Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

mike65 wrote: »
    This thread has gone quiet!

She's a guest on Sam Smyths show.

Pity - often listen to SS on the way to work.....ah, well.....

What it the story with this obnoxious deluded twit and SS, anyway ? She seems to pop up on it to spout her nonsense FAR too often!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

She backed up all the political dopes of FF when they were caught with their trousers around their ankles, she is one big Sh%t licker :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

A member of her family has passed away. And where's Mary? On the Radio of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be fair someone was always going to phone her and she didn't linger long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Dirigent wrote: »
    A member of her family has passed away. And where's Mary? On the Radio of course.

My respect for Mary O'Rourke has gone even further down. I don't understand it could be possible for her to be able to talk on the radio so close to Mr Lenihan's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

My respect for Mary O'Rourke has gone even further down. I don't understand it could be possible for her to be able to talk on the radio so close to Mr Lenihan's death.
    Give the woman a break! Family probably getting lots of calls
    from the media for comment, it was short it was emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dirigent wrote: »

And you use this an excuse to have a go at her.

Stones, glasshouses.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Give the woman a break! Family probably getting lots of calls
    from the media for comment, it was short it was emotional.

If someone that close to me died, I don't care how many calls I was getting, I would not be making a comment on national media. I didn't see any of Garett Fitzgerald's family in the media within hours of his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If someone that close to me died, I don't care how many calls I was getting, I would not be making a comment on national media. I didn't see any of Garett Fitzgerald's family in the media within hours of his death.
    Different strokes for different folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

By her coming out and giving an interview it takes pressure off other members of the family. For all we know it could have been a family decision for her to do so. I think criticising her in this instance is a bit unfair really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

the point of these threads is not to try to be fair or balanced, but to use every opportunity and interpret every action in the worst possible light. If Mary O'Rourke found a cure for cancer, there would be those on here who would find a way to use that as another stick with which to beat her.

easychair wrote: »
    the point of these threads is not to try to be fair or balanced, but to use every opportunity and interpret every action in the worst possible light. If Mary O'Rourke found a cure for cancer, there would be those on here who would find a way to use that as another stick with which to beat her.

She puts herself out there at every opportunity and has a track record of spouting nonsense.....at one stage claiming that FF should call an election while voting the exact opposite.

So if she gets flack for that, or if people get fed up with radio stations using her inane contributions, it's her own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

What she seems to be getting flak for now is daring to speak about the premature death of her nephew. If she was only getting flak for her political shenanigans, then that would be fine. If you are unable to see that no matter what she does some here will twist and turn it as an excuse to berate her, then you are unable to see that. To berate her for daring to speak about her nephew's premature death seems unfair and seems to show that prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    She puts herself out there at every opportunity and has a track record of spouting nonsense....
    Kinda like the way you have a strong track record of FF bashing at any given opportunity. Its's kind of pathetic at this stage.

Aidric wrote: »
    Kinda like the way you have a strong track record of FF bashing at any given opportunity. Its's kind of pathetic at this stage.

No, I don't "bash"

It's the use of the word "bash" to try to make any valid criticism seem unfair that's pathetic.

I haven't ONCE said one thing and acted the complete opposite (her "FF should call an election" bullcrap), nor have I supported parties that have massive numbers of corrupt high-level members, nor have I (nor would I) excuse my nephew if he sold the country down the swanee with a sickeningly unfair and unlimited bank guarantee that inexplicably included a massive cesspit.

So your comparison is, quite frankly, tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Crystalset

Aidric wrote: »
    Kinda do not kind of understand. Sorta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She was on Newstalk this morning telling Ivan & Chris that wages in education can't be touched because Irish teachers are the best in Europe and love their children.

Oh, and there's the Croke Park agreement too.

Nearly two months between posts, I said once she was "out of the loop" we'd hardly hear from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nearly two months between posts, I said once she was "out of the loop" we'd hardly hear from her.

In fairness, following the death of her nephew, maybe staying out off the radio was more to do with that, than any political relevance the woman might have (which is very little IMO)...you might expect to hear her creeping back in to talking head slots over the next while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭GSF

Wait till her book gets published. You will regret saying that! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

She was doing TV rather than radio- TV3 standing in for Vinno Browne!

Heard a clip of her on one of the stations where she was claiming that whoever was President wouldn't be able to speak their mind and would be off-limits for 7 years....

.....she called it "a prison", but I suddenly thought "Mary O'Rourke for President" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmm can't think of too many instances where Mammy 'spoke her mind' when she was actually a member of a failed Govt.

Plenty of auld rhetoric and rá meish when she is just collecting a huge wedge of taxpayers money and she is no longer relevant of course.

Anyone who puts too much importance on the mammy's utterances these days needs to take a look at themselves.

Time she faded off the scene with her dynasty.

Hmmm can't think of too many instances where Mammy 'spoke her mind' when she was actually a member of a failed Govt.

She did once or twice, on-air, but she is a complete contemptible hypocrite because she never voted or acted accordingly in the Dáil.

That AND the general inane ràmeis she comes out with are the reason 7 years of silence from her is VERY appealing; I don't know why radio shows value her contributions - I don't think I've EVER heard her say something worthwhile or consistent with her actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I believe this thread may have got a reference on five-seven live yesterday. Ferghal Keane was doing a report on "where are they now: the careers of former Government ministers" and he referred to internet discussions [he may have said websites] which had been set up just to keep track the Mammy O'Rourke's public broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

later10 wrote: »
    I believe this thread may have got a reference on five-seven live yesterday. Ferghal Keane was doing a report on "where are they now: the careers of former Government ministers" and he referred to internet discussions [he may have said websites] which had been set up just to keep track the Mammy O'Rourke's public broadcasting.

Yes, heard that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

later10 wrote: »
    It's nice to be noticed. :)

Gold star for us :)

mary-oorourke.jpg?d=600

(the other Mary O'Rourke)

Tasty! But does she talk ****e too ?

• Advertisement

On Pat Kenny making excuses for Bertie.

Plus ça change...

Advertisement