Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl proposed for Swords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

There should have been an onus on them to pay for the upgrade of the road along that stretch, that would at least have been reasonable.

I don't see that there were any grounds to refuse permission other than traffic however - a problem which once managed properly will not cause a huge concern there. The problem is of course that, this being FCC/Lidl/ABP, the traffic will not be managed rightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good call, when does it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Was never not going to get the go ahead.

Anyone without an emotional attachment to the case could see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Was never not going to get the go ahead.

Anyone without an emotional attachment to the case could see that.

Would you disagree with the qualified inspectors report?

PCros wrote: »
    Would you disagree with the qualified inspectors report?
    Having not read the report I'd be unable to answer your question, sorry. The other thing is that what I agree with or disagree with is of little relevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi Just wondering if anyone has an update on when the Pertol Station is closing and construction work is due to begin on site??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

I'm not sure how fast these things move, I must ask when I'm in there next.

I also read that Lidl will have to contribute almost €700,000 towards the proposed Metro North.

I wonder what happens that money if the project is scrapped?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Lidl has applied for an extension to the already approved plan.

http://myswords.ie/2011/11/03/lidl-apply-for-extension-of-controversial-rathbeale-store/

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The petrol station is closing mid November afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I've no dog in this race but how come it was approved when there were so many objections? Is that typical?

• Advertisement

I've no dog in this race but how come it was approved when there were so many objections? Is that typical?

Dunno. Interesting question though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Larianne wrote: »
    The petrol station is closing mid November afaik.

Yeah I think its the 16th. Not sure if the 16th is the last day of business or the first day of closure. Open to correction. We get the newspapers from the library there and I'm pretty sure they were told the 16th.

The number of objections has nothing to do with it, it's the validity of the objections that come into play.

One valid objection is more note able than 1,000 NIMBY objections

Note: my comment is a general one and not specific to this application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

When is building scheduled to begin? And when will the store be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

I hear the petrol station has now been closed. This must mean they are getting ready to start building soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Its closed and being gutted now, drove by the other day and they were taking all the fridges out, pumps are gone. Early next month id say theyll start demolition, removal of tanks, ready for building in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Drove by today, Tinnely demolition erecting hoarding and warning signs, but the sounds from my house they've begun demolition, there was some plant moving around the back the I could see from JC's doesnt look like they've started knocking the actual structure yet.

Also they were pumping the remaining fuel from the tanks

Only got a quick peak as i was waiting for a car to turn right up Brackenstown ave

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

The cottage has no been demolished. Id say it wil be early in the new year before the shop gets demolished. They are still clearing away some of the fixtures.

Going to be a very different place when its finally finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

And I wonder if those with all the objections and reservations regarding LIDL being built there will shop there? It'll be very different alright.

Any ideas when this is ready to open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

What's the latest on site? Can anyone give an update on the progress that's been made?

From what I saw last, the foundations have been laid and some of the exterior walls have gone up.

They are flying along with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Opening apparently in late March according to one of the OH's buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kristobal

Just wondering if they started any sort of recruitment campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Stheno wrote: »
    Opening apparently in late March according to one of the OH's buddies.

I would say so. The shell of the building is alredy up. Haven't heard anything in terms of recruitment as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Recruitment would not got through the shop, you'd have to apply to any of the head offices, Mullingar and Newbridge are the Leinster one's..

€6,000 worth of equipment stolen from the site during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Passed this tonight, it has a sign "opening soon" all I can say is I hope it drives JC's prices down and pushes the level of customer service up... JCs is only cheap for alcohol and the staff are too busy having a "great chat in whatever language they speak" and pay no attention to customer service.... bloody hate the place and will welcome some opposition in the locality...x I spent €55 on two dinners and cleaning products last week at JC's cos my wee one was sick and I couldn't travel too far, I would have shopped for the week at Lidl or Aldi.

there are certain staff members at JCs who think their job is to chat to their mates bloody wrecks my head.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

bernyh wrote: »
    Passed this tonight, it has a sign "opening soon" all I can say is I hope it drives JC's prices down and pushes the level of customer service up... JCs is only cheap for alcohol and the staff are too busy having a "great chat in whatever language they speak" and pay no attention to customer service.... bloody hate the place and will welcome some opposition in the locality...x I spent €55 on two dinners and cleaning products last week at JC's cos my wee one was sick and I couldn't travel too far, I would have shopped for the week at Lidl or Aldi.

there are certain staff members at JCs who think their job is to chat to their mates bloody wrecks my head.......................

Couldn't be more different to my experience with JCs. hope your wee one is doing well again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

tbh wrote: »
    Couldn't be more different to my experience with JCs. hope your wee one is doing well again

Likewise.

JC's has some of the best customer service I know of. Very helpful staff and the managers and sons of JC's will go out of their way to help. :confused:

Advertisement