Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

FFS she is on Pat Kenny now tasting foods and giving her verdict on cakes.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No wonder she is standing for election again - if she wasn't a TD she would be less likely to get to appear on every radio show in the country. How can anyone vote for her? She obviously does very little work if she is always up in Dublin spending her day traveling around to every radio studio there is. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sweet Jesus, she's on PK now...does she get paid for her contributions or something? :confused:

She'd be a fecking millionaire by now if she did!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I started this thread I never imagined it would get so much use.

Actually thats a lie! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

SB-08 wrote: »
    She is on PK now. Such waffle. She says it too late to change leader despite the election not being for over 2 months. This is the same women who claimed last year that the issue of leadership should be discussed in early Jan up the return (ie, last week) which is exactly what happened. She is now saying it's too late? I bet if it was Brian Lenihan challenging and not Martins should certainly wouldn't have such a view.:rolleyes:

This is the same woman who sat in government for 20 years and watched the destruction of this economy without a whimper, and now she wants to distance herself from the leadership of Fianna Fail. Too late Mary, you fool nobody. She was a full participant in the culture of cronyism and political patronage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Shes like a bad itch that just wont feck off. Little lenihan is now in training to replace her when shes gone. hes starting to pop up everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

cobwebs wrote: »
    This is the same woman who sat in government for 20 years and watched the destruction of this economy without a whimper, and now she wants to distance herself from the leadership of Fianna Fail. Too late Mary, you fool nobody. She was a full participant in the culture of cronyism and political patronage.

Unfortunately cobbie, she will fool people.

Check out her vote in Athlone after the election, that's the problem, this auld biddy will appear at every dog fight till march 11 hoping some people will forget about her part in the Govt. over the years and she will act the hurler on the ditch as long as people let her.

The electorate are not unfortunately as insightful as Mr. Cobweb.

I am not so sure that the people of Athlone are that stupid. She lost her seat before when FF where in their hayday and the sad ould biddy will certainly loose it this time.
    Unfortunately cobbie, she will fool people.

Check out her vote in Athlone after the election, that's the problem, this auld biddy will appear at every dog fight till march 11 hoping some people will forget about her part in the Govt. over the years and she will act the hurler on the ditch as long as people let her.

The electorate are not unfortunately as insightful as Mr. Cobweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I am not so sure that the people of Athlone are that stupid. She lost her seat before when FF where in their hayday and the sad ould biddy will certainly loose it this time.

I'd certainly hope you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

question is though...

...will that be enought to get her off the airwaves ?

fecking journos LOVE her.

ive come damn close to suffering toxic levels of exposure to her this week. She was fecking EVERYWHERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

telekon wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, she's on PK now...does she get paid for her contributions or something? :confused:

She'd be a fecking millionaire by now if she did!!

I think no - it's just to top up her pension, in case IMF start looking
    I could go on and on and on --- BUT I don't want to get banned here again.

Have a look over in Soc > politics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

In light to today's events prepare for even more of her from next week.

Mary will no longer be required once the elction is on. The more serious politicians will now take over. Mary will have to fight for an odd spot even on local radio.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

If she is elected there's a good chance she'll be given a job on the FF opposition frontbench as spokesperson for something or other. There'll probably be enough spokesperson jobs to give to every FF TD at that stage (if the party still exists!) Prepare to hear even more from her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Mammy on one talk channel, Kebab on another, thank f*ck for Lyric.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She's been missing for over 48 hours now. :eek:

Is this a record !

Her silence is golden. :D

Mary O'Rourke is harping on about some young journalist (think she said Elane Byrne) who wrote an article about sex. She is saying in the Dail how she hopes she continues being able to have sex for many years to come. :eek:

She is totally nuts. Just waffling on as if she was having a chat with her friend over a cup of coffee. How is this nonsense allowed? This is meant to be a debate on the Finance Bill. She is now giving out about people who complain about her going to funerals. :rolleyes:

RT Ireland's National Television and Radio Broadcaster

Think a Mattie McGrath watch forum could be set up aswell as this mammy 1. Hes everywhere today and been everywhere when theres a story breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

She's been nattering on in Dáil Éireann about nothing to do with the fúcking finance bill for several minutes now, and has just been told by Séams Kirk she can continue to do so for another five minutes.

What a waste of money paying her to be there - we should be getting this bloody bill through and nothing else.

http://www.rte.ie/news/player_live.html#schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    Think a Mattie McGrath watch forum could be set up aswell as this mammy 1. Hes everywhere today and been everywhere when theres a story breaking

I did suggest this as far back as Sept. of last year but Mattie went into hibernation then for a while. He's clearly awoken from his slumber now....unfortunately. The thoughts of this muppet doing a Jackie Healy Rae or a Michael Lowry and holding the country to ransom is thankfully merely that, a thought, such will be the majority in the next Dail.

I can imagine his demands were he given such power though - free Farah slacks for the over 55s; drink driving laws to be completely abolished; tractors having the right of way on all roads; all dogs to be trained for coursing; 'Killinaskully' and 'Mattie' to be on continuous loop on RTE; no tax for residents of Tipperary; the Greens to be rounded up and shot; 70foot statues of Bertie and CJ to be erected in every city, town and village in the country; the National Anthem changed to 'Cotton Eyed Joe'; a nationwide ban on elocution lessons.....I could go on.....

Greens to be rounded up and shot

bit late for that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

neris wrote: »
    bit late for that now

It's not...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Will Martin ask O'Rourke to stand aside.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Will Martin ask O'Rourke to stand aside.....

Mehole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's on Pat Kenny now saying she thinks it was unfair the way Cowen was "hounded" out by members of the party....am I hallucinating or was she not one of the people speaking out against him at the end???

She's on Pat Kenny now saying she thinks it was unfair the way Cowen was "hounded" out by members of the party....am I hallucinating or was she not one of the people speaking out against him at the end???

Incredible stuff. She was the women who said publically (on PK's own show I think) that Mary Cowen should have a word in Brian's ear and tell him it was time to go. And not only that but her nephew Conor Lenihan fronted the rebels and publically demanded Cowen resign - appearing on every radio and TV show there was complaining how Cowen's own actions had eroded confidence in politics as a whole.

Even more amazing is that the Plank didn't even take her up on her comments. Interviewers never seem to want to upset her. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I just had a terrible thought - if she doesn't get elected to the Dail, she may put herself forward for the Seanad elections :eek:

That's what she did in 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No doubt she will do it again.

With all the panels packed to gills with FF cronies she will be a shoe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Honestly,when she,"in whose mouth butter refuses to melt" starts to talk, a great cloud of gloom envelops my being

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

ATM on the late debate with - :eek: Claire Byrne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

dh0661 wrote: »
    ATM on the late debate with - :eek: Claire Byrne

Good grief,she is lecturing and "I always enjoyed public speaking"...."Mmm".."Yes"..."I had a phone call before I came up here...." The woman is switched onto her own wavelength and garrulously saunters on oblivious of how idiotic and removed from reality she is:D

Advertisement