Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

She's after saying on John Murray that the Eircom debacle was great for the country. Delusional.

Surely you must have misheard. She must have said "Great for the Asset Strippers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

She has no shame, None whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah Here.

Now she's doing an agony aunt column (full page, one problem. And a sidebar with next week's problem) in one of the Saturday indo magazines.

Sorry if it's completely off the radio thread topic but it kinda fits in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

She will be on Matt Coopers show on TodayFM today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Poaching pushing her bog roll now on today fm

• Advertisement

pushing her bog roll now on today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

She is on with Matt Cooper NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sell the state assets for short term gain, is that it? Certainly in line with the rest of FF's short sighted policies anyway...

I didnt think I could hate her any more than I do, but there you go... I do.. :mad:

Good interview by Matt...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

A double whammy this morning: Mary O'Rourke talking to an equally self-serving parasite on Irish taxpayers, Marian Finucane.

It's sickening, truly sickening how the entire RTÉ machine is giving her all this free publicity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rebelheart wrote: »

It's sickening, truly sickening how the entire RTÉ machine is giving her all this free publicity.

True.

This is a woman who, with the help of her family (both political and blood related), managed to destroy this country and screw it up for generations yet to come.

Yet in the last 10 days she has been given free publicity to further enrich her life on The Late Late Show, Nationwide, The John Murray Show, and the Marian Finnucane programme. All programmes with high viewer / listenership ratings.

I can think of many far more credible authors who would relish the opportunity to gain, even a small fraction of the publicity our state broadcaster has afforded O'Rourke recently.

It sickens me to think that I am compelled by law to buy a licence which ultimately funds TV and radio appearances for a woman who should be in prison for crimes against the people of this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Lapin wrote: »

This is a woman who, with the help of her family (both political and blood related), managed to destroy this country and screw it up for generations yet to come.

I think its a bit harsh to blame her for everything......

ArthurG wrote: »

OK, maybe a tad harsh to blame her for everything, but she sat at Ahern's Cabinet table when the seeds of our destruction were sown. And she didn't retire, she lost her seat. And ever since she's been lording over us from every radio and TV station in the country with her soft-focus spin on things, which involves blaming someone else for anything.

ArthurG wrote: »

I didn't blame her for everything.

I said

However she did sit at the cabinet table, and under the practice of collective responsibility during decision making at that table, she is as much to blame as anyone else.

Furthermore it is she who is putting herself in the firing line for condemnation and ridicule by continuing to appear in the public eye with her constant media appearances, memoir, and now an agony aunt column in a national newspaper just to add further insult to further injury.

I don't understand this veneration for O'Rourke. Would her former colleagues such as Martin Cullen, Mary Harney, Noel Dempsey, Dermot Ahern, Mary Coughlan et al receive such favourable media attention.
    I doubt it and also doubt any of them would have the neck to seek it.

Even Bertie seems to have realised now that most of us would prefer it if he kept his trap shut and stayed the hell out of our sight.

O'Rourke's former colleagues copped on after the last election to the fact that they weren't welcome anymore. Some of them even got the message before the election. O'Rourke doesn't get it at all.

And I make no apology for saying that all of them should be in prison for crimes against the state, and face a 99% tax on all their pensions upon their eventual release.

Oops

I didn't blame her for everything.

Your bold emphasis would suggest otherwise. To paraphrase:

"The woman who, ....with help...., destroyed the country." What else could you mean?.

And yes I find her entertaining.

Some people find circus clowns entertaining too. Perhaps if she chose a career as an entertainer rather than as a politician we might not be in such a mess.

And at least she could appear as a guest on Joe's funny Friday taking the píss out of other politicians as opposed to the others on there taking the píss out of her.

Some people find circus clowns entertaining too

Lol.

I'm stoopid because I disagree with you?.

Tell you what, when you grow out of playground insults come back and we'll have a proper chat.

P.S. That's a deliberate misspell in there in case you were going to pick up on it as evidence of my dim-wittedness

I've never called anyone stupid (or even stoopid) in my life.

And I fail to see where I have insulted you in my comments above.

Lets not drag this off topic. I think I've made my feelings about Mary O'Rourke perfectly clear without insulting anybody.

Perhaps you would like to offer something in her defence, rather than just telling us you find her entertaining.

I see shameless Mammy is milking the funeral of Paidí O'Sé for all it's worth over on NewsWaffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Dirigent wrote: »
    I see shameless Mammy is milking the funeral of Paidí O'Sé for all it's worth over on NewsWaffle.
    In fairness to her, she (along with Padraig O'Ceide) was brought on to talk about this report, but was asked about Paidi while she was on.

Now Mary hadn't read the report, or even the reporting on the report, so Jonathon Healy had to tell her what was in it on-air. That didn't stop her from giving us all the benefit of her wisdom, or from mentioning her book :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

She's going to be on the History show on Newstalk in a minute. 'Talking about what it was like to be a government minister'. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

aphex™ wrote: »
    She's going to be on the History show on Newstalk in a minute. 'Talking about what it was like to be a government minister'. :mad:
    I wait with baited breath for her to decribe how she and her colleagues bankrupted the country.

Mammy on Ray D'Arcy at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two months without a sighting! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

She was at the Ennis Book Club Festival last weekend talking about corruption and power. Wasn't there myself so I can't tell you what gems of wisdom she imparted.

Radio5 wrote: »
    She was at the Ennis Book Club Festival last weekend talking about corruption and power.

After a lifetime in Fianna Fail, she is well disposed to talk at length about both of those subjects.

I'd rather she gave such talks to fellow cellmates in the Dochas Centre, than at the freedom of book festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'd rather she gave such talks to fellow cellmates in the Dochas Centre.

Ah here - that's a very unfair, cruel and unusual punishment
    (for the rest of de wimmen in de Dochas)

She is now on whom ever is covering for Matt Cooper right now speaking about her grand-mothering skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The stand in is not having a great show, perfunctory questions being put, and a general lack of control/accuracy and insight describing the exit of Kidney "as a bit of shock" and wondering about the timing. Clearly not remotely clued in.

• Advertisement

Mary must have been keeping low last while but raising her head again on news at 1

Advertisement