Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

A friend and i have dubbed here Mumm-ra O'Rourke the ever living.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Everytime I see this godforsaken woman,or her inane ramblings,I have a kind of "Pavlov's Dog" reaction to her.

I just have to see or hear her before I explode in a kind tsunami of tourettes..."f*cking hell,not this f*cking gobsh*te,spouting more f*cking sh*te,I'm sick of seeing her f*cking mug on the telly,I wish she'd just f*ck off and never f*cking come back,she can keep her f*cking sh*te opinions to her f*cking self" ........well something like that :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

So her losing her seat won't see any reduction in her endless media outings? :rolleyes:

She should be given her own radio show to gossip and then banned from all others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's on Newstalk now talking about Fianna Fail's choices for the Senate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Don't worry boys and girls, Mammy will soon fade away.

You see , the media will lose interest in a loser very fast.

That's how it works.

My only concern would be that some station would give her a slot to temporarily boost ratings.

otherwise she is gonzo

If only that were so Flut.

The wench is on Newstalk now pontificating (if a woman can do such a thing) about the forthcoming Seanad elections.

Why the listeners are interested in the opinions of a has been failed politician is beyond me.

Text submitted to Newstalk regarding same. A waste of 30 cent I fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jaysus, seeing as she LOST her seat wouldnt it make more sense to ask one of the 20 FFers that DID get elected what they think about the subject instead ?

i fear the media just dont want to let her go so were stuck with this, kinda like the new nell macafferty (when was the last time SHE was relevant either ? that could be the timescale for being stuck with mammy ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Lapin wrote: »
    If only that were so Flut.

The wench is on Newstalk now pontificating (if a woman can do such a thing) about the forthcoming Seanad elections.

Why the listeners are interested in the opinions of a has been failed politician is beyond me.

Text submitted to Newstalk regarding same. A waste of 30 cent I fear.

I think not, he just read out your comment!
    well done! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    I was thinking about this, as she is no longer in the Dail and FF are not in power she will increasingly be out of the loop and so I suspect radio producers will phase her out, rather than seek her "insight" at the drop of a hat.

Well at the risk of triggering 'football commentator speaks to soon' syndrome
    it looks like I was right on the national airwaves.

Not so hasty Mike.

Seanad elections coming up.

She's on Down to Business on Newstalk now.:(

What the hell does she know about business ?:mad:

EDIT :

She hasn't a clue about transport in Dublin either.

She claims that Metro North may be shelved in favour of the Interconnector.

Bobby Kerr was about to inform us (correctly) that the Interconnector is a proposal to link Pearse and Heuston stations, when O'Rourke interrupted by claiming it was simply a plan to connect the two Luas lines.

A job that wouldn't have to be done if she did her own job right in the first place as Minister for Transport when the plans for Luas were announced.

• Advertisement

Another reason to prefer Sunday Business Show on Today FM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

The newstalk biz show was the best on air a while ago, jeez they're scraping the barrel now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭Speak Now

She was on newstalk again today (Moncrieff)

Oh hell, she's had her break and hungry for more...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

She's on Morning Ireland now. Complaining about media spin, in relation to her idiot nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Dirigent wrote: »
    She's on Morning Ireland now. Complaining about media spin, in relation to her idiot nephew.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ksimpson wrote: »
    Which one?

Oh snap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Bubblegums

Last time she was on Moncrieff she said something very funny about FG...

Re Fine Gael 'burning the bond holders', Mary said 'They seem to have put away the firelighters'

Oh I cried laughing... she has some classic one liners! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Bubblegums wrote: »

Re Fine Gael 'burning the bond holders', Mary said 'They seem to have put away the firelighters'

Great to know we're getting value for the hundreds of thousands of euro a year this weapon is hoovering out of our state coffers in ministerial pensions.
    But perhaps it might be more cost-effective for the nation and more amusing for you if we just paid Tommy Tiernan to do a gig in your living room once a week?

Great to know we're getting value for the hundreds of thousands of euro a year this weapon is hoovering out of our state coffers in ministerial pensions.
    But perhaps it might be more cost-effective for the nation and more amusing for you if we just paid Tommy Tiernan to do a gig in your living room once a week?

I'm not sure I like your tone... and anyways, Tommy T is rubbish. Give me Mary any day, and before you go off on one, I'm not a political loon, I just thought she was funny, pension or not :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

I'm not sure I like your tone... and anyways, Tommy T is rubbish. Give me Mary any day, and before you go off on one, I'm not a political loon, I just thought she was funny, pension or not :rolleyes:

Of course you didnt like his tone, he was right. You on the other hand think that total waste of space mary o'rourke is soooooooo funny you just crack up every time she talks. she makes sane people sick

If ye forgot, it is a thread about her... chances are you are going to read something you may or may not like too much but no need to get in a sweat about it...

As I said before, I just thought what she said was funny and actually, what she said was also true - different thread for that.

I only said what I said as part of the thread, I wasn't picking on anyone. :rolleyes:

Chill out, I doubt Mary is in a flap over what you say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dirigent wrote: »

You're gonna have to narrow it down for us..

Conor or Brian... and seeing as Brian is the ex 'Finance' minister, I'd say it was about Brian?

Mind you, Conor has had his moments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Well seeing that her Ministerial record includes:

Hawking Eircom to asset strippers for a song, ensuring that tax payers loose, loose and still loose;

Building two tram lines that interconnect with nothing (during a time when resources were available to achieve anything)

She's not in the best position to be taken seriously as anything other than an airhead comedian. But she's probably excellent on the British royal wedding, that's really her kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Looks like Mary O'Rourke is going to be on The Right Hook today for the Thursday interview...

I'm sure the people of this forum will be rejoicing... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

dulpit wrote: »
    Looks like Mary O'Rourke is going to be on The Right Hook today for the Thursday interview...

I'm sure the people of this forum will be rejoicing... :pac:

She's on now. She's some woman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

FredBloggs wrote: »
    She's on now. She's some woman

Leaving aside the Lenihan-O'Rourke aristocracy in this republic from which this individual comes, and her remark that somebody who criticised Bertie Ahern was guilty of "treason", I caught this most, most, most obnoxious has-been (once again rejected by the electorate! - and no Seanad seat to be dumped into this time and paid €100,000 of taxpayers' money) talking to the eternal mangler of the Queen's English that is George Hook, shuddered, and changed the station quickly, very quickly.

What does it take for such a wholly objectionable individual to get the hint, desist from cocking her head above the parapet and retire to private life as fully and comprehensively as other parasites such as Raphael Burke have done? Why overstay her welcome? She, and her sometimes equally repellent ilk, had their day, they fucked us all to a historically unique extent and are off in the sunset of their lives on huge pensions and, with utter gall, are now trying to establish themselves as elder statesmen/women via these appearances on Irish radio.

Leaving with grace, pride, style, decency, class - this Mary O'Rourke individual lacks all these noble characteristics. Do we get anything for the huge pension Irish taxpayers are giving her? Anything, like leaving the public life from which she is supposed to be retired?

This thread has gone quiet!

She's a guest on Sam Smyths show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mike65 wrote: »
    This thread has gone quiet!
    She's a guest on Sam Smyths show.

Listening to Finucane at the moment, but thanks for the heads up (I certainly wont be switching now)..

Advertisement