Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

God thats some waffle. She has her tongue so far up Pat Kennys backside going about the frontline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

SB-08 wrote: »
    She is on PK now. Such waffle. She says it too late to change leader despite the election not being for over 2 months. This is the same women who claimed last year that the issue of leadership should be discussed in early Jan up the return (ie, last week) which is exactly what happened. She is now saying it's too late? I bet if it was Brian Lenihan challenging and not Martins should certainly wouldn't have such a view.:rolleyes:

Well spotted. And not a challenge about that from PK or his colleagues just a chuckle and a laugh with the old crone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She called for a parliamentary party debate on the leadership in January, just before christmas... Now that she effectively has it, she doesnt want it.. It's not coincidental that she has left it sooooo late to declare herself.. She's counted the numbers and decided that it would be favourable to be on the winning team rather than sticking with her principles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

She called for a parliamentary party debate on the leadership in January, just before christmas... Now that she effectively has it, she doesnt want it.. It's not coincidental that she has left it sooooo late to declare herself.. She's counted the numbers and decided that it would be favourable to be on the winning team rather than sticking with her principles..

Yes and wasn't it her that made the remark about why didn't Mrs Cowen have a word with the hubby to you know, do the right thjing - yet today she will vote confidence in him.

I'm not so much annoyed about her cos she has the dignity and principles of an alleycat, but for PK or the two thers in the studio not to ask her about her change of mind is just typical of the really bad media Ireland has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

gambiaman wrote: »
    Yes and wasn't it her that made the remark about why didn't Mrs Cowen have a word with the hubby to you know, do the right thjing - yet today she will vote confidence in him.

I'm not so much annoyed about her cos she has the dignity and principles of an alleycat, but for PK or the two thers in the studio not to ask her about her change of mind is just typical of the really bad media Ireland has.

Yea, thats all I garnered from that section too. Its infuriating stuff and I'm usually pretty confident Pat will call out politicians concerning these blatant inconsistencies. Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Principles?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

O Mary Mary, how you have let yourself down. Seems it was not so long ago when she was advising poor Cowen and wife to return to Clara and live out their twilight years. I guess poor Conor won't be invited to next Christmas's family gathering.

Can we assume Brian Lenihan is going to back the Buffoon!

Mind boggling stuff, anyone see Tony Kileen on Vincent Browne last night, it was appalling to watch Poor Tony name two, Just two things Cowen has contributed to public life. Not a single suggestion was forthcoming, surely this must say it all!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

FFS

She's on Lunchtime with Whoever on Newstalk now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh and I switch to newstalk and there she is. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now on NT! IS there no escape? I will take a virtual bet with someone that she will be on The Last Word later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

PLEASE ask her why she has totally changed her mind on this issue. Stop letting her waffle on as per usual. It is beyond tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

mike65 wrote: »
    Now on NT! IS there no escape? I will take a virtual bet with someone that she will be on The Last Word later.

I wont bet against you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

As I said here before, but it needs repeating - Mary O'Rourke never met a mic she didn't like!

Glad I kept my money in my pocket !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

on matt cooper now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D While we can dispair at her midlands homestead homilies they phone her, not the other way round.

:D While we can dispair at her midlands homestead homilies they phone her, not the other way round.

And her f...ing mojo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Talk about sitting on the fence and hedging her bets! Cowen is great and so is Micheál Martin. They're all great. I'm surprised she didn't suggest they rotate the leadership, along with anyone else who wanted it.

The most insightful thing she said was "Mind your throat Michael" as she was going.

The women has no shame but the presenters who interview her are also to blame for being so nice. She has now said that there is only one reason and one reason only that she is voting for Cowen and it is because she believes it is too late. FFS SHE IS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED THE LEADERSHIP BE DISCUSSED IN JANUARY:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why does no-one tell her this fact? It is so annoying how she is always allowed away with her waffle.

Kennedy on again sounding like a robot. Very hard to listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Only reason that woman is on the air is to promote her own campaign.

Cannot understand why anyone pays any attention to her.

Long past sell by date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Long past sell by date.

Best before when ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dh0661 wrote: »
    Best before when ? :rolleyes:

The women has no shame but the presenters who interview her are also to blame for being so nice. She has now said that there is only one reason and one reason only that she is voting for Cowen and it is because she believes it is too late. FFS SHE IS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED THE LEADERSHIP BE DISCUSSED IN JANUARY:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Only reason that woman is on the air is to promote her own campaign.

Pat Rabbitte has just addressed the above on Breakfast with Ivan Yates on Newstalk.

He also referred to her as, "she in whose mouth, butter refuses to melt" :D

I'm not a huge fan of Rabbitte's by any means but I gotta give the man 10 out of 10 this morning !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pat was on fire this morning.

Mary was on Breakfast on Newstalk this morning offering her standard "you'll have to ask the person themselves" to any question put to her on either of the Brians or Conor. Don't know why she bothers coming on air other than to hear the sound of her own voice........ah ha! I've cracked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Mary was on Breakfast on Newstalk this morning offering her standard "you'll have to ask the person themselves" to any question put to her on either of the Brians or Conor. Don't know why she bothers coming on air other than to hear the sound of her own voice........ah ha! I've cracked it!

... and then was on 2FM with Tubby soon after. They'd a great discussion about her twitter account etc.

Lapin wrote: »
    Pat Rabbitte has just addressed the above on Breakfast with Ivan Yates on Newstalk.

He also referred to her as, "she in whose mouth, butter refuses to melt" :D

I'm not a huge fan of Rabbitte's by any means but I gotta give the man 10 out of 10 this morning !

Just listened back - brilliant stuff from Fat Pat:D He has a brilliant way with words and along with Noonan is probably the wittiest member of the Dail.;)

I also loved when I think it was Pat Leahy called Mammy "The Tony Soprano of the Dail" :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Haddockman wrote: »
    Pat was on fire this morning.

Imagine if Pat Rabitte and Michael Noonan had a baby....that would be radio GOLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I also loved when I think it was Pat Leahy called Mammy "The Tony Soprano of the Dail" :D:D:D

I thought it was Chris, no?

• Advertisement

Mary on her Newstalk Breakfast slot again. "We are where we are", "everyman and everywoman for themselves" plus other usual soundbytes again.

Then an endorsement of the nephew towards the end - "I was watching the 9 o'clock news last night and I had to say to myself, gee Conor, you're great".

She actually answered a yes or no on revisiting the leadership of Brian Cowen at the end. She said "yes".

Advertisement