bit o'turf is a far cry from the reality of mechanical JCB and machine extraction.

Massive spin from the Mingster; but that's another day's work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Nothing better than Mary O'Rourke? And why the need for a thread about a historical figure who is still haunting the corridors of Radio Centre? Surely there are better things to do, such as to follow Lucinda or someone lively like that, who gives value in present-day currency?

Nothing better than Mary O'Rourke, you say? Nowhere better to go on the dial, you claim?

At 9 am there is always somewhere better to go: you can catch the last and, arguably, most leisurely hour of Marty's show Marty in the Morning, on RTE Lyric FM, running from 7 to 10 am, weekdays. Yesterday morning you could have heard his third interview of the week with the Welsh Linnet, Katherine Jenkins. Tomorrow we have Neven Maguire on the show in that hour, with timely, toothsome and moneysaving recipes to seduce the palate and leave the purse untouched.

'Music On The Move', I would call it, and a far cry from Mary O'Rourke!

Hugo Brady Brown

I am 30, not 50.

I would rather listen to radio without this hasbeen whoring herself throughout RTE

Slidey wrote: »
    I am 30, not 50.

I would rather listen to radio without this hasbeen whoring herself throughout RTE

Perhaps I misunderstand the point, but '30 not 50'?

If it's the age range suitable for Marty in the Morning that's in question, it attracts a large audience running all the way from schoolchildren sending in limericks (to Limerick!) by text from the motor on their way to school to people in their 90's; I know of one gay old lady of 92 who listens to the entire show, alternatively rolling around with laughter at Mart's banter with the listener and wiping away a nostalgic tear when he plays some old, heartwarming number from long ago, such as "Peter, Paul & Mary", as yesterday.

I know of one gay old lady of 92 who listens to the entire show

Marty in Lesbian Granny Radio Orgy Shocker!!

"Peter, Paul & Mary too!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭GSF

Slidey wrote: »
    I am 30, not 50.

Ah now, Hugo is to Marty as Mary is to John Murray. You will eat into the RTE PR budget even further if you keep rejecting the Messiah in the morning.

MadsL wrote: »
    Marty in Lesbian Granny Radio Orgy Shocker!!

"Peter, Paul & Mary too!!"

As it happens, this lady is no granny, since she never married!

I am impervious to the implication in the quote of 'Peter, Paul & Mary', but I always welcome enlightenment. Lighten our darkness ....

• Advertisement

GSF wrote: »
    Ah now, Hugo is to Marty as Mary is to John Murray. You will eat into the RTE PR budget even further if you keep rejecting the Messiah in the morning.

Sorry, GSF, I realise that I am probably dull or slow or not 'with it', but I don't grasp the meaning of your post. I feel as if I speak a different language, I and the 92-year olds among us! Can you explain, please?

Advertisement