Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Was in The Foundry on Sunday for a while, went in before 12 so didnt have to pay €10, was strange to be walking in where Rubys Lounge was, such a young crowd in there, or im getting old!! I have seen the place and wont be going back there.
    Is that guy who used to be in Rubys shown his face in The Foundry yet i wonder? he was known as The Ruby Stalker. When Bebo was popular there was a page set up for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I must say I'm loving Mason during the week , espically with the live band... Much prefer it to going out on a Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm pretty much the same. They're taking out the island bar too which will create a load of extra space downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm pretty much the same. They're taking out the island bar too which will create a load of extra space downstairs.

i was wondering what was going on when i saw a skip at the side of it there yesterday, are they doing any other work?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

STIG83 wrote: »
    Was in The Foundry on Sunday for a while, went in before 12 so didnt have to pay €10, was strange to be walking in where Rubys Lounge was, such a young crowd in there, or im getting old!! I have seen the place and wont be going back there.
    Is that guy who used to be in Rubys shown his face in The Foundry yet i wonder? he was known as The Ruby Stalker. When Bebo was popular there was a page set up for him.

Ah Rubys Pervert! Think he took up residence in Masons!
    Was in Harveys last two bank holiday weekends and boy was it dead! If its like that on a bank holiday whats it like normally???? And those feckin lights kept blinding me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

AdMMM wrote: »

Will there be a bar at all downstairs?

I was in Harveys myself last sunday and apart from meeting a couple of boardsies it was shocking in there. for a regular saturday night I would have said it was very quiet let alone a bank holiday.

Then this €2 in shíte I can't get my head around, it was €7.50 for a vodka and coke and they are trying to tell me that need an extra €2 to go with that. Madness.

I also went for one in the foundry as it was free in before 12. it looks great in fairness if your into that thing but our group of around 12 were mid 20's to 30 jesus i felt we were out of place. If I was younger i'm sure I would have liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

ziedth wrote: »
    Will there be a bar at all downstairs?

They're putting the bar in on the left when you walk into Masons.

Will Masons be closed for a while then if they changing the bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id imagine they will have to close for a night or two, but id say it will be a quick as possible kinda thing, they are stripping away the bar piece by piece and getting the new bar ready at the same time so id guess they will only close for 2 nights maximum (monday tuesday) to get the changeover complete

They may of course do the change over night, have the workers start at closing time and workl through the night, has happened at other venues before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

kryogen wrote: »
    They may of course do the change over night, have the workers start at closing time and workl through the night, has happened at other venues before

Shame they couldn't do it in secret. It'd be mad to go in and suddenly find the place changed.

• Advertisement

One thing I always thought strange about masons is the fact that when you go in, you go up 4 or 5 steps, just to go right back down another couple of steps straight away. Is the structure protected or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

I doubt it will close, was there monday and the counter and shelves were in. I think it will be ready next week. not much to it really, wonder what way they will have seating when the bar is removed. Wonder how it would look if the old bar was left there and turned into seating or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was closed earlier today when I was walking past. Glimpse in the window let me see that the bar is already moved and taps were hooked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Normally closed during the day I taught.

Well closed for renovations I should say, just so people knew not to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's to be ready to go for tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was open tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Ledger wrote: »
    One thing I always thought strange about masons is the fact that when you go in, you go up 4 or 5 steps, just to go right back down another couple of steps straight away. Is the structure protected or something?
    Sunami proofing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Ledger wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's protected or anything. Those steps weren't there when it was the Junction.

Adyx wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's protected or anything. Those steps weren't there when it was the Junction.

Strange design...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

the guy who desinged masons said most people will always stay on the ground floor rather then walking up a stairs,but if you put in a landing with step's up and down like mason's gives people the idea it is as easy to go up as it is to go down hence the crowd will be more evenly spread over the two floors,they were worried people would not use the upstairs bar,three shippes as an example.

the guy who desinged masons said most people will always stay on the ground floor rather then walking up a stairs,but if you put in a landing with step's up and down like mason's gives people the idea it is as easy to go up as it is to go down hence the crowd will be more evenly spread over the two floors,they were worried people would not use the upstairs bar,three shippes as an example.

that's a good one alright, kind of makes sense.

The Front Lounge is doing well on Saturday nights from what i saw last night, good crowd in there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

STIG83 wrote: »
    The Front Lounge is doing well on Saturday nights from what i saw last night, good crowd in there.

It was indeed, it was hoping. went to harveys for a little before half one after the perl jam thing in the forum, had one drink realised how shíte it was and went up to TFL. saved the night. Harvey's for some reason just seems to be awful these days. was Masons busy last night? is the new bar set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    It was indeed, it was hoping. went to harveys for a little before half one after the perl jam thing in the forum, had one drink realised how shíte it was and went up to TFL. saved the night. Harvey's for some reason just seems to be awful these days. was Masons busy last night? is the new bar set up?

Are the Foundry getting a decent crowd since they cut the cover charge? I hope so. But from the facebook photos it doesn't look so packed on the dance floor.

Harveys for the May Bank Holiday was good laugh, was there Sunday Night, music was good.
    But last night was terrible, is it a different DJ they have or what? and its a sad day that the Skittles Cocktail is gone from there :(

Foundry looks to be doing much better now. The guys taking photos need to invest in a decent camera though - I haven't seen one good photo to come from the place yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

can anyone tell me what the age restrictions are in the front lounge? have a few friends who were refused recently being told it was 21s, though they think he just didnt like the look of them.

was only there once for a fighting spiders gig and there was a few people there under 21

21 is their official line I believe but if you don't look like trouble, you'll be fine.

• Advertisement

21 is the official line, but they're only gonna point it out if they're having second thoughts about ya.

aaahhh

The joys of being 21. :D

Advertisement