Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

The Sindo's and The Mail's lastest constituency by constituency guides are predicting that Mary will be losing her seat. Boards.ie's poll have her 10th in a 4 seat constituency. Obscurity beckons, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nah! The senate beckons for her.

Not if FG/Lab make good on their promise to get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

But there will be an interim senate until it can be abolished. She will be there until the bitter end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She's back and forward between the Seanad and the Dáil more often than a tennis ball in Wimbledon.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I just had look at how appointments to the Seanad are made and even with a FG/Labour Government it is possible she could be back. Ah ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

She's on TV - PRIME TIME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

She has no shame..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She just spoke on Newstalk and conceded defeat.

She also said she doesn't want a seat in The Senate.

Love her or hate her, politics will be less colourful without her.

Not that we've heard the last of her by any means.

In fact she'll now have more time on her hands to conduct radio interviews.

Oh, she also happened to mention that there's a book on the way.

Expect this thread to become known as Mary O'Rourke Plug Watch in the months ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

All political careers end in failure, but rarely such a record of abject failure as Mammy's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lapin wrote: »
    Expect this thread to become known as Mary O'Rourke Plug Watch in the months ahead.

I would be very worried that this will give her more time to appear on panel shows and the like..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Lapin wrote: »
    She just spoke on Newstalk and conceded defeat.

She also said she doesn't want a seat in The Senate.

Love her or hate her, politics will be less colourful without her.

Not that we've heard the last of her by any means.

In fact she'll now have more time on her hands to conduct radio interviews.

Oh, she also happened to mention that there's a book on the way.

My proud and noble cock poster, politics will be all the better that Mammy has finally been given a boot up the hole from the electorate.

Waste of taxpayers money, pontificating about events from the sidelines,even though she was a central part of the Govt. who fcuked up this country.

Piss off now Mammy and don't impose yourself and your outrageous pension on the public.

Your race has run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was thinking about this, as she is no longer in the Dail and FF are not in power she will increasingly be out of the loop and so I suspect radio producers will phase her out, rather than seek her "insight" at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That hasn't stopped her before.:rolleyes:
    She was on radio last year talking about the FG leadership battle and her first answer to the question about what was going on was 'I don't know' but they still let her speculate and blather for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It hasn't stopped RTE/Newstalk/Today FM you mean, they phone her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Good riddence. She should have stayed out of politics after the clusterfúck of the Eircom privatisation. Instead, Bertie puts her into the palace of the undead politicians; the Seanad.

/bye bye Mammy. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

And thar she blows!
    Get used to it, the old witch will be sent by PK to report on cake events and jumble sales around the country on a weekly basis - mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

She's on Midlands 103 this morning talking about the book she's going to write ! :rolleyes:

ghosttown wrote: »
    the book she's going to write ! :rolleyes:

"Fianna Fail - My role in It's downfall?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I heard Mammy O Rourke on Radio 1 this morning talking to Pat Kenny and she said "In the election Fianna Fail got what they deserved". I agree with her but if she thought FF were doing something wrong why didn't she call a halt to it and voice her opinion before this.
    BTW she also managed to get in a plug for her book. Surprise surprise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I heard Mammy O Rourke on Radio 1 this morning talking to Pat Kenny and she said "In the election Fianna Fail got what they deserved". I agree with her but if she thought FF were doing something wrong why didn't she call a halt to it and voice her opinion before this.
    BTW she also managed to get in a plug for her book. Surprise surprise!

Don't worry boys and girls, Mammy will soon fade away.

You see , the media will lose interest in a loser very fast.

That's how it works.

My only concern would be that some station would give her a slot to temporarily boost ratings.

otherwise she is gonzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

You see , the media will lose interest in a loser very fast.

That's how it works.

Not necessarily true.......Jedward are still around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Rubik. wrote: »
    "Fianna Fail - My role in It's downfall?"

Nah. It's Mammy O'Rourke we're discussing. Ergo:

"It's role in my downfall".

Remember the FF idiom: Self before Party, Party before Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭GSF

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Not necessarily true.......Jedward are still around.
    Jedward won.. despite having the vote stacked against them ;)

and Jedward havent caused the collapse of the country..........yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Now on DriveTime ffs!

I told ye all.. She has more time on her hands now, so she will be used by all radio stations as their filler when they cant get anybody significant on the show....

Talking about that infuriating Dept Of Finance report... which assigns blame to everybody whose left with huge pensions, and blames nobody currently in the civil service... So pretty much the report the Department of Finance requested of the "independent" people who carried it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I told ye all.. She has more time on her hands now, so she will be used by all radio stations as their filler when they cant get anybody significant on the show....

Talking about that infuriating Dept Of Finance report... which assigns blame to everybody whose left with huge pensions, and blames nobody currently in the civil service... So pretty much the report the Department of Finance requested of the "independent" people who carried it out..

Mary Wilson is chatting to her like a best friend. Can't take this seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

cackle cackle grunt random noises repetitive words

• Advertisement

Squaking away on RTE TV when I turned on to see the new Cabinet ... :(

Advertisement