Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

the night of fighting spiders 'sorry you must be 21'
    ah lad we're 20 gwan be sound
    'no you must be 21'. as we turn and walk away
    he suddenly shouts back 'hey guys you can come in you can come in'

wether ashley had a word with him or he saw we had a crowd with us (cha-ching) he suddenly seemed to change his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Seems to be a bit of work going on around oxygen and muldoons, any info on what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The new bar is in in Masons alright, was in there last night, i think the circular bar is still there structurally though, just not opened, i think......it was all a little hazy :)

did meet Big-Slick-Poker who assured me Su-Bo has been added to the bill for the waterford music fest along with Garth Brooks to appeal to the older generation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

kryogen wrote: »
    The new bar is in in Masons alright, was in there last night, i think the circular bar is still there structurally though, just not opened, i think......it was all a little hazy :)

did meet Big-Slick-Poker who assured me Su-Bo has been added to the bill for the waterford music fest along with Garth Brooks to appeal to the older generation ;)

So much better to work in. The old bar was a disaster.

Adyx wrote: »
    So much better to work in. The old bar was a disaster.

really?

couple of lads I work with who used to work there said they loved the roundy bar :)

different strokes i suppose

• Advertisement

really?

couple of lads I work with who used to work there said they loved the roundy bar :)

different strokes i suppose

Ah no way. I used to work in Masons every now and again when I was in Muldoons and I hated that bar. Very poor layout and you'd need about 6 staff to cover it on a busy night with everyone getting in each other's way. The new bar has a much better layout and 4 staff is usually enough. I like my space. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Ah no way. I used to work in Masons every now and again when I was in Muldoons and I hated that bar. Very poor layout and you'd need about 6 staff to cover it on a busy night with everyone getting in each other's way. The new bar has a much better layout and 4 staff is usually enough. I like my space. :D

I always noticed that in Waterford bar staff are often falling over each other because of bad layouts.

I was in a bar once (more of a cocktail bar, but anyway) and there was just one person on the till taking orders. She then printed two receipts, one for the customer, and the other for the bar-men who got the drinks. It got around the whole bar-men falling over each other, the queue was more orderly, and it looked a very efficient setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

STIG83 wrote: »
    Harveys for the May Bank Holiday was good laugh, was there Sunday Night, music was good.
    But last night was terrible, is it a different DJ they have or what? and its a sad day that the Skittles Cocktail is gone from there :(
    Injustice that they are gone!!

loved the skittles cocktails. and the free handful of skittles ya'd get to :( !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

RxQueen wrote: »
    Injustice that they are gone!!

loved the skittles cocktails. and the free handful of skittles ya'd get to :( !!

They stopped selling them when i finished working there and then told staff it was that they couldn't sell it because I was gone and as I had come up with the recipe - real reason is they always claimed it was too expensive to be buying skittles - always said it to me when I was in there :rolleyes:
    Doesnt bother me to be honest - only a drink, they should have kept making it since the customers seemed to like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Elbows22 wrote: »
    They stopped selling them when i finished working there and then told staff it was that they couldn't sell it because I was gone and as I had come up with the recipe - real reason is they always claimed it was too expensive to be buying skittles - always said it to me when I was in there :rolleyes:
    Doesnt bother me to be honest - only a drink, they should have kept making it since the customers seemed to like it :)

Everyone told me to go get one but by the time I turned 18, they stopped selling them.. :(

Is it just skittles vodka like?

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Everyone told me to go get one but by the time I turned 18, they stopped selling them.. :(

Is it just skittles vodka like?

Nope - little bit extra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Nope - little bit extra :)

Don't fancy dishing out the recipe? :)

Think about the joy it would spread.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Don't fancy dishing out the recipe? :)

Think about the joy it would spread.

nah its my claim to fame haha :cool:

Boo-urns. Boo-urns!

dayshah wrote: »
    I always noticed that in Waterford bar staff are often falling over each other because of bad layouts.

I was in a bar once (more of a cocktail bar, but anyway) and there was just one person on the till taking orders. She then printed two receipts, one for the customer, and the other for the bar-men who got the drinks. It got around the whole bar-men falling over each other, the queue was more orderly, and it looked a very efficient setup.

It's true. I used to always work in the Island bar in Muldoons and had it set up perfectly for me to work in - I could do it with my eyes closed. I went into work one night and 7 people ended up in the bar. Absolute disaster with only 2 tills.

I like the idea of a person dedicated to taking orders, it's easily the most time consuming part of serving someone. Around here though you'd still have people shouting at the bar staff for a double Red Bull and a vodka (you'd be surprised how often I hear this).

As to skittles cocktails, I think Elbows posted the recipe somewhere earlier in the thread. :D

Charles?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

It was a quality cocktail in all fairness.

As to skittles cocktails, I think Elbows posted the recipe somewhere earlier in the thread. :D

I hope i didnt :)

Charles?

Confusion has just set in :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I hope i didnt :)

* quickly checks previous posts :)

• Advertisement

You did! :pac:

I searched it and 'twas there but frankly I don't even know what half the ingredients are, so that rules this out! :P

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    You did! :pac:

I searched it and 'twas there but frankly I don't even know what half the ingredients are, so that rules this out! :P

What post number? lol
    Damn it haha

What post number? lol
    Damn it haha

I dunno.. I just typed "Skittles Cocktail" and limited it to the Waterford City forum! :P

Charles?

Nah, he's not Charles. Did he even work in Harvey's?

Skittles Cocktails

Nah, he's not Charles. Did he even work in Harvey's?

Skittles Cocktails

Damn it haha

Think I know what I'm bringing to my next session. You may as well put down the measures now elbows.

ziedth wrote: »
    Think I know what I'm bringing to my next session. You may as well put down the measures now elbows.

I blame ADYX - Damn You ADYX lol :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Woooooo may try and make some!

ziedth wrote: »

Yeah putting down the proportions will just save lots of drunkenness while one tries to perfect it. :)

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah putting down the proportions will just save lots of drunkenness while one tries to perfect it. :)

I give in :D

1 shot vodka
    1/2 shot peach schnapps
    1/2 shot mickey finns
    handful of skittles
    3 shots oj :rolleyes:
    all on ice and shake, pour into glass and top up with white lemonade then a small drop of grenadine around the rim of the glass :)
    Most important step - Enjoy :D

Advertisement